Leaders of Varietas Delectat

avain

(key)
Leaders of Varietas Delectat
current version: v3.2 (for VD 9.1 or stand-alone)
date added: 2010.06.19​

This modcomp adds several more leaders for the stock civilizations, and is intended as an add-on for Varietas Delectat mod (http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=237192') (although it's made in a modular fashion, so it's quite easy to change/remove/add other LHs, or use these LHs for other purposes)
All leaders are hand-picked, and optimized to hell (or at least 'till purgatory - believe me, it was some work...)
All this is done in hope that it's playable without MAFs.

Includes options to install:
- Actual Quotes by Willowmound: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=234288
- Improved Graphics by Chuggi (only the LH changes): http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=293656
- Install as a stand-alone mod! (no need for VD, but the mod will still be named Varietas Delectat)

So without further ado, please take a look at the picture below for the added LHs:

Enjoy!

All the leaderhead makers on CFC!
Most notably: Ekmek, Amra, bernie, Refar, C. Roland, NikNaks, The Capo and really everyone else who contibuted to this amazing set of LHs! Thank you!

Changelog

v3.2

- optimized ImprovedGraphics LHs FPK, also included some vanilla normal textures optimized (let's see if this helps)
- qin_shi_diff - copy.dds correction (thx LunarMongoose)
- added Timur Lenk (Tamerlane) by The Capo, IgorS, optimized by avain

v3.1

- added Jingu by Ekmek, optimized by avain
- added Cetshwayo by The Capo, optimized by avain
- added new Sargon by Den9510, optimized and reskinned a bit by avain
- added new Alexander by Ekmek, Bernie14, The_Coyote, The Capo, optimized by avain
- added Gustav Adolf (man, this guy has a serious case of lobotomy) by The Capo, optimized by avain (who tried to cure the head but not really succeeding)
- added Mongkut by The Capo, optimized by avain
- added Vercingetorix by The Capo, optimized by avain
- added the Trung Sisters by Ekmek, optimized by avain
- Nefertiti got a boob-job
- called a dentist and corrected Mobutu's Pink Flamingo(TM) teeth (also eyeshadow added)
- Henrique the Navigator's greeting text XML name corrected in Civ4DiplomacyInfos.xml

v3.0

- Achilleszero optimized the v2.01 LHs
- Akbar shadered by IgorS, optimized by avain
- added new Atatürk by Ekmek, optimized by avain
- added v2 Atotoztli by Ekmek, optimized by avain, also bg blurred
- Bush further optimized by avain
- added Charles V by The Capo, optimized by avain
- Cleopatra - improved hair and background by avain
- added new Dido by The Capo, optimized by avain
- added new Henrique the Navigator by Ekmek, The Capo, IgorS, optimized by avain
- Logan optimized a bit
- added new Meiji by Ekmek, optimized by avain
- added new Sundiata by Amra
- changed Cixi to Wu by Ekmek, optimized by avain
- added new Nebucnadnezzar (Den9510, Nitram15, The Capo?), optimized by avain

v2.01
- VD7.0 compatibility

v2.0
- optimized LHs: reduced some textures that were really, unnecessarily big; converted tga to dds(some smaller still remain) removed unused files, etc.
- corrected Obama LH
- added new Hitler LH (The Capo, Ekmek, Bernie14, The_Coyote, Smeagolheart, Chuggi)

v1.1
- added first contact text to all new leaders (authentic quote where available)
- added option to install as a stand-alone mod

v1.0
- initial version

Could I use this without VD? Is this playable on its own?

Could I use this without VD? Is this playable on its own?

It would need some minor modifications.

edit: but I've decided that I'll do it for you. Keep an eye on this thread, I'll upload a new version with a stand-alone install option.

The Mobutu LH has some problems, though, particularly with the glasses.

So anyway, which civs do Mobutu, Ho Chi Minh, and Idi Amin lead in this module? Did you add their respective civs or do they lead regular civs?

Top Bottom