[LH] Leonidas of Greece.

Aranor

Emperor
Leonidas I of Greece

Well here is some one who needs no introduction. Leonidas of Greece. I know there are several other Leonidas heads out there. But I felt that I needed something different to what other modders had done in my next release of Ionut's Civs so here he is!

Thanks to Ekmek for separating the Pericles Helmet for me.

Download

EDIT: Download updated with new Helmet texture. I'm afraid to lighten it any more without it looking too cartoony.

Creepy!:eek: (But fine. Pity you don't see much of his face; is that a lead helmet? It might be an odd Spartan habit...):D

And the other one you just posted... I forget his name... looks fine too!;)

Unless my eyes are playing tricks on me, nice job on the lighter helmet! You can distinguish between his hair and his helmet now. Excellent!

Thanks. Any Lighter and I would have to reskin from scratch the helmet. Not a fun job.:(

JEELEN said:
Creepy! (But fine. Pity you don't see much of his face; is that a lead helmet? It might be an odd Spartan habit...)

And the other one you just posted... I forget his name... looks fine too!

Ahhhh thanks, I think :confused: As for the other one, as you put it, ( Teres I think you must be referring too) Thanks :goodjob: :D

looks very nice. How did you end up sticking the helmet on? nifskope or sceneviewer? is there a way to put a shield on his back?

Alittle of both actually. I havent figured out how to add things in nifskope so I added the Helmet in sceneviewer. Then positioned and rotated it in nifskope.

I was thinking the same thing in regards to a shield. But didn't want to over do him and have him not look so great in the end.

JEELEN said:
That's the one, Teres of Thrace! BTW, great addition as a Leader (with a capital L), Leonidas is.

PS: You might wanna link your leaders tho, bro - not everyone can link as quick as I can.

Take a close look at my sig.:p

This looks so awesome that it actually makes me feel bad that there's no Leonidas in one of the official mods of the game already so I could put this in Extra :(.

This looks so awesome that it actually makes me feel bad that there's no Leonidas in one of the official mods of the game already so I could put this in Extra :(.

I use him as a leader for my Dorian Greece civ. But he would make an excellent 3rd leader for Greece.

BTW If you think this guy is good and haven't already you should check out Teres I or Amphianax

Hmm, well, the problem is I restricted my mod with the rule to not add any content that was never Firaxis' plan in the first place. Firaxis put a lot of classical leaders in (without decent, original leaderhead graphics) in the Rise of Rome, Peleponessian War and Alexander's Conquests mods but Leonidas I was never one of them. That's why I can't add him, sadly.

I have already downloaded Amphianax and will use him as Epaminondas (Theban General) in my mod :). He looks great too! And your Teres leaderhead.. hmm, I might use him for Pyrrhus (of Epirus).

I have already downloaded Amphianax and will use him as Epaminondas (Theban General) in my mod :). He looks great too! And your Teres leaderhead.. hmm, I might use him for Pyrrhus (of Epirus).

I am well aware of who Pyrrhus was, probably one of the greatest Hellenic generals after the death of Alexander. The Teres Leaderhead would probably be good for him. I think he would just need a slight re-texture of the skin and possibly some cheek guard on the Helmet.

You know... the technical work is very good...

But maybe I'm the only one to ask this question...

Why is he wearing a big bronze helmet while wearing a cloth tunic?

But maybe I'm the only one to ask this question...

Why is he wearing a big bronze helmet while wearing a cloth tunic?

Why not? :p But seriously. Traditionally at the time Leonidas lived men often fought nude with just their shield and helmet for protection. Thats why I have him wearing just his tunic and no armor (I am assuming that is what you were questioning?).

Top Bottom