1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

List of Avaliable Fantasy Units

Discussion in 'Civ5 - Unit Graphics' started by Murphy613, Feb 23, 2014.

1. Murphy613

Murphy613 Chieftain

Nutty uploaded a bunch of great units recently. I have added two of them, the Great Unclean One and Tyranid to the unit list in Post #1.
    Spoiler :

I'd like to publicly thank Bane for all his hard work on unit model creation/conversion. I have seen images of some of the units he's working on and they look awesome. Can someone please help him out (3 posts above this one) before he gives up and we lose one of the precious few Civ 5 unit guys we have?

P.S. Pazyzrk, when is Ea V3 coming out?

2. Civitar

Civitar Adventurer

3. Murphy613

Murphy613 Chieftain

Done. However, I've posted the link to the download page, not the thread. Do you want me to change that? (Also, I recommend posting a link to the thread on the download page.)
    The units look great. I especially like the black grifffon's red eyes. Thanks so much for taking the time to reskin them. :goodjob:
    I notice this is your first mod; do you intend to make others?

4. Pazyryk

Pazyryk Chieftain

Sometime in May I'm pretty sure. I could release it now but it is a bit too alpha-y, and I'm determined to finish off a few more spells that are really important. At least now I have all the units I need to make it "work", thanks to everyone's efforts here.

Since I'm posting here, I'll just add my current wish list. Any/all of these will be quickly added into the mod when they exist:

Skeleton
    Angel (the one at the bottom of this post would be great)

--below are needed to add Heldeofol as a playable race
    Goblin Archer and Marksman (2nd is an upgrade that could be a simple recolor)
    Goblin Scout and Tracker (as above)
    Orc Warrior
    Orc Light Infantry (available w/ Bronze Working; the orc axman would be fine)
    Orc Medium & Heavy Infantry (both iron-armored; 2nd just has more)
    Orc Immortal (available w/ Mithral Working; a shiny reskin of H. Inf. would work)
    An upgrade to the existing wolf rider (Wolf Rider -> Warg Rider; a reskin would work)

5. Civitar

Civitar Adventurer

No, that's fine. Thanks!
    You're welcome, I'm glad you like them. I think I should probably tell you that the reskins took about five minutes each. It's a LOT easier than converting Civ4 units.
    Definitely, I have a beautiful elf archer taken from Wolfdog's Fyrdwell and rigged to vanilla archer animations...that I currently cannot export to .br2 because of script errors or .fbx because of corruption.:mad: But once I straighten that out (and I've tripled the speed of my progress on that recently now that Ekmek's been helping out) you guys will have a new fantasy unit that I suspect will be more useful than these scattered monsters that only rarely appear. However, I can do reskins just fine and am going to make as many fantasy units out of those as I can. I'm working on a dire wolf now (it's not the big snarly wolf kind, but an undead one with exposed ribs and guts and all that).

Could you basically just add all my new units as soon as you notice them? Should save some space.

6. Murphy613

Murphy613 Chieftain

I'm glad to hear about the upcoming units, and a bit intrigued myself about reskining. It seems much simpler than unit conversion - how exactly is it done?
    I add any fantasy units as soon as I see them on the list; I was asleep when you uploaded the Griffon. Also, if you want to tell me something without using space you can PM me.

Edit - Just noticed Nutty's Angel Spearman in the database and added it to the OP.

7. Pazyryk

Pazyryk Chieftain

Totally minor suggestion: Maybe you should break out Orcs & Goblins as a separate category from Monsters. My reasoning is that they were a playable civ in FFH and will be in Éa and Warhammer (and maybe others). So we really need lines of units with upgrade paths for these. It's fine to lump all others (ogres, etc) together under monsters because they are most likely to be used as wandering monsters (or if in a playable civ, as a one-off unit without upgrade).

Edit: My ulterior motive is that unit artists/converters will be more likely to notice the gaps if these are by themselves in their own category.

Edit 2: By the way, I tested Devilerator's Zombie and it looks great! (although I intend to recolor the blue-jeans eventually...) Perhaps Undead is a reasonable category also since we have two units now.

8. Murphy613

Murphy613 Chieftain

All right, I'll do that. There's already an Angel and an Elf category with only 1 unit each.

9. Nutty

Nutty Chieftain

Re: reskinning, I recently made a quickie tutorial for Rob. Note the link to my teamcolor tutorial also. You can let me know if you have any questions.

10. Civitar

Civitar Adventurer

I did those Gryphons with four things: GIMP, Nexus Buddy, Deliverator's Griffon, and Nutty's tutorial that Rob requested. It's that easy. I wasn't kidding about the five minutes.:cool:

11. Greyborea

Greyborea Chieftain

Hi guys,

As I have not played Ea yet, awaiting for the third instalment before jumping in, I might be talking through my hat when mentioning the following list of units (humans) done by great people - please ignore if irrelevant:

Danrell’s global repository
    http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=465145

Longswordsmen
    http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=478349

Barbarians / Wildsmen
    http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=481094

Carthaginian Spearman
    http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=479560

Celtic Warrior (with sword and shield)
    http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=475971

Housecarls
    http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=393556

Knights
    http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=412782

12. Pazyryk

Pazyryk Chieftain

@Greyborea, thanks for the links!

If you (or anyone else) wants to help organized these units for Man and Sídhe, follow me over to the development thread here.

13. Civitar

Civitar Adventurer

A Warhammer-style Orc Axeman has been converted from Civ4 by yours truly, Murphy already updated the OP.

14. Civitar

Civitar Adventurer

Also a Chaos Marauder right here:
    Chaos Marauder (Warhammer).
    He's a human, not a daemon. I can't seem to find any Warhammer-themed daemons in the Civ4 Unit Forum, so if someone could direct me to one please?

15. Murphy613

Murphy613 Chieftain

Both units look great; thanks so much.:goodjob:
    Sorry I haven't ben posting/responding lately, I'm pretty busy these days.

16. Civitar

Civitar Adventurer

Uh, Murphy? Small gripe, but the Chaos Marauder is human. Believe me, if you'd seen some of his friends you wouldn't mistake him for a monster.
    Also I did two more units, the Kraken and the Elven Archer. I'll do one more fantasy unit, a mounted one - you can make requests - and then I will stop uploading for a while to work on Warhammer units that will not be released until either the mod comes out or I finish all units for a particular civ in which case I will upload a unit pack.

17. PawelS

PawelS Ancient Druid

Now when we have the vampire, skeleton and zombie, I think you should create an Undead category :)

18. Murphy613

Murphy613 Chieftain

I created the undead category and added 3 new fantastic units: Nomad or What's Goblin Warrior and Wolfrider, as well as Nutty's Rock Golem.

19. Rob (R8XFT)

Rob (R8XFT) Ancient Briton Super Moderator

20. Civitar

Civitar Adventurer

Nomad or What! Some good fantasy units coming out of there huh?
    And a sticky, now this thread may get some more attention and get us some more fantasy units!