1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

List of Avaliable Fantasy Units

Discussion in 'Civ5 - Unit Graphics' started by Murphy613, Feb 23, 2014.

1. Pazyryk

Pazyryk Chieftain

@Murphy613, Are any of the undead likely to be out soon? [Edit: I mean the zombie or diseased corpse.] I was hoping to add one in my mod before release next weekend...

2. Murphy613

Murphy613 Chieftain

I don't know about the Diseased Corpse but Delevirator said his Zombie should work.

3. Civitar

Civitar Adventurer

Do any of you know how to reskin a unit to make parts of it transparent (not teamcolor transparent)? I thought I could perhaps reskin the zombie a couple of times to make variants missing a head or arm.

4. Murphy613

Murphy613 Chieftain

You can just delete those parts.

5. Civitar

Civitar Adventurer

I am a total noob when it comes to 3D (and 2D occasionally). Did you mean delete those parts of the zombie model in Blender or delete those parts of the dds texture file?

6. Murphy613

Murphy613 Chieftain

You can delete parts of the Zombie model. You have to select a certain vertex and then delete it. I don't know how to select specific vertexes though, which is my main issue with converting units - that, and the fact that lots of fantasy units act up.

7. Nutty

Nutty Chieftain

That part's easy: In Edit Mode, hit Ctrl+Tab and select Vertices (there's also a button on the Edit Mode toolbar), and make your selection by clicking with the right mouse button. [And with the shift button held down, you can add additional elements to the selection. Click again to deselect.] Blender 2.4 Manual: Selecting Basics and Selectable Elements.

8. Pazyryk

Pazyryk Chieftain

Ah! I didn't notice that he attached something to that post. Thanks for pointing that out for me! (There will now be zombie hoards in Éa III!)

9. Greyborea

Greyborea Chieftain

Hoards or hordes ;) ?

10. Civitar

Civitar Adventurer

I vote both: hordes of zombies in mods and a hoard of zombie models on CivFanatics.

:D

11. Craig_Sutter

Craig_Sutter Chieftain

A zombie resource would be cool... 2 zombies or 4 zombies ala horse herds...

12. Craig_Sutter

Craig_Sutter Chieftain

Oops, thought someone said "herds" of zombies...

13. Civitar

Civitar Adventurer

That would be the LEAST happiness improving resource EVER.
    :rotfl:

14. Greyborea

Greyborea Chieftain

15. Murphy613

Murphy613 Chieftain

In the Civ 4 Download Database, there are Goblin units and Orc units (as well as Lizardmen and Urak-Hai, but that's not so important now), which, to my knowledge, are different names for the same thing. I want the Civ 5 Database to be a bit more organized, so what will we call these types of guys?

Shall we call them Goblins or Orcs? (Personally, I'm leaning towards Goblins here, but I want to build a consensus, especially among people who might be uploading Goblins/Orcs.) Also, if we decide on Orcs, will the guy in the middle of the image above be an Orc Archer, or an Orcish Archer. Please explain your answers.

16. Murphy613

Murphy613 Chieftain

I think I lose all my vertex groups when I load import a unit into Blender after exporting him from Nifskope as an obj. This is my Goblin Archer (the middle guy in the image above) in NifSkope:
    Spoiler :
    As you can see, he has vertex groups.
    He here is, exported into Blender .via obj:
    Spoiler :
    As you can see, he has no vertexes. Also, he looks nothing like the Archer in the above screenshot. Lastly, I cannot get his quiver onto his back bec. I don't know how to turn units around in Blender, and this list of Blender Hotkeys in the tutorial doesn't help with that:
    Here is the zipped Archer file (from Civ 4, don't use this in a mod, people) if it helps:

Attached Files:

17. Pazyryk

Pazyryk Chieftain

The little guys with big noses are goblins. The bigger ones are orcs. So then you have Goblin Archers, Orc Archers, Orc Crossbowmen, etc. The settlers are a mix, so call them "Orc & Goblin Settlers". As a group, call them "Orcs & Goblins". (Modders can rename to suit their own purposes, but those are pretty "standard".)

Thanks again for all your effort on this. Wish I could help with the graphics...

18. bane_

bane_ Howardianism High-Priest

Anyone knows how to import .ska to Milkshape?
    Or any other software for that matter, I just need it to be able to export to .nif or .kf.
    ----
    Also, when I export to .br2 I get an error saying the object has no name. It says something about 'obparent' but I followed the instructions from Deliverator's thread at risk, specially the part where I have to make it a parent.
    I'm a total noob in this, so if I said something nonsense, credit it to that. :p

*big image*
    Spoiler :

I already tried removing the cube but no success.

19. Deliverator

Deliverator Graphical Hackificator

Importing from obj will not import vertex groups. It doesn't support skeletons or vertex groups. If you use this technique then the bone weight copy is best as it can be used to copy the vertex groups of a Civ 5 mesh to an imported Civ 4 one.

Obj import will often reposition elements from custom Civ 4 units. This is because the internal structure if these NIF files is often very messy.

To rotate a unit in Blender you need to tab into edit mode, then use right click or Ctrl lasso select to select then you can use the rotate selection commons from the shortcuts you posted.

20. bane_

bane_ Howardianism High-Priest