LK124, Persia, Monarchy, standard Great Plains, Epic speed.

Got it.. I'll have a look at the save, and play tomorrow morning.

My goals for this TS are to boost military, improve the new cities, build roads, and get more info on our neighbors. It is 700BC.

I decided to throw a party celebrating the laying of the foundation for the Great Library, and a few of the neighbors come to visit. The nicest was HC, who spread his ridiculous stories of some being who you can never see or hear, but apparently controls the universe! In reality, I just want his corn, so after signing open borders, and I tell him I can probably find a spare cow or two lying around somewhere, and let him send his crazy Jewish actors way up to Arbela, where everyone has industrial deafness from the mines anyway, so they shouldn't cause to much trouble.

That zany bickering odd couple, Monty and Asoka, both want me to go to their house next week to play, but don't they know we are Persian, and only play with horses? I tell them if they get a polo team together, I might think about it, and besides, this library business is far more exciting.

Last but not least is that snivelling rat Qin who wanted a freeby (he didn't even bring a gift), even tho everyone knows he is the richest man in the world. What a tightwad!

Soon enough some of our scientists put on some robes and claim they have discovered Priesthood. I have never cared for this sort of playacting, so when they have been exiled to Arbela, I get the remainder onto more earthly matters - mathematics and construction. Apart from the health benefits, I am told that the construction of large machines of war will be possible.. perhaps we can teach Qin what it is like to be truly poor.

Some of the more adventurous of our family have sent home some postcards.
Asoka takes out some barbs

No wonder Asoka is upset

Alex is just going to get himself into trouble, here

continues next post...

...continued

Information and thoughts:

I thought hard about joining Monty against Asoka, but I wasn't convinced we were ready at that stage, and also I think Qin is a better target:
1. He is way up on gnp, so taking him on would be financially rewarding

2. He is average on production (and we aren't :cool:)

3. We are above him on power

4. His closest city to us, just SW of Pasa, is the Confusion holy city.

5. On riding thru his lands, most cities were guarded by 2 archers, and there were a few chariots around.. no sign of axes yet.

I don't have a screenie, but we have something like 6 swords, 5 axes, 3 spear, 3 immortal, 3 archers, and warriors. Also a settler just popped, and here are two screenshots where they could go:

On a hill in the gap (notice Asoka planted another city)

Where Asokas city used to be (Monty razed it)

Lastly, I didn't make any tech trades, we are still up alphabet and math, but could only trade for monotheism and monarchy.

View attachment 143171

Summary:

Planned national wonders:
Heroic Epic -
Globe Theater -
Wall Street -
Oxford -
Forbidden Palace -
National Epic -
Iron Works -

==============

If we can grab it, I prefer the desert on the lake location for another city. I can't comment too much, as I wasn't thinking about any more cities. I was planning to stop at five and work on getting them good.
No matter what, I don't think we need more settlers at this point.

I am in no rush for a war at the moment, but I agree Qin is the target.

Signed up:
LKendter
Strauss (skipped, past 24 hours, status unknown)
Sweetacshon
DarthCycle (currently playing)
Sanabas (on deck)

Our win target is open for debate.

Remember 15 peace / 10 war turns per round. STRICT 24 hours got it, total 48 hours to complete.

Good job team, I see a new term has come for our administration. We will see what can be done tonight.

In regards to a location for our settler, the spot north of Bombay by the river looks nice; plenty of ressources.

What's our stand on religion? Did we research any tech yet? Are we aiming to found our own (unlikely if you ask me)? Religion does have its perks, there are some nice civic to use and happiness to gain in our cities.

In regards to a location for our settler, the spot north of Bombay by the river looks nice; plenty of resources.
I don't like that spot as much, as the AI *will* build a city between that site and our homeland. We are down to 50% science, and we really can't afford 2 more cities until courts and / or currency.

What's our stand on religion? Did we research any tech yet? Are we aiming to found our own (unlikely if you ask me)? Religion does have its perks, there are some nice civic to use and happiness to gain in our cities.
I haven't been in a rush to have a religion. Until our power graph looks good, I don't want a reason for the AI to hate us.

You don't sound happy about it, LK. The settler was just to fill the gap, grab the wheat, and add some production, but now that that NE spot is available, we might actually have somewhere that can be cottaged.

turn 1-430 BC - our settler is going toward our agreed spot: the desert by the lake, east of Tartar. Too late now for the river location sweetachshon :(

turn 8-340 BC - our two unit centers are pumping unit regularly. I take a pause in that role to build some library. we'll need the research and culture output globally.

turn 9-325 BC - Alexander has declared war on Saladin. Woah! These two really don't like each other.

turn 10-295 BC - One of our mounted scout (immortal) was promoted to veteran (combat I) and successfully attacked a barb archer unit (now combat II).

turn 11-280 BC - Pasargade, our southern most city has completed its library. Its task is now switched to a confucian monastery. The culture bonus will help stabilize the cultural front

turn 12-265 BC - our capital has just completed the GL. Wouhou! Research galore! Our next project is now national epic.

turn 14-235 BC - our eastern scout immortal has found a hut guarded by an archer. He successfully destroyed the annoying archer but a warrior barb was spawned. We retreat our unit so we can promote and heal.
BC-235 spawned barb warrior.JPG
turn 15-220 BC - our administration term is now at an end.

A few short term recommandation:
1) Our economy is hurting. Perhaps we should consider our next research priority to be currency (market building) then code of law (courthouse building)
2) Our current civics are terrible. We need to also address this asap!
BC-220  civics.JPG
With the current state of our economy, we cannot really envison the invasion of Qin since we won't be able to absorb their cities in our economy. So perhaps continue a unit buildup, especially with catapults, but we need to boost our economy prior to the invasion. Markets would really help. We're also down to 40% research now.
View attachment 143217

Summary:

Heroic Epic -
Globe Theater -
Wall Street -
Oxford -
Forbidden Palace -
National Epic - Marginally Persepolis, as hate those artist points.
Iron Works -

==============

I agree we need courts, then currency. I am not sure if the diversion to construction was worth it, as we are already paying unit cost. We need to be able to produce buildings at the moment. I would also put Monarchy high in the research path, as we have 3 wines tiles inside our city borders. The plus 1 food makes those wineries valuable on this map.

OTOH 6 cities, and 5 workers is bad news. We need more workers. We need to figure out where to build some cottages, or we will never get a decent economy.

Signed up:
LKendter (on deck)
Strauss (skipped, past 24 hours, heading toward dropped)
Sweetacshon
DarthCycle
Sanabas (currently playing)

Remember 15 peace / 10 war turns per round. STRICT 24 hours got it, total 48 hours to complete.

Granted, construction was probably a poor choice right now, but it'll come in handy. Definately courts, monarchy, and currency. We can trade for monarchy, but was anything else useful available for trade?

OK, it seems that we've left units unpromoted until we work out what they'll be doing, so I have done the same.

220BC: all good

205BC: Tartar spear --> worker

190BC: Research Construction -->Code of Laws
Susa Library --> Worker
Trade Construction to the Inca for Monarchy + 100 gold, turn up the research rate.
Immortal kills a barb archer in the south

175: zzz

160: Pasargardae confucian monastery --> worker

145BC: Tartar worker --> catapult. We can build the Pyramids in 14 turns in Tartar, I thought about starting it and decided to stick to the military buildup.

130BC: Pillage barb horses by Khoisan for 7 gold, the aztecs have a stack next to Khoisan, if they cripple it, I will walk in and raze for the cash.

115BC: Susa worker --> sword
Tartar catapult --> catapult
Aztecs capture Khoisan
Southern Immortal kills off another barb archer, and reaches 10XP, which means we can now build heroic epic somewhere. Tartar is probably the best location, with its 4 cows, and lots of plains.

100BC: Immortal gets combat 3

85BC: Parthenon built in a far away land
IBT: 3 barb archers attack our eastern immortal, near Illinois. It defeats two, but dies to the 3rd one.

70BC: Pasargardae worker --> catapult
Tartar catapult --> catapult
Arbela Library --> worker
Susa sword --> Catapult

Our military is better, we just need to work out who the first target is. There are trades available, for monotheism and horseback riding. Currency, Code of Laws and I think Fuedalism are out there but not available for trade yet, and we still have an alphabet monopoly. Worker situation is marginally better, but we still need more. The wines are being hooked up at the moment.

http://forums.civfanatics.com/uploads/53201/LK124_BC-0070.Civ4SavedGame

Summary:

Let's talk before starting them.

Heroic Epic -
Globe Theater -
Wall Street -
Oxford -
Forbidden Palace -
National Epic - Marginally Persepolis, as hate those artist points.
Iron Works -

==============

Signed up:
LKendter (currently playing)
Strauss (dropped, no sign of participating)
Sweetacshon (on deck)
DarthCycle
Sanabas

http://forums.civfanatics.com/uploads/1898/LK124_AD-0200.zip

70 BC
We are about to lose control of the horses in the south. We are at a lousy 51%. I swap Pasargadae to temple for more cultural ASAP.

55 BC
(IT) I agree Tartar is the natural choice for the Heroic Epic. It has 23 natural shields already, and little income to tempt us to divert to economy buildings.
Greece founds Christianity.

25 BC
(IT) Code of Laws completes, and I go for currency next.

5 AD
Since China has founded Taoism, using the scientist for a tech isn't that appealing. I build an academy in the capitol. It gains us 10 beakers a turn.

65 AD
(IT) Silly China thinks we want to get horseback riding.

80 AD
(IT) Now Greece offers the same silly horseback riding trade.
I suspect all I will do is get some cash, but I start the Pyramids in Persepolis.

95 AD
(IT) Last place Saladin wants us to turn on Greece. Need I even say my answer?
Everyone wants to give us horseback riding.

170AD
(IT) Currency comes in and we are up to 50% research. Since we gain +3 happy people with every forge, I start research on metal casting.

185AD
I get calendar from dying Saladin for currency. His price for horseback riding is two techs, so I pass.
I get horseback riding and $150 from Greece for Code of Laws.

=======================

Summary:

Heroic Epic - Tartar
Globe Theater -
Wall Street -
Oxford -
Forbidden Palace -
National Epic - Persepolis
Iron Works -

==============

The economy is improving. We need more courts, and markets in cities with decent income. Tartar can go on major military after finishing the court.

Signed up:
LKendter
Strauss (dropped, no sign of participating)
Sweetacshon (currently playing)
DarthCycle (on deck)
Sanabas

Our win target is open for debate. No matter what we need to take out at least on Civ. With China building the Confucian shrine, you know what civ has attracted my attention.

Should we then start a military buildup (swordsman and catapult) in the cities close to China? South west if I recall correctly.

Also, will we attack with one (massive) stack or two? If two, we're will the second front of attack be?

Should we then start a military buildup (swordsman and catapult) in the cities close to China? South west if I recall correctly.
Once Tartar completes the courthouse, it will be on permanent military duty. Some of the other cities will go that way once we get the needed buildings done.

I am not ready for a war yet, as I don't feel we have an economy to add mores cities at the moment. We really need all of the courts completed, and at least some markets. Not to mention some maturing cottages and the wines for income.

We may also want to start to spread Confucianism anticipating getting the shrine. That is the prize that has me so interested in China. We don't need a prophet - the shrine is finished. :)

Also, will we attack with one (massive) stack or two? If two, we're will the second front of attack be?
I think two, as we need to capture the edge starting with the city south of the silver.

Signed up:
LKendter
Open slot, looking to a standby
Sweetacshon (skipped, overdue and needs to reconfirm.
Sanabas (on deck)

Our win target is open for debate. No matter what we need to take out at least on Civ. With China building the Confucian shrine, you know what civ has attracted my attention.

I am away from home for another 18 hrs or so, so play on Darth, if you are ready.

Heroic Epic - Tartar
Globe Theater -
Wall Street -
Oxford -
Forbidden Palace -
National Epic - Persepolis
Iron Works -

==============

Signed up:
LKendter
Sweetacshon
Sanabas (on deck)

The last turn was Nov 30. It is now Dec 3. Are we going to get a got it soon? I really don't want to skip to Sanabas and put DarthCycle as MIA.

Top Bottom