Lost my religious founding stars

Chillingworth

Chieftain
Is it normal to lose lose religious founding stars? I founded Buddhism in Rome and Confuciasm in Cumae but they don't have the star indicating a holy city with the religious symbol. Also Confuciiasm is my state religion and it appears that there are some cities in Cyrus's turquoise area that have confucism but that I cannot see their city garrison and tiles? How does that work? Posting the save game file if I can

EDIT:: Took out the SaveGame File. I evidently used WorldBuilder too much and inadvertently deleted the Holy Cities or something. Be Careful with WorldBuilder!!

The 'holy city' stars are tiny little things added to the religion-present icon on the city label: have you actually seen them and now lost them (in which case goodness knows what has gone wrong) ? As for your line-of-sight to other civ's cities with your religion, you need (a) the shrine for that religion, which can only be built by a Great Prophet and in the holy city, and (b) you must be running a religious civic which permits a state religion; Free Religion, for example, loses you your LoS.

Actually, for line of sight, all you need is to have it as your state religion. I will take a look at the save game.

Spearthrower said:
Actually, for line of sight, all you need is to have it as your state religion. I will take a look at the save game.
Yes, that is what the manual says. But I have tried it, and found the shrine to be necessary.

Looking at the Religious advisor, you can see that there is no Holy City for Buddhism, Judaism or Confucianism. Under other circumstances, I would guess that these Holy Cities had been razed.

The reason you can't see into Cyrus' cities is because you don't have the Holy City for Confucianism.

The cause of this is not clear. Either a) You played about in World Builder and accidentally removed those Holy Cities or b) There's a bug there that I have never seen myself or read about on any forums.

If it's not World Builder then you may have some slightly screwy mods which have caused a problem. For this game, you could go into World Builder and reset the Holy Cities accordingly, or switch to Daoism and convert the rest of your cities.

Bushface said:
Yes, that is what the manual says. But I have tried it, and found the shrine to be necessary.

That's odd. I don't need a shrine in my game, I just need to be running the appropriate state religion. Generally, long before I get a Shrine I can see other civs cities with my state religion where I have the Holy City.

Well, I have used WorldBuilder a few times in this game but I didn't use it to found Confuciasm in Cumae or Buddhism in Rome. And I even never used the city editor in those cities. I didn't know there was a way to set holy cities in WorldBuilder but I will go back in ther now and figure it out. Thanks for the comments.

Chillingworth said:
Well, I have used WorldBuilder a few times in this game but I didn't use it to found Confuciasm in Cumae or Buddhism in Rome. And I even never used the city editor in those cities. I didn't know there was a way to set holy cities in WorldBuilder but I will go back in ther now and figure it out. Thanks for the comments.

Ahh no, I didn't mean that you founded them using the WorldBuilder, just that you may have made a few misclicks in there.... it happens! :)

If you want to rebuild your holy cities, go into city edit and choose your city, look at the bottom of the tab and you will see 2 symbols for each of the religions, the bottom symbol is the Holy City.

Top Bottom