Lost Notes of Young Mansa Musa

The story telling can only be of our benefit. Some will underestimate our gaming skills, thinking we roleplay instead of play the game to its best extent (and an enemy who is underestimating you gives you advantage), some facts we can exaggerate or twist a bit and some teams will believe what we want them to believe. I look at it like a tool for propaganda. :) Some may even feel sympathy about us storytelling - Poly and Uciv. Of course everything must be measured and thinked twice and triple before posted.

The story telling can only be of our benefit. Some will underestimate our gaming skills, thinking we roleplay instead of play the game to its best extent (and an enemy who is underestimating you gives you advantage), some facts we can exaggerate or twist a bit and some teams will believe what we want them to believe. I look at it like a tool for propaganda. :) Some may even feel sympathy about us storytelling - Poly and Uciv. Of course everything must be measured and thinked twice and triple before posted.

After hearing from you guys I am almost convinced that RB is a bunch of paranoid loonies that take everything way too seriously. (Adding the fact that one of their members just left one of the games I played, whining like a little girl after missing a turn). But you should be careful with the paranoid people... they may carry large sticks!

No, I haven't seen any complaints at all about the story thread. I think cav scout is probably right.

Maybe it's a good time to kill off mama Indira and let the world know the name of our glorious capital.

Yeah... I got a great idea for an another character too!

Alright, I'm excited to discover the new character!

I really like the feud we've developed with RB, but this is because I view CFC and RB as the two best Civ sites out there. They've got their loonies, for sure, but also their honorable, trusting and respectful players, too. They definitely view themselves as the best civ players, though, so I'm looking forward to beating them in this game!

I really like the feud we've developed with RB, but this is because I view CFC and RB as the two best Civ sites out there.
This.
They've got their loonies, for sure, but also their honorable, trusting and respectful players, too.
This!

and especially this:

They definitely view themselves as the best civ players, though, so I'm looking forward to beating them in this game!
:thumbsup:

Leaving my poor mother in the house of healing I had to pass the Training Pit of the village. The screams of agony and pain filled the thick air and triggered my curiosity. Who could be training forces which the Pit Master being deadly ill? As I approached the Pit, I had to laugh of the poor bloke trying to dodge rapid hits over and over again by a fearless woman.

Slightly bleaker skin and a head higher than most of the women I knew, Lady Aivo made a formidable threat both in diplomacy as in the battlefield. We stumbled upon her hut while searching for remedies in the swamps nine summers ago, before settling down. Lady Aivo seems to know lots of natural remedies, but being a hermit for ages has made her a deadly fighter. Lady Aivo rarely teaches in anything but healing, but it seems that father had her ordered to revive other practices.

I watched for a good time, with a growing fear that this aspirant would pass out before even manage one single blow. His knees seems to be close to breaking point too.
As the trainee warrior collapsed, his club almost splintered and being repeatedly beaten by a woman wielding a spiked knotted rope.
"Even my unborn children fight better than that, Parkin. Have you considered leaving the path of warriors?" Lady Aivo reached for the nearly unconscious aspirant and started applying linen and herbs to the brutally maimed areas on his body. Noticing my presence, the Lady shouted out: "Mansa, could you notice Master Turso that we may have an another candidate for the mines?"

I could not agree more on that decision.

Yeah that's definitely a funny one. I'm hesitant to post something like that though. As much as I love the competition between us and RB, I don't think we should be trying to insult them publicly, yet. If they become our enemies in game first, then I'd be all for including it in the stories. I fear that including insults against them or their players in these stories will make it more difficult to work with them if the need arises, because they will draw the assumption that we're hostile. They've kept quiet about us since the rules discussion ended, I don't think we should be the first to break that. Even if working with RB is a lost cause to begin with, we don't want to look petty to the other teams.

I agree with Grant. Lets stay neutral right now in regard to other teams.

Arkipeller, that story is hilarious. These journal entries have been great, I'm very impressed.

We're not actually poking fun at RB here, we're poking fun at CFC members who have jumped ship for this game. Unfortunately, that won't come across to the other teams, so we probably shouldn't post this as is. I know this completely changes the tone of the story, but what if Thunderfall or Ainwood is in the training pit, and Lady Aivo is impressed with the skills displayed. When/if we decide to introduce our Workers in the future, it might be fun to portray them as loyal tribesmen willing to sacrifice for the sake of improving our land.

Or, we can leave the story the same and just take out Parkin's name. It loses some of the flavor that way, though.

Ah I had been wondering how to announce our naming scheme to the larger community. I think mentioning Thunderfall and Ainwood is a great idea! :) (especially if we time our announcement on the same turn our third warrior is produced just to confuse the rival demohackers ;) )

I watched for a good time, with a growing fear that this aspirant would pass out before even manage one single blow. His knees seems to be close to breaking point too.
As the trainee warrior collapsed, his club almost splintered and being repeatedly beaten by a woman wielding a spiked knotted rope. I've seen even warriors Ainwood and Thunderfall taken bruises under our regular training, but this one revealed bumps on places I've did not know was able to bleed nor change color.
"Even my unborn children fight better than that! Have you considered leaving the path of warriors?" Lady Aivo reached for the nearly unconscious aspirant and started applying linen and herbs to the brutally maimed areas on his body. Noticing my presence, the Lady shouted out: "Mansa, could you notice Master Turso that we may have an another candidate for the mines? I don't remember his name right now, but it starts on Pa...something something."

I could not agree more on that decision.

:lol: Better?

Ah cool! Great revision, that accomplishes quite a few things. I hope we'll start to see more contributions from the other teams as well.

Tales from Realms Beyond Egypt

Goldilocks noticed something among the trees...

And Goldilocks did what any other sane warrior would do.

:lol: I guess RB learned their lesson after losing their first warrior! I'll update the spreadsheet now that we know the name of their mighty Goldilocks Warrior.

Although, maybe we should take that clip to heart next time we encounter a savage beast in the wild...

Also, I'm glad to see other teams participating in the story thread.

:lol: I guess RB learned their lesson after losing their first warrior! I'll update the spreadsheet now that we know the name of their mighty Goldilocks Warrior.

Although, maybe we should take that clip to heart next time we encounter a savage beast in the wild...

Also, I'm glad to see other teams participating in the story thread.

:lol:

There has been many cold nights lately. Strange lurvy fourlegged creatures has been watching us from afar. Their eyes always shimmer in the moonlighted sky. One of the young has heard Lady Aivo talking about these creatures, calling them "woolfs", or so the young told me.

Last night we managed to count them while crossing an open field of flowers and herbs. Eight mangy half-starved animals, some barely adults and one great pack leader. Having no encounters for a long time, it seemed that these "woolfs" would be a great opportunity to train our young in open field combat. Seeing our losses after the battle made me reconsider if I want to continue to train in open fields. 4 hurt youngsters and the one that knew about the "woolfs" ripped apart to nearly nothing, his head was totally unrecognizable, so instead of dragging his tiny body to camp we buried him in leaves by a lonesome tree.

I really hope lady Aivo will appreciate our catch of "woolfs". I heard her house is full of weird animalistic skins. I let the young Padma taking care of transporting skins back to camp. It would be a good test of strenght.

I guess that entry is ok, since no comments is written

Top Bottom