1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[GS] Māori Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by bite, Dec 4, 2018.

1. UWHabs

UWHabs Deity

Oasis: 3f/1g
    Petra: 2f/1p/2g
    Uluru: 2c/2f
    Marae: 2c/2f

So total would be 5 food, 1 production, 3 gold, 4 culture, 4 faith. Yeah, not bad. Although I'm sure there's going to be some other pretty special tiles. Like, the triple yield tile of Roraima, with a grass/hill/jungle/diamond tile, you'd get:
    grass hill: 2fo/1p
    diamond: 3g/2f/4p (with Ruhr+mine and religious idols pantheon)
    jungle: 1fo/2p (with bonus+conservation bonus as listed)
    Roraima: 3s/3fa
    Chichen Itza: 2c/1p
    Marae: 2c/2fa
    So total would be 3fo/8p/3g/3s/7fa/4c
    Did I get everything from this? Oh yeah, plus a couple tourism points...

WillowBrook, MrRadar and Harlequeen like this.
  2. criZp

criZp Emperor

I really hope not. Ocean access at shipbuilding is a fun ability, and works well with norway's other abilities.

3. Ivan Hunger

Ivan Hunger Prince

Is Norway really as outclassed as everyone keeps saying? They can still embark and disembark for free, and their boats can still heal anywhere, so it seems like they're they're still the best civ in the game for capturing coastal cities.

King William I, Siptah and nzcamel like this.
  4. criZp

criZp Emperor

I don't understand why maoris can't get writers. That just seem like a pointless limitation. Not being able to harvest is something I don't do anyways so whatever, but no writers just lock them out of culture victory for seemingly no reason.

5. Naktis

Naktis Warlord

He looks great , a lot cool move animations too. But for me this civ does not look that great , mediocre.

And.......another half naked MEN joins the team..

6. nzcamel

nzcamel Nahtanoj the Magnificent

Based on your logic Civ's should all be designed around what you like or don't like doing? :mischief:

7. criZp

criZp Emperor

Norway might get autobuffed when sea trade becomes better than land trade. Being a sea nation will become better that way.

I would not really mind that, to be honest. Would be fun.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 4, 2018
  8. Ivan Hunger

Ivan Hunger Prince

At least theoretically, the culture and tourism they get from features should make up for the lack of culture and tourism from great works of writing.

9. UWHabs

UWHabs Deity

Yeah, 2 tourism per feature when they to flight could be an awful lot of tourism depending on how their land looks.

Alexander's Hetaroi and Siptah like this.
  10. SupremacyKing2

SupremacyKing2 Deity

Civ6 definitely needs more sexy female leaders for us straight guys.

agonistes, Leathaface, qadams and 2 others like this.
  11. nzcamel

And from flight.

12. ChocolateShake

ChocolateShake Prince

I think free embark/disembark is good, but the Maori are just so much better at the ocean traversing with the free techs that I think Norway has to have that bonus change somehow. But I suppose they might stay the same.

I wonder about the bonus the Maori get until they settle, if there could be creative uses for that. But I doubt it, seems like just enough to not fall behind from settling too late.

13. MrRadar

MrRadar King

My guess is Maori builders will only have ‘harvest’ function disabled, leaving them ‘remove feature’ button and ability to build over bonus when respective tech is reached, but you never know where FXS programmer may decide to poke :)

14. Negan

Negan Chieftain

Does anyone think the Maori will get their own unit style ? I don’t think they showed off any units except settlers, their unique and builders in the FL.

15. Pietato

Pietato Emperor

One key problem with cultural victories is your tourism does not start counting until you actually find a civ. The Maori should be able to negate this with their ocean travel.

16. nzcamel

It's possible they could use the same units style as they give to the Aborigines; though the two are very different. Polynesians look even less than Aborigines like any existing Civ.

17. Dark_Jedi06

Dark_Jedi06 "Deus ex Machina."

At first, I was sure Hungary was gonna be the first Civ I played...then I saw the Maori and they're definitely going to be the first Civ I play.

I hope this trend continues with the rest of the reveals. :mischief:;)

18. Trav'ling Canuck

Trav'ling Canuck Deity

We'd be natural enemies over rugby in real life, too, if the All Blacks would stop beating us all the time. :wallbash:

It's what we get for letting so many of our kids play the Canadian version of American football (which should perhaps be called McGill football instead of American football, considering the influence of Canada's McGill University on the evolution of rugby into the games now played by the U.S.'s NFL and Canada's CFL).

CivLuvah, tedhebert and nzcamel like this.
  19. leandrombraz

leandrombraz King

Early tourism doesn't matter that much anyway, then you get tourism from tiles with passable feature when it matter (near computers), which make up for the lack of great writers. The fact that you're not competing for great writers will hurt you more than the fact that you're not getting it, since if you're not getting great writers others are, which mean they will have more culture.

I'll definitely try a cultural as Maori

20. Disgustipated

Disgustipated Deity

I've stacked combat units over non combat units plenty of times.

Didn't someone prove (Victoria perhaps?) that your initial settler cannot be captured by barbarians? Though that may only apply to the human player, not the AI. We shall see. This only applies to yours starting settler of course.