Mac Version Accidentally Nuked in Release

Status
Not open for further replies.

bbbt

Deity
I know there's a Mac forum, but this is more of a 'get Firaxis's attention' post, as I don't have twitter (anyone who does want to tweet them at them?).

It looks like the go-live of the Fall patch is causing Mac versions download and revert to the Vanilla version. If Firaxis didn't plan on releasing a mac patch today (which is likely given the lack of anything on Aspyr's side), fix the steam set-up please!

BUMP TIMES INFINITY

Absolutely correct. Crashes when I try to load my current game and trying to start a new game shows newer leaders are missing.

Looks like Aspyr knows about it, because on Twitter they just replied to someone who told them about the issue.

Aspyr said in response to the issue: "Hit up our support team directly to let them know if this is affecting the App Store or Steam version".

I just started Steam again, after about a 15 minute hiatus, and now I'm getting a new big download, 2.8 GB. Maybe it's a do-over?

Wheb I launched civ, dlc civs were disabled from addutional content menu inside the game. Just enable them.

Now it's the spring patch version, missing the Nubia/summer patch updates.

Sounds about right. I can't enable Nubia or load my saved Nubia game.

Now it's the spring patch version, missing the Nubia/summer patch updates.
Hahahah! Really??

Aspyr said on Twitter regarding the issue: "Issue is a depot error. Verify your game cache integrity through Steam and you'll be good to go!"

The user who told them about the issue said it worked. But they also asked whether the update was just the patch, and whether the DLC would come later. So I'm assuming it's just the patch right now.

Since the game is updating for me right now I'm assuming it's to bring the spring patch version as bbbt said... they'll probably update it again to bring the actual latest version soon without the need to verify game cache integrity or whatever.

Hahahah! Really??

Aspyr said on Twitter regarding the issue: "Issue is a depot error. Verify your game cache integrity through Steam and you'll be good to go!"

The user who told them about the issue said it worked. But they also asked whether the update was just the patch, and whether the DLC would come later. So I'm assuming it's just the patch right now.

Since the game is updating for me right now I'm assuming it's to bring the spring patch version as bbbt said... they'll probably update it again to bring the actual latest version soon without the need to verify game cache integrity or whatever.

I've deleted and I'm re-downloading the entire game to double check.

I doubt it's the patch or the DLC. I think someone just messed up when putting the Windows version live.

Nope, definitely still the pre-Nubia version for me (after a complete redownload). This is ridiculous. Firaxis, someone in your art department must have a mac, check your stuff. Aspyr - don't just believe what Firaxis tells you over IM.

Nope, definitely still the pre-Nubia version for me (after a complete redownload). This is ridiculous. Firaxis, someone in your art department must have a mac, check your stuff. Aspyr - don't just believe what Firaxis tells you over IM.
Aspyr is entirely to blame here, I think. Those guys are useless. Firaxis should sack them asap.

Aspyr is entirely to blame here, I think. Those guys are useless. Firaxis should sack them asap.

I'd actually guess the opposite - I don't think Aspyr had anything to do with the release today (I don't think a Mac patch was supposed to go live today), and someone from Firaxis messed up when putting the PC version live.

I purchased the DLC today (I'll slap myself later) from Nubia and the newest one. This was on Steam. The Nubia one showed Windows and Apple logos, but the newest one only showed a Windows logo. So, I would assume nothing was supposed to happen with Apple today or it would have had both logos.

EDIT: I'm a windows user so it didn't matter to me at the time....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom