MadDjinn Franco-Iberia Playthrough

I am amazed at how Maddjinn has almost no military units whatsover and is still alive for so long.

Something important I have been taught by Mad Djinn: get the damned tech that makes your workers immune to miasma for crying out loud or watch your workers die constantly when you forget to micromanage them.

Another thing: once you get the supremacy points to get orbital coverage from Firaxite, you can find it on the map using the orbital coverage.

If you've played BNW it's not actually very surprising if AI aggressiveness is similar.

I must have had a lot of bad luck then because when I've played BNW, the AI has frequently DoW me if my military was too weak.

Some AI are more aggressive like Bismark that can DoW you on T50 but I've played some BNW game on deity where I made 1 archer all game long.

So far what Madjinn shows just feel a lot like BNW to me. I'd wish the AI was more aggressive though actually.

Some AI are more aggressive like Bismark that can DoW you on T50 but I've played some BNW game on deity where I made 1 archer all game long.

So far what Madjinn shows just feel a lot like BNW to me. I'd wish the AI was more aggressive though actually.

I do think the AI should be more aggressive too, especially since he is playing "deity".

Although, Maddjinn did have an alliance with KP that had cities between him and PAC which created a neat buffer zone to protect him. But at the end of this stream, PAC DoW anyway but couldn't really hurt him because KP was in the way.

Something important I have been taught by Mad Djinn: get the damned tech that makes your workers immune to miasma for crying out loud or watch your workers die constantly when you forget to micromanage them.

I was originally hoping there was still that (I don't know what it's called) auto-go-to feature that tabs you through all of your idle units every turn, so you don't miss any, like there was in Civ V. I imagine it must still be there.

OTOH, seeing MadDjinn play without it, it does give me the idea that turning it off might be a nice extra little challenge. Playing against your own inattention, as it were.

I do think the AI should be more aggressive too, especially since he is playing "deity".

Although, Maddjinn did have an alliance with KP that had cities between him and PAC which created a neat buffer zone to protect him. But at the end of this stream, PAC DoW anyway but couldn't really hurt him because KP was in the way.

Yeah the AI finding a path for its DoW is another issue that come right from Civ5.

I must have had a lot of bad luck then because when I've played BNW, the AI has frequently DoW me if my military was too weak.

I think MadDjinn is a master of manipulating the AI diplomacy. I'm halfway through his India deity videos and it's really amazing. He is about to reach industrial era, has a massive warmongering neighbor, but he has only built three war elephants and gone to war once (back when the elephants were relevant). Its really showing that he knows a whole lot about what can affect AI diplo positively and negatively, and he's really taking advantage of it to turn his neighbors against one another. And he makes it look so easy. But I know that it isn't.

Another thing: once you get the supremacy points to get orbital coverage from Firaxite, you can find it on the map using the orbital coverage.

They really need to have an "autowakeup" whenever a unit in the red takes damage from miasma. (for both workers and explorers)

I think MadDjinn is a master of manipulating the AI diplomacy. I'm halfway through his India deity videos and it's really amazing. He is about to reach industrial era, has a massive warmongering neighbor, but he has only built three war elephants and gone to war once (back when the elephants were relevant). Its really showing that he knows a whole lot about what can affect AI diplo positively and negatively, and he's really taking advantage of it to turn his neighbors against one another. And he makes it look so easy. But I know that it isn't.

It actually is easy.

I was originally hoping there was still that (I don't know what it's called) auto-go-to feature that tabs you through all of your idle units every turn, so you don't miss any, like there was in Civ V. I imagine it must still be there.

OTOH, seeing MadDjinn play without it, it does give me the idea that turning it off might be a nice extra little challenge. Playing against your own inattention, as it were.

The Auto-go-to on turn end is probably there honestly, it's just that workers and explorers taking damage from miasma don't currently "wake up". That and Mad Djinn probably has the setting off.

Or, y'know, check your workers in between turns instead of checking the stream the entire time. ;)

If you have a huge expansive empire I'd understand missing workers/scouts in miasma, but with only a couple workers/cities? I think that was mostly the result of MD reading the chat.

I seriously thought KP would declare war on MadDjinn considering where he placed his second city (twice :D)

In a sense though one of the hardest things for the AI to do is to understand where it needs to protect it's space, and when a human is actively countering it (and how it should respond). There are ways I imagine the AI could do this better - perhaps by strategically thinking ahead, planning a 'claim' on the point it wants to settle, and directing the human that he needs it to move, or face a DOW. OTOH that could be annoying if, for example, the AI strategic algorithims decided it wanted to 'claim' a point on the far side of your own civ.

The Firaxis devs are smarter than me anyway, and I'm sure they've thought long about the issue and what, if anything, they can do about it.

Or, y'know, check your workers in between turns instead of checking the stream the entire time. ;)

If you have a huge expansive empire I'd understand missing workers/scouts in miasma, but with only a couple workers/cities? I think that was mostly the result of MD reading the chat.

I was laughing when at one point he had an explorer on, like fifty percent health, needing seven turns to complete an excavation in miasma. MD said 'That explorer will be fine so long as I remember to move him out'. I was thinking 'Right. That's NOT going to happen.' and sure enough...

I'm laughing because it's funny. On the record I totally respect MD, he's beaten Civ 5 on deity multiple times, I've only ever beaten it on immortal, and his videos are professional, informative, and entertaining. It's just amusing to watch one game where he's been so severely set back by his own avoidable mistakes.

I'm sure it's harder to watch little details like that when you're checking comments and maintaining a lively and informative running commentary in real time.

I've not watched the whole playthrough yet, but in part 4 he seems to get stuck into the spy stuff:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Na28C3bkQkc&list=UUV36HP_m14ozVU0Q6kndAQA

Spy Agency seems to finish at 11:45ish (turn 175)

Spy Window open at:

11:50
13:00
18:15
35:40
39:30
48:00
52:20

sorry i stopped at part 3 yesterday. But even if he started to use it, damn 175 turns to start using a T 2 feature which leads to free gold, free science and later free units, i dont understand.

I don't understand why he didn't pick the second width bonus :
10% growth, production and energy in your capital.

And finally, i can't understand why he picked Network datalink and Nemeweb so soon.
If it works like civ 5, you get +5% every city. Cutting it by half isn't useful until late or if you play SUPER wild.
Master Research seems so much stronger to improve your tech speed.

Top Bottom