1. Firaxis celebrates the "Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month", and offers a give-away of a Civ6 anthology copy (5 in total)! For all the details, please check the thread here. .
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Old World has finally been released on GOG and Steam, besides also being available in the Epic store . Come to our Old World forum and discuss with us!
    Dismiss Notice

Mafia Game: Monty Python and the Holy Grail (GAME THREAD)

Discussion in 'Mafia/NOTW' started by Askthepizzaguy, Sep 2, 2009.

1. Askthepizzaguy

Askthepizzaguy Know the Dark Side

It can be used against anything.

2. Love

Love Deity

Vote: Sprig, stubbornness always pays

Also, I King Arthur, would like claim the handgrenade. As it is a property of the english church, thus a property of England, thus a property of Me.

Grenade: Love

3. Sprig

Sprig めんどくさい

4. Camikaze

Camikaze Administrator Administrator

Grenade: Oyzar, given that he's one of the only people I know to be innocent.

As for voting, hmm...so many options. So there are four left, right? That would fit with Renata, Love, Izipo and Snerk.

So how 'bout Vote: Renata.

5. Tasslehoff

Tasslehoff Kender

Yes you do. Look at last morning's post, after I get killed. The Knights go after something specific.

6. Sprig

Sprig めんどくさい

Don't be stupid Love, Although considering what has happened it may be a tough ask. Questions remain about your loyalty to england seeing as your still alive. However, it clear that we have 3 Knights of Ni to dispose of. Perhaps you can use the Nade for justice.

7. Snerk

Snerk Smeghead

More news from the witch and her role blocking:

Night 1:
    Choxorn newted - 3 kills (seon, tailless, cubsfan)

night 2:
    Oyzar protected from newting - 2 kills (stuck in pi, winston huges) (oyzar protected)

night 3:
    Renate newted - 3 kills (rhawn, civplayah, cindle)

night 4:
    Oyzar protected from newting again - 3 kills (pinman, double a, sithlord)

night 5:
    CCrunner newted - 2 kills (tasslehoss, catharsis) (ZPV WoG'ed)

night 6:
    Love newted - 1 kill (nictel)

8. Sprig

Sprig めんどくさい

"Dirty son of a B, I knew it."

"I would vote the Nade to me but I would probably use it on Renata who is a 4 in 11 chance of being a guilty party. Not high enough odds for my likeing and the same oddds for everyone else."

UnGrenade; Grenade: Snerk

Unvote; Vote: abstain

The rabbit and Knights of Ni are in compertition with each other, I am surprised to see that the rabit hassn't offed a couple more Knights. Good for us, i see they both choose the same target last night?

9. Snerk

Snerk Smeghead

I think oyzar could be the rabbit, but i'm not certain.

10. Nictel

Nictel Emperor

Did I get targeted by both the knights and the rabbit?! Talk about overkill. :p

To make things more interesting: The grenade is to kill the rabbit. :misschief:

11. Renata

Renata homicidal jungle cat GOTM Staff

Rabbit, rabbit, rabbit. Rabbit stew sounds nice.

12. Love

Love Deity

I have changed my mind. unvote, vote: oysar

13. Love

Love Deity

After learning that Oyzar is innocent(?) i change my vote to abstain.

Unvote, vote: Abstain.

14. Izipo

Izipo Hardcore casual gamer

@Snerk, I don't see what you're aiming at. The way I understand things, on night 5 there was only 2 kills because the beast (Catharsis) targeted Tasslehoff and got killed by the knights next. So there was no rabbit kill while CCRunner was newted. Whom we lynched on day 6 and he was revealed to be denni's mother. So, not a rabbit. So, why just the two kills ?
    And last night, while Love was newted, there was just one kill, but apparently because the rabbit and knights choose the same target.
    So, what should we infer of your list ?

In any case, maybe I don't pay much attention, but vote : Choxorn pays even less attention than me (not knowing who the beast was).

Finally the grenade, only my king should be worthy of using it, and until proven otherwise Love is our king. Grenade : Love.

15. Renata

Renata homicidal jungle cat GOTM Staff

What happens if the rabbit attacks the one with the grenade? I think it should go to someone Love is willing to protect, if only until the Rabbit is gone, someone who is clearly NOT the rabbit himself. Unfortunately I don't know for sure if the Witch can block the rabbit. I see no real reason to think he can't, but there is no proof, as the rabbit kill has never been blocked, and only once failed to kill, the night Catharsis and Tasslehoff died (and CCRunner was newted). (And why did that happen? If it was a double attempt on Catharsis or Tasslehoff, it wasn't as obvious as last night; but neither do I see anyone among the living players who could be proven to have missed that night entirely -- if it was a case of missed orders, it appears to have been an oversight and not a situation where the person was not online at all.) Maybe a one-time investigation looking for the hand grenade, and the result prompted the hit on Nictel? But that too is not supported by the write-up.

But then again lots of things aren't supported by the write-up ... no mention of newts thus far, though there's apparently been rather an epidemic of attempts both successful and non.

In any case I think we have to take a serious stab at the Rabbit at this point, by any and all means necessary. Two kills per night will wipe us out too fast to rid ourselves of the rabbit plus multiple Knights.

sprig, I'm really curious why you think the Rabbit and the Knights are in competition with one another. I think you're right, but you state it like you know it for a fact. But that said, I don't find it all that likely that the Rabbit is hiding behind the facade of the Black Knight. My best guess for the Rabbit is Backwards Logic, who already survived one lynching by means unknown. The Rabbit must be hard to kill, else why the presence of the Hand Grenade in the first place?

16. Love

Love Deity

I was newted last night. dear witch, please don't do it again.

Renata has a point there. But we actually don't know who to give the grenade to.

17. Snerk

Snerk Smeghead

Not much i'm afraid, at least not from my end of things. But Chox and Renata may be unlikely as killers as there was three kills both times they were blocked.

18. Izipo

Izipo Hardcore casual gamer

Right you are, unvote : Choxorn.

Should we try to destroy Sprig or the Shruber with the grenade, or is it only to be used against the rabbit ?

19. choxorn

choxorn Watermelon Headcrab

Thanks for pointing that out. I obviously don't pay attention to these write-ups, and everyone else seems to know a bunch of things that I don't. :(

I vote: abstain for both the lynching and the grenade, cause my lack of knowledge makes me suspicious of all of you. :p

20. Love

Love Deity

A ghost told me that Snerk told this somebody that Snerk and me was mafia and had been working together all along. That is a lie, snerk and i has never even been in contact. I sense either the ghost was a mafia or snerk is. So snerk it is.

Vote: Snerk