Mafia Game: The Lord of the Rings (Game Thread)

An [wiki]Ent[/wiki] is a sort of walking tree. If you've played fantasy games, they're the same as Treants, Treefolks, etc.
EDIT: Wow! 4x crosspoast!

Aw, come on, don't spoil our fun, you're just mad 'cos we beat you to it.

Hey, life is just too short to waste an opportunity to impress a lady with some fantasy lore. :)

Oh, Gentlemen thank you so much.

(shh, Winston, don't you know a lady loves attention, and when men are trying to impress her) :goodjob:

If hes totally inactive in general, then I don't see the logic, mafia murder us at night and we kill someone?

Because, until we have a good idea of who the mafia are, it would be better to kill someone who's not contributing to the game than somebody who is. If we kill all the active players, the thread will go silent, making it boring and ensuring mafia victory. Kill all the inactive players, and there will be little effect on the game. The point is, we'll stop lynching the inactives when we have a mafia suspect. Earthling is stupid, not evil, and Methos, Diamondeye, and Renata aren't mafia for disagreeing with him even if he says they are. So, since we haven't got the slightest clue who the mafia are, we're killing people who aren't contributing to the game at all.

Because, until we have a good idea of who the mafia are, it would be better to kill someone who's not contributing to the game than somebody who is. If we kill all the active players, the thread will go silent, making it boring and ensuring mafia victory. Kill all the inactive players, and there will be little effect on the game. The point is, we'll stop lynching the inactives when we have a mafia suspect. Earthling is stupid, not evil, and Methos, Diamondeye, and Renata aren't mafia for disagreeing with him even if he says they are. So, since we haven't got the slightest clue who the mafia are, we're killing people who aren't contributing to the game at all.
Maybe they're not posting but they're doing Night Actions. Pippin and his blasted ring-theftm for one thing.

I'm not mad at choxorn for that, though yes, I'll try to avoid anything that might conflate a poster/role in the future. Because I honestly recognize that from choxorn's POV I may appear stupid, just like certain others appear to be egregiously mistaken - or if not mistaken, then planning things poorly and having made really odd assumptions from my POV. If/when the whole story is out in public (which would really be the end of the game though, for behind-the-scenes info) anyone who wants to could look back and make the call, but not much else I can say in public now. I do have to really say from my POV right now the one thing I've been above all is very unfortunate - the first plan to lynch lurkers being just an honest plan between me, askthepizzaguy, and CCRunner, that horribly backfired, and then that CCRunner really never was around to respond to PMs and get protected.

But I want to make sure to continue to ask D'Artagnan to speak up if he's here at all, because while I said I'd go with the crowd and lynching a lurker still isn't horrible, if we could find something better to do that would be great.

If hes totally inactive in general, then I don't see the logic, mafia murder us at night and we kill someone that is making no difference to the game? :confused:

It's probably better than killing Earthling, which is about all I was concerned with when I proposed it. I can't account for half the game piling on behind me.

Seconded WH's sentiment, and TLO's for that matter: why assume Pippin is an inactive, Takhisis?

My head hurts, and it is not just from the fact that Frodo is dead, but from reading this thread. :eek:

Now it appears that there is lynching going on for D'artagnon, but i don't think he is evil and I don't think that Earthling is evil either, but he is rather stupid. I am going to Vote for Double A

Can I ask why?

Not looking good for D'art, but his inactivity is no use for the town.
However, sneaky survivor Double A gets my vote.

Thank you for the OMGUS vote, I really appreciate it. I don't get too many of them.

Omgus?

" Oh my God you suck"

Top Bottom