Mafia Game: The Lord of the Rings (Game Thread)

Now that we are talking about contractions, what does Y-foam(Wifom) mean?

"Wine in front of me" (WIFOM) from Princess Bride (I think that was the name of the movie)

That kinda ruined the point. Life gives plenty of opportunities to impress a lady. But to do so with fantasy lore, not so much.. ;)
I meant, is there any other way?
That post makes you sound like a sore Saruman :mischief:
Dammit! I'll have to use my voice now! :p
I don't think he assumes he is inactive, just that it was a night action.
As I said before, you can refrain from poasting but send on instructions and move behind the scenes.

Maybe they're not posting but they're doing Night Actions. Pippin and his blasted ring-theftm for one thing.

If they are doing that, they're probably watching the thread, and will speak up once they get a few votes piled on them. Some of the people are just completely silent.

I'm not mad at choxorn for that, though yes, I'll try to avoid anything that might conflate a poster/role in the future. Because I honestly recognize that from choxorn's POV I may appear stupid,

Sorry, I think I worded it poorly. You're not stupid, you're just new at this and doing stupid things as a result, it happens to everyone.

OMGUS= Oh My God, U Suck, a term referring to players who vote on people for no reason other than that they voted on them.

WIFOM= Wine In Front Of Me, and yes, it is from the Princess Bride, referring to the iocane powder scene.

As choxorn says, OMGUS is voting for someone who just voted for you, for no other reason that because they voted for you

WIFOM is basically saying 'im mafia' or 'im townie' you might be mafia or townie, but your testing the towns nerves to get a reaction, as you shouldn't claim you belong to a particular side as it doesn't help others determine if your lying or telling the truth. :crazyeye:

Ok do we really need that many people telling someone about WIFOMs and OMGUSes?

It's not like Diana asked or anything, sheeesh.

She didn't. Seon and I did :) We just happen to be both naturally charismatic :p

Vote tally

D'Artagnan59- 12 (askthepizzaguy, choxorn, Diana Abnoba, DrumStudent, Earthling, johnhughthom, Lord OST, Love, Nictel, Renata, TheLastOne36, z4ckdabeast)
Double A- 5 (classical_hero, Methos, Snerk, sprig, Takhisis)
Earthling- 5 (Arakhor, CivGeneral, civplayah, Diamondeye, Seon)
Charles Li- 1 (Autolycus)
DrumStudent- 1 (Thermal Mercury)
Love- 1 (Frozen In Ice)
Renata- 1 (thomas.berubeg)
Snerk- 1 (Double A)

Abstain- 2 (Csargo, TheForestAuro)

And for the torch...

Methos- 12 (Arakhor, Autolycus, choxorn, CivGeneral, classical_hero, Diana Abnoba, DrumStudent, johnhughthom, Lord OST, Seon, Takhisis, TheLastOne36)
askthepizzaguy- 3 (Double A, Earthling, Thermal Mercury)
Earthling- 2 (Snerk)
Beefy187- 1 (Beefy187)
Lord OST- 1 (askthepizzaguy)

Please tell me if I've made any mistakes.

Some more votes would be nice. There isn't that much time left in the day, and I'm still waiting on 10 votes for the lynch and 20 votes for the torch.

Either ATPG, Methos or TLO for the torch.

Could the mafia please attack me again tonight?

Thanks.

An invitation to wifom :D

Why of course, I will get right on it. Do you mind telling Gandalf to bugger off for a while

Why of course, I will get right on it. Do you mind telling Gandalf to bugger off for a while

Absolutely. You see, it's pointless to defend me again tonight when people know that I'm being defended. So therefore we will defend some random person instead.

So like I said; hey mafia: free lunch.

Now that we are talking about contractions, what does Y-foam(Wifom) mean?

*puts on pontificating hat*

There was this movie, see, called The Princess Bride. A classic of its day and all days since, much quoted. If you've ever noticed anyone saying "My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father; prepare to die" --- Princess Bride. "He's only mostly dead" -- Princess Bride. "Rodents of Unusual Size?" -- Princess Bride. "Wuv, twu wuv ..." -- yup. "Have fun storming the castle!" -- you guessed it. "I am not left-handed either" -- you betcha.

But the One Quote to Rule Them All, at least as far as Mafia games go, is "Wine in front of me", or WIFOM, which comes from a scene where ... well, I won't spoil it. In Mafia it indicates someone making a statement that Mafia would never be stupid enough to make -- UNLESS THEY DID IT ON PURPOSE SO YOU WOULD THINK THAT. Although it can also be applied to town roles and actions under appropriate circumstances.

So.

Could the mafia please attack me again tonight?

Thanks.

I'll get right on that.

See? Enjoy the WIFOM.

Love has taken a position. The same cannot be said for Charles Li

I don't have a positon to take, Autolycus. Yes, you are amazing that I didn't vote you to your death, but that is because I know that this is a bad way to save middle earth...

I take the Position as a ROHAN for the FREEDOM OF MIDDLE EARTH. What is yours?

Top Bottom