Main Download Information

Patch J is up!

Bugfixes, bugfixes, bugfixes! See the OP for details and download!

...I haven't even gotten to patch H yet. :eek:

Thx Afforess, gj

Quick question, if i copy the guerilla info in CIV4UnitInfos xml and only change the name to make a duplicate unit, but with a different name
Code:
<Class>UNITCLASS_GUERRILLA</Class>
<Type>UNIT_GUERRILLA</Type>
to
Code:
<Class>UNITCLASS_TERRORIST</Class>

I get an error saying
Code:
tag:UNITCLASS_TERRORIST in info class was incorrect
Current XML file is xml\Units/CIV4Infos.xml

Any ideas? just want to add a same unit with different name :(

Thx Afforess, gj

Quick question, if i copy the guerilla info in CIV4UnitInfos xml and only change the name to make a duplicate unit, but with a different name
Code:
to
Code:
<Class>UNITCLASS_TERRORIST</Class>

I get an error saying
Code:
tag:UNITCLASS_TERRORIST in info class was incorrect
Current XML file is xml\Units/CIV4Infos.xml

Any ideas? just want to add a same unit with different name :(

Then just do it backwards from what you have, ie:

<Type>UNIT_TERRORIST</Type>

Then just change the description also.

Afforess, I'd just like to thank you for keeping the letter patches savegame compatible as you fix bugs - otherwise I'd never finish a game!

Excellent work man, loving the speed at which you crush bugs under your wizard's boot.

I noticed you fixed it so I no longer gain GG points from animals and barbarians :(

Edit: Or... not? Maybe I'm just dumb and never knew that was a benefit of the imperialistic trait.

I noticed you fixed it so I no longer gain GG points from animals and barbarians :(

Edit: Or... not? Maybe I'm just dumb and never knew that was a benefit of the imperialistic trait.

It is a game option. Custom Game - barbarian generals or generals from barbarians or something like that.

Well, now I have a problem -

The UU I'm using for my custom civ is unable to be built. I didn't make any changes to it when patching from I to J, but I did have to re-add my custom folder to the modular loading controls... something changed slightly in the patch there... and anyways, now my UU spy shows up, but cannot be built. It worked fine in Patch I... or at least I think it did? 0_o I've not made any changes, and on mouseover there's no explanation why I suddenly cannot build them.

Any ideas/suggestions? It's rather annoyingly just grayed out without any explanation.

EDIT: And I can place them in worldbuilder and they operate just fine.

EDIT2: Nevermind, it was because I'd tagged them as inquisitor units experimentally. Derp on me.

I think patch J broke my savegames. When I try to load I get a file cannot be uncompressed error. Any ideas on how to fix? No other Mods except the ones that come with AND and locked modified assets is off.

I think patch J broke my savegames. When I try to load I get a file cannot be uncompressed error. Any ideas on how to fix? No other Mods except the ones that come with AND and locked modified assets is off.

Are you running something else on top of AND, like HAND or any other modules?
Patch J overwrote the modular loading file.

Are you running something else on top of AND, like HAND or any other modules?
Patch J overwrote the modular loading file.

Nope. The only changes I made were when installing AND by selected and unselecting some components. Might that have done it?

Hey,

Quick question (I tried to search for the answers, but just couldn't solo the answer) - I'm finding Global Warming to be a detrimental annoyance on small maps using slow game speeds. Every year or two (or 40-50 turns) a plot will turn into a desert leaving the 20-30 plots in my Empire suffering a slow death.

Long story short, I want to disable/remove the Global Warming mod - but can't for the life of me find the source, or even how to do it. Does anyone mind helping me out here? Thank's in advance.
:)

Hey,

Quick question (I tried to search for the answers, but just couldn't solo the answer) - I'm finding Global Warming to be a detrimental annoyance on small maps using slow game speeds. Every year or two (or 40-50 turns) a plot will turn into a desert leaving the 20-30 plots in my Empire suffering a slow death.

Long story short, I want to disable/remove the Global Warming mod - but can't for the life of me find the source, or even how to do it. Does anyone mind helping me out here? Thank's in advance.
:)

In GlobalDefines in the XML area:

<Define>
<DefineName>GLOBAL_WARMING_TERRAIN</DefineName>
<DefineTextVal>TERRAIN_DESERT</DefineTextVal>
</Define>

I just change mine to

<Define>
<DefineTextVal>TERRAIN_GRASS</DefineTextVal>
</Define>

then its no biggy.

In GlobalDefines in the XML area:

<Define>
<DefineTextVal>TERRAIN_DESERT</DefineTextVal>
</Define>

I just change mine to

<Define>
<DefineTextVal>TERRAIN_GRASS</DefineTextVal>
</Define>

then its no biggy.

Thank's Strategy. You're my nations hero. :goodjob:

Odd... seems that when I enable the 'Great Commander' option I can no longer attach my Great Generals to my units. Any idea why this would be? I first experienced this issue with Patch G, but I updated to J and the oddity is still there.

Anyway, great modmod, I really love it. It's the only thing that makes me still enjoy Civs IV after all these years.

Odd... seems that when I enable the 'Great Commander' option I can no longer attach my Great Generals to my units. Any idea why this would be? I first experienced this issue with Patch G, but I updated to J and the oddity is still there.

Anyway, great modmod, I really love it. It's the only thing that makes me still enjoy Civs IV after all these years.

Great Commanders aren't suppose to attach to units.

Top Bottom