Many Leaders Game 2 - Sword Training

Let me know when you do get it though, so we can start some AW action :)
*cough, cough* I DO hope I can get a spot on that game, as I've been toying with a new PHAW game anyway, but can wait until we find out what AW's like in BtS

[/threadjack]

Lurker's comment:

@r_rolo1:

Spoiler :
Turn 183 A little comic book on how to amke colonies ( for all those that can't find the fist button in the F1 screen... ):

Hey, I am one of those, I've read your report, but I still can't find the button!! Help, please!

@ Lucky: the aforementioned item is in the lower-right corner ~

@ ChrTh ~ first, thanks for the helpful collection of reports you edited into your first post in the thread :goodjob: if only everyone could be so helpful :mischief:

also, I love the MST3K signature!! :lol: (now THERE'S an SG waiting to happen!!)

@Lucky1972
Spoiler :
First of all, thanks for the compliments you posted in JOE6 thread ( you weren't so bad also ;) )

On Topic: To have the possiblity of making a colony you have to possess 2 cities in a landmass were you don't have your capitol. And ( I'm not sure of this, but makes sense ), because colonies are vassals , I think that you need to have Feudalism.... ( I had it at the time I spawned Ramesses )

Hope that this helped

@pholk: You're welcome :D ... you're also the first person to notice the MST3K sig, thanks :)

@Ozbenno: I'm halfway done with my turns and should be done tomorrow, but I might not have the report up until Saturday. Don't wait on me.

*cough, cough* I DO hope I can get a spot on that game, as I've been toying with a new PHAW game anyway, but can wait until we find out what AW's like in BtS

Was hoping someone would bite :mischief:

@ ChrTh ~ first, thanks for the helpful collection of reports you edited into your first post in the thread :goodjob: if only everyone could be so helpful :mischief:

The first post of the thread has links to posts that have links to all the reports. It is nice that ChrTh has made it easier to follow one game through though (rather than one round) :goodjob:

also, I love the MST3K signature!! :lol: (now THERE'S an SG waiting to happen!!)

You've completely lost me on this one

ChrTh said:
@Ozbenno: I'm halfway done with my turns and should be done tomorrow, but I might not have the report up until Saturday. Don't wait on me.

No worries.

ChrTh said:
@pholk: You're welcome ... you're also the first person to notice the MST3K sig, thanks

Again, no idea what you're talking about. :confused:

@Ozbenno: I finished my turns tonight, so I should be able to get the report/save posted tomorrow presuming work isn't a b*tch

Re: the Sig. In the theme song of Mystery Science Theater 3000, the verse goes:
If you wonder how they eat and breathe, and other science facts (la la la)
Just say to yourself it's just a show I should really just relax
for Mystery Science Theater 3000!

My sig is obviously a play off of that

Time for some FeedBack! ;)

Guys, I was playing yesterday until 1.30 am, when I wasn't able to stand with open eyes anymore. I got until turn 185, leaving a mere 15 turns (that should take about 2 hours to play) ahead.

Ozzy, tonight I shouldn't be able to play, unless a major miracle happens. I can, however, play tomorrow morning. It should be late night Saturday for you. If it's not ok, let me know. I can post the partial notes as soon as I have a break here at work and the partial save as soon as I get home.

Sorry to let you down. Last week I could finish at 2 a.m. This time I had to wake up earlier!

Man, curiosity hurts! :mischief:

Spoiler :
Ozbenno, could you make a new section in that graph saying wich person has the most wonders? i think me and my 8 new wonders wins that catagory. :D

800 - 1400 AD Report
Spoiler :

ESPIONAGE
We'll start with the good stuff.
One, spies are lost at an alarming rate, it appears, either in doing a mission or just by walking around. I haven't caught any spies in my territory, so I don't if that means that there aren't any, or that the RNG is not in my favor. :hmm:

I did have one spy who was able to travel a far distance and map a lot of cities for me, so that was good. The other spies mostly went to Knossos (I found that Knossos is cheaper than Sparta because they have my state religion) to steal Techs. The following Techs were stolen:

Meditation
Iron Working (ooh, there's a source in Mutal! ;) )
Calendar
Monarchy
Archery (accidentally clicked on; actually wanted Aesthetics)
Polytheism

Didn't really do anything else with the spies this turn; much of the other tasks seem more suited for warfare situations so if when Alex declares on me, I'll get a shot to look at it.

Got 2 Great Spies in Mutal during this turnset; the first built Scotland Yard, the second joined the city as a Superspy. With the Castle built and Nationhood being run, I'm generating ~95 EPs in Mutal when at 10%.

THE FOREIGN SITUATION

At the start of my turn, I'm the 6th most powerful civilization ... Alex is 1st! :eek: Fortunately Alex was at war with Kublai until 1130 AD, and then he went to war with Winnie in 1270 AD. That was didn't last long, though, because Gandhi built the Apostolic Palace and all the Hindu nations got involved -- even though Alex was the leader. So their war ends in 1330 AD.

Got harassed a lot for Open Borders, trades, and people demanding techs. Everything was rejected, although I think I will go Open Borders with everybody shortly since I'm pretty much done building.

Mongols did have a scary Random Event that improved the design of their Axe manufacturing.

I still haven't met the other Civ, but a galley came close(?) to circumnavigating before running into a barb galley.

RANDOM EVENTS

Two random events of note:
First, a quest: build 7 forges before the Renaissance Era; this Quest I failed because I didn't want to delay my Tech path.

Second, I could either accept a permanent +1 :commerce: outside of Mutal, or I could pay 131 :gold: and have a 67% chance of +3 :health: and(or?) a Super Scientist (in addition to the commerce). I gamble, and am successful, getting more health and a Super Scientist in Mutal. Sadly, this means I may not only get Great Spies the entire game.

TECHNOLOGY

As hinted above, I have entered the Renaissance Era. Besides the Techs I stole above, I have researched the following:
Engineering
Civil Service
Priesthood (1 turn research, wanted temples for happy)
Philosophy (Taoism founded in Xuxpi, the marble-island city)
Nationalism

I have started Constitution, with Paper -> Printing Press -> Democracy the plan for the next turnset.

CIVICS

My steal of Monarchy and my continuing issues with the happiness limit in Mutal (I turned off growth for a few turns at one point) encouraged me to revolt to Hereditary Rule and Pacifism in 1320 AD. Five turns later, I revolted to Nationhood for the Espionage bonus (and Barracks happiness).

GROWTH

The empire grew nicely this turnset, both laterally and vertically. I added 3 cities this turnset:
Oxhuitza, near the copper
Xuxpi, on marble island
Quiriqua, in the northeast near where Uzbek used to be

At this point I don't think I'll expand any more unless via conquest because I have no interest in focusing on large empire maintenance.

Population growth is proceeding nicely, though, as in 880 AD I am told Maya has 2 Million Souls, while in 1280 AD we are up to 5 Million.

RELIGION

Not much happened here outside of founding Taoism. Xuxpi (as previously noted) is the Holy City, and the free missionary converted Mutal.

Next turnset I plan on confusing my entire empire, and then start confusing some cities in Gandhi's and Winnie's empire in order to make Tech steals cheaper there.

CITY BUILDS

A random assortment of builds in most of the cities, usually geared to making sure the cities don't run into a happy/healthy limit. I've started on troop builds, but I didn't keep an eye on the power graph to determine if I'm keeping up with the other Civs.

MILITARY

Pretty much All Maces, All the Time once Civil Service came in. I was able to raze Uzbek with a Mace and a Holkan.

THE SAVE
http://forums.civfanatics.com/uploads/2578/Pacal_II_AD-1400.CivBeyondSwordSave

THE NEXT TURNSET

I didn't spend as much time on the game this week as I probably should have due to family events (as those who are in 'Sun Always Sets' know); I resolve to be better organized next week. Here are my plans for the next 50:

• Technology: Constitution -> Paper -> Printing Press -> Democracy. After Democracy is in, I'll have a decision to make: Head towards Military Tradition, Astronomy, or maybe something else? (I have been saving forests for lumbermills, so Replaceable Parts would be nice)
  • Military: Maces for everybody! Want to move up on the power graph.
  • Religion: Get entire empire Confused. Confuse the nearest Winnie and Gandhi cities.
  • Foreign: Open Borders with Alex, Gandhi, and Winnie
  • Galley: I have a Galley heading the same direction as the last Galley; hopefully he'll discover the final Civ, or he'll circumnavigate.
  • Espionage: Steal Techs! Build Jails once Constitution comes in. Build Security Bureaus once Democracy comes in. Need to designate another of the major cities as a secondary Espionage factory.

EDIT:
Took a look at the save to see where I'm at and to do a couple things I didn't do in my rush.
Power: I'm ahead of Gandhi. Alex has dropped behind Winnie. Overall, though, all of the Civs are knotted together.
Diplomacy: Everyone is Annoyed or Cautious with me. :undecide: I think it's the Religion plus the Espionage plus the lack of Open Border/Trades
Trading: Winnie doesn't like me enough to Open Borders, but he does like me enough to trade Silk for Sheep (which I do in anticipation of the next turnset). I open borders with Gandhi as well (Alex won't Open yet).
Religion: I have 4 cities that need to be Confused. I'll need a galley too.
Tech: I'm short Aesthetics, Monotheism, HBR, Feudalism, and Winnie has Compass. No one has Code of Laws yet. Gandhi will give me Monotheism and Aesthetics and 65 Gold for Metal Casting; I take it. Next turn I may need to trade for Lit and Drama, we'll see.
Cities: Chichen Itza may be unhealthy after growing twice, but I think I'll have resources in shortly that will help. Other than that we're ok with happy/healthy limits.

@Ozbenno

Spoiler :

What exactly are you doing to Tech so fast? Is it the Golden Ages, a library/university emphasis, tech trading, 100% :research:, all of these?

Spoiler For Off-Topic Stuff @ ChrTh & Ozzie :

Re: the Sig. In the theme song of Mystery Science Theater 3000, the verse goes:
If you wonder how they eat and breathe, and other science facts (la la la)
Just say to yourself it's just a show I should really just relax
for Mystery Science Theater 3000!

My sig is obviously a play off of that
They have a website, even MST3K

Basically, they mock old, cheesy films in quite hilarious fashion ~ i could envision some form of Space Race SG where reports should be interspersed w/photos of bad movies perhaps . . .

Double(or triple?) turns coming out propably tomorrrow. Seriously I didn't remember how much time school takes, as it started last week again. I wouldn't have signed up. But I'll try to finish this sg.

Spoiler For Off-Topic Stuff @ ChrTh & Ozzie :

They have a website, even MST3K

Basically, they mock old, cheesy films in quite hilarious fashion ~ i could envision some form of Space Race SG where reports should be interspersed w/photos of bad movies perhaps . . .

Spoiler :

Don't think it would work for a normal game, but it might be appropriate for that outer space scenario

Lets extend the deadline by a day (ie 24 hours or so from now) as we're still short six games. I'll get the links to the posts up soon though.

@TLO - Its sort of there already. The Wonder hog will get acknowledged (currently yourself).

@ChrTh
Spoiler :
What exactly are you doing to Tech so fast? Is it the Golden Ages, a library/university emphasis, tech trading, 100% :research:, all of these?
The beauty of financial/organised. The tech whore's favourote civics. I nearly wet my pants when I saw it was coming back in BtS (Washington had it in Vanilla) :lol: The civics alone are bringing in 78 beakers and 9 gold per turn.

I concentrate on cottages early in my games. Three Golden Ages can't have hurt either. Trading hasn't been that great this game, although I've sold a few junk techs for cash (early currency is also a must). Having markets (which were built mainly for the 2 happies from jumbos and fur) and the confused shrine have helped me stay at 90% research most of the game. My shrine city has a market, grocer and bank (r_rolo1 you could do this as well you know).

As for the MST3K thing, never heard of it. Hasn't made it to the ends of the world yet obviously.

@Ozbenno
Spoiler :
My shrine city has a market, grocer and bank (r_rolo1 you could do this as well you know).
:lol:
Of course I know that.... but I really don't like the shrine where it is. That was (and still is ) my naval base ( for my carracks/frigates/privateers ) and I've been negleting anything that puts in the way of production. Now if the shrine was in coimbra....

Top Bottom