1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Many Leaders Game 2 - Sword Training

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Succession Games' started by Ozbenno, Jul 20, 2007.

1. r_rolo1

r_rolo1 King of myself

For me is a ideal start: lots of food ( for :whipped: settlers and workers ) and coastal. Maybe I'll move 1S ( adds sheep and has better production )

2. pigswill

pigswill fly (one day)

Ozbenno: are we all aiming for the same victory condition? Space?

Could you pick me a leader? (Obviously not one of the selected AI civs). I'm not too bothered about playing a new leader or new civ coz there's plenty of other new stuff to absorb.

3. Ozbenno

Ozbenno Fly Fly Away Moderator Hall of Fame Staff

Go for whatever victory condition you want. This is a BtS training game of sorts. Non-competitive :mischief:

I'll pick one of the spare new leaders for you.

4. TheLastOne36

TheLastOne36 Deity

Ok i decided on a conquest for my game, Maybe i'll play with the always war option.

On my situation, EB Games hasn't got it in stock yet so TODAY i am finally going to get it. I hope..

5. ChrTh

ChrTh Happy Yule!

Is the AI location etc going to be the same for every save? If so, I recommend we do our turn reports in spoiler tags -- at least for the first few turnsets -- to prevent unnecessary advantage for the late-players (which includes myself).

6. TheLastOne36

TheLastOne36 Deity

CHrTH is your avatar a pig or a dog?

7. r_rolo1

r_rolo1 King of myself

I agree with ChrTh. Atleast until everyone knows the inhabitants of our continent, reports should be in spoiler tags IMHO.

8. ChrTh

ChrTh Happy Yule!

Chi-hooa-hooa

(I have so far resisted the urge to put GabTh (aka Bizarro ChrTh) in my avatar, mostly because I've had the current avatar so long that even I use it to identify my posts)

9. stuge

stuge Emperor

It turns out that I won't be getting BtS anytime soon so my spot is up for grabs.

10. Ozbenno

Yep, saves are identical except the human leader, AI location, resource location. So good point (I forgot to mention) all reports to be in a spoiler tag.

11. vra379971

vra379971 Deity

I'll grab SOMETHING when I get back.

From what you ask?

Picking up BTS of course!

12. GreyFox

GreyFox Make it so ...

Chickening Out!??? [pissed]

Let's see who's the chicken then!!!!

I will take Charmelenge (or something like that) .... whatever civ he is. HRE?

13. mice

mice Moose

About the spoiler tags , they are for players joining the game late right? We can read all reports if we are playing that turnset as i see it. Ozbenno may have a different opinion on this.

It means you may get more info than you would in a standard game, but it's the only way you can enjoy comparing your situation to that of other players.

Maybe people want to play the game as straight as possible, but it means that you are playing a solo game until the end, after maybe 2 months, when you can compare.

It seems more interesting to accept a bit of extra knowledge, and be able to see the variance as we all play the turnsets. Otherwise the comparison is only for the lurkers.

Having said that, espionage can mean there is a big difference in what is revealed in each save so ... hmm.

Edit; We are plying Hemisphere so the turnset when the other continent is revealed might be spoilered.On the other hand it turned out last time that all payers met the other continent in the same turnset so it wasn't a problem.

14. Ozbenno

I still think that reports should be in spoilers. Once you've reported your own game, of course you're free to look at everyone elses game. You are going to get some info that you don't have already in your own game but alot less than reading the report before you play your won turns.

Having said that, this is a training game, so if stuff is discussed/revealed without spoilers its not the end of the world.

EDIT: I've got about half the saves done as well.

15. mice

mice Moose

Absolutely we don't read reports before playing. I agree with spoilers for that reason.

16. vra379971

vra379971 Deity

Delete please.

17. vra379971

vra379971 Deity

We're sort of low on new leaders atm.

I'd like to see double-ups possible, once you're going to a different goal...

That said, on behalf of the African Continent, I'll take Zara Yaqob and Ethiopia.

To what win? Diplo or Cultural. If Diplo, it'll be Diplo by UN as I want to play full game.

18. FeedBack

FeedBack Time for some FeedBack!

OMG! I'm glad I didn't miss this!!! :D

Well, MLG one was my first prince victory... I think I may try this one out. I just have one tiny little problem: no sign of BtS in Brazil. :(

Having that said, I'll sign up as Alexander, if you don't mind, Ozzy. I think I'll have a good compare material with my previous game... And it should not matter if I start later or not, as the only thing new is the Phalanx. I swear I won't try a Phalanx rush! ;)

My turns:
    BC-4000 to BC-2000
    BC-2000 to BC-0375
    BC-0375 to AD-0800
    AD-0800 to AD-1400
    AD-1400 to AD-1655

19. TheLastOne36

TheLastOne36 Deity

I GOT BTS!!! WOOT

so i'm sticking with my plan, not that good with warmongering so i'm practicing in bts with Augustas's new traits.

Edit: And i'm going for a conquest victory!

20. azaris

azaris King

Isn't anyone going to do Hammurabi or Suryavarman? I'd love to see a strong player give these somewhat less eagerly anticipated civs a proper treatment.