Many Leaders Game 2 - Sword Training

Ive already stated my opinion regarding start settling, but I will say something regardign the choke point move on Jet's save.

Jet, that city must be killing you economy wise.

My plan to settle over there involves first building two or three more cities - copper, nothern clam site with statues, and then a cash city west of the two ivory.

Then, I'll go for the choke point, as I'll be able to afford it then.

I agree with vra379971. Jet made a bold move in trying to block ASAP the penisula, but I'm not sure that will play well. The maintenance cost for a not so decent site should hurt and he now is almost face to face with alex ( and we know how alex reacts when he feels cramped ) without metal units. Let's see what hapeens and if Jet's gamble pays off...

I plan to settle a city in the flood plains, other in the deer spot north of the capitol, other in the the eastern river bend and maybe then to settle in the choke point. But maybe then it will be too late...

Bibracte: 14 commerce, .5 maintenance at pop 5
Vienne: 1 commerce, 2.58 maintenance at pop 1
15 beakers per turn at 100%; 128 - 3 GPT
break-even research rate: 80%

I plan to choke in the next 50 too. The site gets elephants which makes it worthwhile IMO.

Also I might have a siege mentality game where I put Oromo warriors in forts on the hills of the choke point, and wait for Alex ... :scan:

Note to self: post screenshot of Vienne at size 30 to spite vra.

Note to self: post screenshot of Vienne at size 30 to spite vra.

:lol: :lol:

Actually, I think the choke city is a good idea sooner rather than later. I've noticed that in BtS, the AI expands very agressively in the early years. I certainly plan to be down here in the next 50 turns (with my 4th or 5th city hopefully).

Same here. My 2nd city will be for the copper. I'm looking for my 3rd city to be down at the choke point.

While we're on city locations...

For all those who moved their capital one north, having seen the location of iron on the map do you wish you had settled in place?

I must admit after I saw the iron my immediate thought was :aargh: but then I thought about it a bit :hmm: and think that 1N still probably gives better food and production.

I don't mind founding on iron.

As for city placement, I plan on founding the copper city next and then the choke after that.

I'm also thinking of going for choke point city. Settling on top of iron is just one of the breaks and not something that could be predicted beforehand.

Issues for next set will be dealing with barbs and thinking about early wonders. I might think about Oracle or give it a miss and build a settler and vulture instead.

It's a shame with the iron, but that's the way it goes. :)

I'm not regretting the move. In the short term, the extra seafood rocks. Longer term, think the 3 grassland river tiles to the N are a nice addition? Just the mid term I'll miss out on!

The choke city does seem good! Guessing with Alex, he's likely to have other directions to expand him, so it's not bottling him up as much as 'suggesting' a direction he heads in?

OK, half baked analysis time. I pulled the following data from the saves.

Firstly, yes I'm very artistically challenged :p but hopefully you can get the point.

Secondly, I thought for a while whether to put the "worst" column in and finally decided yes. Its not to be critical but to highlight the differences in the games. I've got the worst production but to counterbalance it I've got the best research rate. mice has low values in a few categories but has built two wonders already :eek:. So, essentially you balance out a strength with a weakness.

Thirdly, can anyone tell me exactly how life expectancy and approval rating work (I assume it is related to health and happiness respectively). Well done to Bindamel for being tops in both categories as well.

Wonder Register:

The Great Wall - mice, vra (tlo 1 turn away)
Stonehenge - mice, TheLastOne

Tech Register:

Everyone has: The Wheel, Mining, Animal Husbandry
One Leader has: Monotheism (Kodii)
Cheapest tech available no-one has: Mathematics (FeedBack and Conroe researching)
Most expensive tech researched: Iron Working (Sealot, vra)

Finally, just a reminder that the spoiler tags come off for the weekend but no 2nd round reports yet until Monday and then put the spoilers back.

Also, I've updated the first post with a reference to the above post and details regarding the second round. In general you should be able to find most information regarding the game from the first post.

If you want any other data added (I'll add Espionage points when they become more relevant) let me know and I'll see.

If I would have known where iron will pop up and that there's good city spot in the north I wouldn't have settled 1N. It's impossible to predict though. Now that most have scouted our end of the continent and seen it's pretty poor, anyone thought of settling on those islands west from start? From my experience with this map script they might be alot more productive than our continent here.

Nice analysis Ozbenno! :goodjob:

I think the approval rating is linked to how many unhappy faces and the happy cap. In my case, think the +1 :) from Charismatic can't have hurt?

Sealot - that's an interesting thought. Think I might add scouting those to my list of things for the next round...

Oh well, 2 worst categories.... Not a excuse, but I've been growing the capitol and that doesn't help with research ( no cottages worked so far )

@ Ozbenno

Can you post the techs that everyone has and current research, please?

@ Sealot

Nice idea. Will scout the west, most surely. Maybe is not worth to expand much in the penisula...

@ Ozbenno

Can you post the techs that everyone has and current research, please?

I've added the relevant bit from my spreadsheet to the analysis post (not sure this is the right way to present it though, so I might remove it). Also added a couple of facts regarding the techs, which I was going to do but forgot :blush:.

Top Bottom