Many Leaders Game - Discussion Thread

i'm with PH in never having won an emperor game so i'll be chasing him for the :king:

i like the idea of win anyway (although i think i'll most probably go for space) x no of corperation HQs you possess but perhaps there ought to be a way of factoring in the number of cities you spread the corperations to. That way you don't just have to found a corp you have to use it as well.

The latest RB epic starts you off with a corp... guess you could add one in through worldbuilder pretty easily. Although the costs on a starting empire could be quite crippling if you aren't prepared. :eek:

I did a play test of this having WB myself a corporate HQ and indeed it makes the game harder(-7 commerce hammers your early research rate) IMHO so not an option at the moment...

A scoring system based on Corp HQ's is interesting if I can puzzle out one....

Thanks for the ideas and keep them coming....

Ralph

@ Ralph ~ hey, i was going to play anyway ~ i'm a glutton for punishment.

a simple way for corporate scoring would be to add up all income for HQs minus internal corp maintenance. That way, people like me and ad hoc can not found them (or found them incidentally) and some people can tailor the game to maximize profits.

1. Gold Silver Bronze for fastest Spacehip win
2. Laurels for anybody getting their first BTS Emperor win
3. Mr Corporation Award for the best use of corporations (voted on by the participants at the end of the game)
4 :king: Award for the person who best explains their strategy and progress through the ongoing reports (I might decide this myself as I have to have some power or voted on by the participants)

1. :goodjob:
2. :goodjob:
3. :goodjob: except I don't like the idea of starting with a corporation as it does cripple you a bit at the very start.
4. :goodjob: I think this is best decided by you Ralph.

Are you going to use the reverse order of finish in MLG4 for picking the leader?

Many Leaders Game 6 Emperor Spacemen
So welcome to the thread for the 6th instalment of the Many Leaders game. For any people new to this in these games
i) People take their choice of leaders
ii) Play from the same starting position
iii) Strive for a win at escalating difficulties
iv) With an emphasis on learning via comparing strategies and tactics

We have tried

Many Leaders Game, (sponsor: mice), Warlords, Prince, Just Win

Many Leaders Game 2 - Sword Training, (sponsor: Ozbenno), BtS, Noble, Just Win
Many Leaders Game 3 - Prince Domination, (sponsor: Ozbenno), BtS, Prince, Domination
Many Leaders Game 4 - The Cultured Monarch, (sponsor: Ozbenno), BtS, Monarch, Culture
Many Leaders Game 5 - One City Challenge, (sponsor: Ozbenno), BtS, Prince, One City Challenge Conquest

And now its time to move up to Emperor and a space win.

However to not deter the hardy souls who have climbed that ladder with the difficulty level we are not insisting on a Space win for people who have never won BTS at Emperor level.

Reporting:
Try and treat it like a normal SG game. Give as much info as possible about your tactics, plans etc. Screenshots are good as well. In the first round try and give some insight as to why you chose your leader and your strategy for winning the game.

Don't publish half or incomplete reports and then edit later. Wait until you're finished and publish it all, even if you're late.

All reports to be enclosed in spoiler tags.

Use your checking in post to create a series of links to your game as it progresses. I will then create a link to all these posts. It makes it easy for everyone to follow a single game, rather than the round by round games.

The timeframe for each round is decided once 75% of people (12/16) have published their reports. At this stage I'll produce whatever analysis grabs my fancy. Don't worry about being late, I'll go back and update the graph as the remaining games come in. There is no set deadline, if you end up a week behind, just keep going and you'll still be included.

If time permits, try and load the saves of others to try and get a feel for what they are doing. Feel free to comment and give advise on other people's games or even ask advise on what you should be doing.

Additional reporting for this game

Please include in each report two specific sections
a) Your review of how you did against the plans you laid down last turn set
b) Your plan for the next set of turns

There will be a bragging rights award (Master Reporter) awarded by your friendly dictatorial GM (That’s me) for the person who has best explained their thinking and progress. Note this is not for the best strategy but the best explanation and reporting of what they wanted to do and of course at times why it all went tragically wrong.

Corporations

We are keen to emphasise the learning aspect and want to see people go deep into the tech tree in this game and utilise corporations. For this reason there will be another award voted on by the games participants (and lurkers who want to join in) for the person who has utilised corporations the best + explained it. Note this is not the person who has founded the most or spread them the most but is for the “Now that’s a good idea” moments.

Scoring

1. Gold, Silver and Bronze for the fastest spaceship win
2. :king: Laurels for anyone achieving their first Emperor win no matter how achieved
3. Mr Corporation Award. (see above)
4. Master Reporter. (see above)

Game:

Map: Hemispheres
Level: Emperor
Size: Standard
Speed: Normal

Aggressive AI. No
Barbarians. Normal
All other settings default

Leader: ? up to you.
Starting Position:

Will be published once all leaders have been selected

So now is time to check in (preference for people who took part in MLG 4) and to pick your preferred leader with preference going in reverse order of the winners of MLG 4.(This means..)
1. pholkhero
2. Imhotep
3. Bindamel
4. yena
5. azaris
6. Ad Hoc
7. Swiss Pauli
8. pawelo
9. Kodii
10. Ozbenno
11. TriviAl
12. Zargon

Unfinished
GreyFox
r_rolo1

There is at least one slot open for anybody as I am not playing in this game..

I would like to keep the game thread "tidy" so will keep initial questions / picking leaders et al here and then transfer it to a new Game Thread once we have settled participants / leaders.

Ralph

So check in and start picking your leader either here or by PM if you prefer…

Me too, I wonder what I'll get out of my shortlist.
Hey, be nice with me as it will potentially be my first emperor win ;)

I'll not play, so make that 2 open spots... I really enjoy the MLG's though and hope for chances in later installments...

I got one of the slots and i think my civ will be Williem Van Oranje of the dutch :)

Edit: Just saw that civ picking was in order from MLG -4. I guess i'll be last to pick then. :( Anyone can take the Dutch. I won't mind. I think it might be interesting taking a civ like the Aztecs and forming a space race with them.

wow ~ ANOTHER game starting . . . to be honest, i didn't think this would start for a while longer ~ or rather, i thought i'd be done more SGs by now as some looked to be going to the dogs ~ in any case, i JUST don't have the time anymore, though I would REALLY like to play.

Looks like Bindamel gets first choice ~

I also think that the games come too close, especially now with busy holiday seasons coming up. Could we put this on hold until MLG5 is done?

Very willing to put it on hold if thats what most people want, Could say delay for a fortnight / 3 weeks when MLG5 starts to wind down.

What do people think ?

Ralph

I won't be playing this one, delay or not, so another open slot when you do start.

I'm simply not up to Emperor right now, especially in a solo game like this one.

And now Yena is first in line for leader selection!

If this continues i might have first choice :crazyeye:

Since I am now first in line I may as well reveal that I have already chosen Williem Van Oranje (sorry TLO). I definitely would prefer to delay this a few weeks, but will play regardless.

OK a consensus is emerging and this games start will be delayed to weekend of 22nd 23rd December.

1. people who have signed up will retain their place of course
2. People like Imhotep,Pholkhero and Bindamel retain an option on a place till then and can hopefully be persuaded to take part.
3. People from MLG4 who haven't signed up (or out) should let me know if they want to keep a place
4. I will open up spare slots for other people to take up a couple of days before it is due to start.

Cheers

Ralph

As much as I'd like to go for my first Emperor win with this, after my first cultural win last time, I'll be gone from the 21st to the 7th of January.

If you will have me anyways, I'll just catch up after my vacation.

I don't see a problem with you playing catch up post your vacation so happy to keep you in.

Ralph

ok then, I'll start thinking about a leader. Maybe I'll make this my first SE game too with a philosophical leader, since financial will likely be a popular trait and there are lots of people picking leaders before me.

Top Bottom