Master of Mana Xtended 4.0

What does "BugCore - mod PLE not initialized; removing" mean? That mod never worked in this one for me. I've also never been able to choose tech in advanced start: selecting the beaker does nothing.

Is water supposed to be mostly useless? Aside from the resources it seems to get well outproduced by land with no way to improve it.
it has always been the case in FFH.
further it's almost the case in vanilla civ 4 BTS.

however it is a bit mitigated by 2 things:
-increased health/happyness/gold with port/harbor
-increased trade routes.

however, I agree, that does not solve the much reduced interest versus land.

However, we may suggest some water mana global enchantement that would improve the sea...
"energy of the seas": +1hammers per sea tile
"deep-sea mining": +1 metal per sea-tile
... etc

Found another, seemingly unrelated reproducible crash, loading autosaves and messing up the seed didn't help, but I did manage to get past this one: I entered the editor and found Nubia(Calabims second City), owned by the Kuriotates with 1 population and its name reading as "Nubia: (set)". Removing the city lets me continue the game again. Save attatched, still having an awesome time with the mod :D

Funnily enough I just fixed this crash bug one day ago. AutoRaze when AI takes 1 size cities caused a crash and has been since Sephi introduced the mercenaries, which was a long long time ago basically. Also fixed another crashbug.
To bad that playing the game in debug takes quite some time, but I find new things to fix every now and then :)

it has always been the case in FFH.
further it's almost the case in vanilla civ 4 BTS.

however it is a bit mitigated by 2 things:
-increased health/happyness/gold with port/harbor
-increased trade routes.

however, I agree, that does not solve the much reduced interest versus land.

However, we may suggest some water mana global enchantement that would improve the sea...
"energy of the seas": +1hammers per sea tile
"deep-sea mining": +1 metal per sea-tile
... etc

The sea is awesome if you play lanun, otherwise, it might be worth it, but mostly not really, but if you want a town to survive in harsh enviroment, close to the coast is the only solution.

I would not like it placed on water mana since that means illians will get it, and they are way to overpowered. Moving the water related things to a guild might make more sense in a way, so you can choose.

Do you guys play mapscripts with a lot of water or with small amounts?

I tend to use MoMWildErebus, which has lakes, with random sea level. I play against myself in hotseat.

The new tweaks in this version seem good, especially deer camps producing sane amounts.

While we're at the topic of water, what are recommended maps for making water units worthwhile building?

I think I tried all MoM-labeled maps, and the only ones where naval warfare actually made sense were MoM-Earth and MoM-InlandSea. All the other ones only had small pockets of water, no way to travel the map on those. But playing on earth is no fun (you know the map in advance) and just having a big blob of water in the center of the map is kinda dull as well.

Aren't there any randomly generated MoM-style maps with continuous bodies of water? Otherwise Lanun and OO religion will never get popular with me :)

Hello all , this will be a bug report reply.

Playing as Sidar at turn 253 when pressing end turn the game stalls on waiting for other players and never goes on to the turn after that.

Forgive my lack of experience in bug reporting, so I will let the professionals of this forum guide me to the proper steps to make my bug understandable, for now I will simply attach my save game.

That aside , a big thank you to all involved in this mod and all the people involved in bringing FFH from its debut allllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll the way to this excellent version, you have all truly been part of the best representation of the ''modding golden age'' that I fear is soon coming to an end (thanks a lot DLCs:mad:)

Attachments

• Sidar.CivBeyondSwordSave
    563.6 KB · Views: 105
That aside , a big thank you to all involved in this mod and all the people involved in bringing FFH from its debut allllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll the way to this excellent version, you have all truly been part of the best representation of the ''modding golden age'' that I fear is soon coming to an end (thanks a lot DLCs:mad:)

The only thing that might come to an end is being able to pay the same nominal price for games in 2015 as in 1990 rather than the adjusted price while getting ever greater suites of features and edit tools.

Hello again,

I have encountered a CTD error at about turn 300 in a game with Illians, MOM map, elf size.

here is the crash report and attached is the saved game, the crash happens after I click end turn:

Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: Civ4BeyondSword.exe
Application Version: 3.1.9.0
Application Timestamp: 4a0c27e6
Fault Module Name: CvGameCoreDLL.dll
Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0
Fault Module Timestamp: 55819563
Exception Code: c0000094
Exception Offset: 0004af2d
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
Locale ID: 4105
Additional Information 1: 8485
Additional Information 2: 84853502223d8164a31468861a7c3d71
Additional Information 3: a4ea
Additional Information 4: a4eacf9d27e5ee8cb3a70ac0035eb8ab

As a sidenote I resolved this CTD a turn before that by choosing not to produce a frostling rider, but that might have just been a coincidence, if not it might be a ctd linked to the production in my capital.

Thank you

Attachments

• Illians.CivBeyondSwordSave
    508.6 KB · Views: 99
what do I play ? : Erebus continent... but no real use of water units.

I liked to play "continents", but the AI sucks with invading other continents so it was a bit sad.

and sea-related buildings are HUGE... however, they are not enough to save cities that have much water around them.
I love Austrin... because I can put sea-related buildings on every cities, while having only a few that are sacrificed to water tiles.

Honestly, I would increase sea ressource values.. as for each sea ressource that you have, you get many un-usable tiles.
It is even more so in MoM, as commerce and food are not the only yield you need.
you also need metal, lumber, stone.... and sometime leather.

so maybe land coast-tiles could be more productive?
or water-coast-tiles have some 1 lumber/tile (drift-wood ?)

or all water tiles get +1food ? it has always been easier to get food near the sea than even in flood-plains..
or create a new improvement : fisher village: +1F +1C: can be built on any coast/sea (maybe every 2 tiles ??). (gives same bonus as fishing boat when on ressource ; but with +1F, +1F)
(it would be like a small pirate-port, but without the possibility to improve..., and no fort-effect)

Building vertically is hardly worthwhile because the 3 gold per pop over 10, but finding the code for it is once again a trick. The only place I found any seemingly relevant place with a > or - operator in front of a 10 is in this in CvCity.cpp:

Code:
	if(getPopulation() > 10) {
		iNumCitiesMaintenance *= 100 + (getPopulation() -10) * 10;
		iNumCitiesMaintenance /= 100;
	}

The text is in CIV4WildManaNew.xml.

I liked to play "continents", but the AI sucks with invading other continents so it was a bit sad.

Yeah, water seems to be the nemesis of the AI, oftentimes they totally ignore you when you are on a different landmass. Which is a shame, because as pointed out the buildings and units are there but hardly ever get used.

Is Erebus supposed to be a single-continent setting? If so, then maybe the heavy emphasis on land warefare is understandable, but it still sucks to be the Lanun then :(

Yeah, water seems to be the nemesis of the AI, oftentimes they totally ignore you when you are on a different landmass. Which is a shame, because as pointed out the buildings and units are there but hardly ever get used.

Is Erebus supposed to be a single-continent setting? If so, then maybe the heavy emphasis on land warefare is understandable, but it still sucks to be the Lanun then :(

The AI in Civ4 divides the map by areas, lakes are one area each, landmasses that are joined are one area, and ocean is one area.
Most of the AI can only function within a area, so flying things moving into a lake that get their orders cancelled usually have a problem. Ships in the sea are very stupid as well. The AI will mostly go for land expansion until there is nothing less to do.

On the climate mapscripts lanun prefer to start on an island somewhere, which for the AI means they rarely manage to get off the island. But it fits their lore so much better.

The AI is not very good at getting from one area to another, hampering sea expansion and also making the plane concept quite useless. There are mods to improve sea expansions but I have not looked at what Sephi added or did not add. This mod has so many modifications it is hard to compare to other smaller mods these days :(

Awesome to hear the other one has been fixed :D Ran into another "crash" though, where it just keeps loading forever on the AI's turn.

Turn 545-546(2 turns from save I think).
Messing up the seed doesn't do anything to prevent the crash.
The Doviello has some fancy spell effect going on, on the turn it crashes, but I don't know if that has anything to do with it.

Attachments

• Bannor Crash.CivBeyondSwordSave
    749.2 KB · Views: 126
I found a crash where if there is a undefended city next to a barbarian spawner, and you suddenly leave city undefended. Th capture of the city will crash the game. I have a save to prove it.

Awesome to hear the other one has been fixed :D Ran into another "crash" though, where it just keeps loading forever on the AI's turn.

Turn 545-546(2 turns from save I think).
Messing up the seed doesn't do anything to prevent the crash.
The Doviello has some fancy spell effect going on, on the turn it crashes, but I don't know if that has anything to do with it.

It is because the Fey city falls to Baron that turn.

I found a crash where if there is a undefended city next to a barbarian spawner, and you suddenly leave city undefended. Th capture of the city will crash the game. I have a save to prove it.

It is because the Fey city falls to Baron that turn.

These are very helpful information, thanks! How did you manage to find the cause of crash?

Top Bottom