Medieval European Mod II

Any good strategies other than waging war & expanding that way for civs with bad starting locations (no room to expand enough) like England or Sicily etc for teching? Eg. is city state & ducal palace enough? I always fall behind in tech when playing peaceful game with small civs even when trading like hell. Maybe small civs should get some bonus to research, dunno how though?

I presume you are talking about playing on the custom map.

When expanding, make sure to get the best possible bonus from the vassalage system. This includes making sure the ai have the kingdom build, and make sure you are in the right goverment.

I usually end up with City State when I choose not to expand, but instead going after a discovery (space race) or diplomatic victory. Then it's a pretty good goverment, but it doesn't work well with bigger civs, since the unit support will kill you.

A little trick I use in regards to tech trading is always to try and research a tech no one else have. Then go to the muslim civ with the House of Wisdom and only trade techs with them. Usually it gives you pretty good deals, if no one else has the tech, and in the end you and the muslim civ will end up being leading in techs. If done properly that is. ;)

CFC got hacked, so some of the downloads are not currently available. These are:

Alternative Terrain Pack
Crusader States
11th century Conquest

The problem will be dealt with asap.

I can re-upload the alternative Terrain pack, if you like? I only extracted it the other day, so the Zip should still be in my recycle bin.

Well I have it too, and I'm sure ED also has it, so it won't be a problem.

Wow! Can I download some this units?

Well, the units should be in the download database, but this is a mod thread so why don't you download the mod? It's good, I promise ;)

Regarding the recent CFC file loss

I'll re-upload the Ares-Varwnos terrain pack today. I don't have the original 11c Conquest files, but it might be a good idea to just leave it be and release 1.2 patch together with updated 11c conquest in the next few days (the old one had some bugs/problems anyway).

The main mod files are hosted on external site and are intact.

This is a little ot but exaclty how extensive was the damage?

edit: never mind, found it

I've reuploaded the Crusader States, but I'll update it again when the next version is ready.

I've been playing that scenario almost exclusively recently. Constantinople is probably the hardest city I've tried to conquer in any scenario I've played :)

I have just downloaded the mod yesterday. I am a new comer to the Civ3 world after playing Civ4 for quite a long time. I must say that MeM is quite impressive. I only played for a few hours but I enjoyed them so much. I rank mem as one of the best mods ever. Not only compared to Civ3 mods (and I played some of them already) but compared to Civ4 mods (I played so many of these).

I am so glad that you guys are still actively working on the mod and I am looking forward to getting 1.2.

Well, the units should be in the download database, but this is a mod thread so why don't you download the mod? It's good, I promise ;)

Regarding the recent CFC file loss

I'll re-upload the Ares-Varwnos terrain pack today. I don't have the original 11c Conquest files, but it might be a good idea to just leave it be and release 1.2 patch together with updated 11c conquest in the next few days (the old one had some bugs/problems anyway).

The main mod files are hosted on external site and are intact.

I'm from Russia and have dial-up

I just remembered that when the Mod first came out, you were planing to make a Scenario about the Mongol invasion of the Russian Principalities.
I was very much looking forword to playing it, and would like to know if you ever plan on going back and finishing it?

I just remembered that when the Mod first came out, you were planing to make a Scenario about the Mongol invasion of the Russian Principalities.
I was very much looking forword to playing it, and would like to know if you ever plan on going back and finishing it?

Shhh! :blush:

Sorry, but I have no plans to finish that at the moment. I can hardly find time to playing any civ, and I want to focus a bit on the new mod I'm working on.

I don't think there was much interest in that scenario anyway.

Found a problem playing the 11c game- There is a problem with the Georgian Reconquista splash. I'll edit the post when I find the precise error :)

EDIT: Yeah, you forgot to put the splash entry in. I'll correct it myself, and carry on with my game.

EDIT2: Oh, I've found another problem relating to the map games- Gold is allowed on Mountains, which means that there is a chance that some will land on a High Mountain tile- where it cannot be connected to a city. I think there are 2 ways around this: The first is to disallow the Gold on Mountains. The second is to place an invisible, worthless dummy resource on all High Mountain tiles. :)

Top Bottom