1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Medieval European Mod II

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Completed Modpacks' started by embryodead, Apr 23, 2007.

1. Castlebuilder

Castlebuilder Chieftain

Any possiblity of animating the units as in Anno Domini?

2. Yoda Power

Yoda Power ✫✫✫✫✫✫✫

Sorry what? All the units have animations.

3. embryodead

embryodead Caliph

Judging from your post in the other thread, you seem to just discovered Civ3 mods - just so you know, pretty much every big mod on this site has custom animated units, this one included. Just download it to see ;)

4. Stormrage

Stormrage Ever Present Taskmaster

Maybe he meant using some of AD units, like the Euro Swordsman and Spearman..

5. Yoda Power

Yoda Power ✫✫✫✫✫✫✫

Well it would be hard to have units from AD since it was released after MEMII. But ED is working on a new version with the units that fit in, so no worries.

6. Castlebuilder

Castlebuilder Chieftain

I have been playing this Mod since it was first posted and think that it is an incredable piece of work. I just downloaded Anno Domini and was taken with the animated movement of the soldiers and workers which seemed to be more alive than your basic CIV III. Am I wrong that their movements are somehow different ?

7. Virote_Considon

Virote_Considon The Great Dictator

Nope. Completely the same. Maybe you'd had animations turned off, by accident? :)

8. Rob (R8XFT)

Rob (R8XFT) Ancient Briton Super Moderator

As a matter of fact, Anno Domini borrowed heavily from this mod - plenty of the excellent units by ED as well as other graphics such as set up screens, buildings, tech icons etc.

9. geminisama

geminisama Resident Batman

Does anyone have a copy of the Medieval Europe 1070-1550 scenario? And the MEM Western Europe scenario wants to overwrite something, is this okay?

10. Yoda Power

Yoda Power ✫✫✫✫✫✫✫

The version with preplaced cities will be rereleased when ED have the new version ready.

I assume it's just some folders that it asks to overwrite? That shouldn't cause any problems.

11. murray7456

murray7456 Chieftain

I have diplomacy and plenty of gold but can't figure out how to hire guards!!

Also what is the purpose of the white obelisk in the captial city

Thanks

12. againsttheflow

againsttheflow unpolitically uncorrect

Remember for mercenaries you need the gold resource.

Normally an obelisk would be a victory point location, but that doesn't sound right cause Yoda and ED replaced the normal vp graphics with a cross.

13. BenGee171

BenGee171 Warlord

Any chance to see this mod on civ4 bts?

14. Kalimakhus

Kalimakhus Emperor

I am not sure if you're aware of this but there is actually a MEM for vanilla civ4. Whether or not it will be ported to BTS is unknown to me. I know that development is still going on but not as fast as the mod's fan would like it to be.

15. BenGee171

BenGee171 Warlord

16. Yoda Power

Yoda Power ✫✫✫✫✫✫✫

The obelisk is a victory point location. You must have turned it on. Probably after playing some scenario.

Nope.

Only in the scenarios as far as I remember. I think the standard mod don't have a custom victory point location.

Well it's different creators, and their vision of the mod is pretty different, so you can't really say that it is a MEM for Civ4.

I think that's what he's refering too. But it's not a remake of this mod. As I just pointed out. ;)

Cheers everybody! :D

17. HoMM3 fanatic

HoMM3 fanatic Chieftain

I find the lifespan of tatar unique wonder very short, is there any way to extend it? If you have chosen the path to conquer your neighbours and expand in territory you tech very fast and get maybe 3-4 tumens before parliament is available. You get it after chivalry & mongol unique tech and parliament is almost behind the corner at that time. I understand tumen are quite powerful units, but it is really a tough choice between producing more of them and getting parliament with town halls to reduce corruption in evergrowing empire. Parliament is also prerequisite for important military tech granting free armies via small wonder. What do others think about invasion of europe wonder? Is it worth to leave parliament unresearched at the start of third era just for those tumens? My proposal is to either weaken tumen a bit and lower the amount of turns between tumens produced or make the wonder last a bit longer before becoming obsolete.

18. Yoda Power

Yoda Power ✫✫✫✫✫✫✫

You also have to posibility to rush for the wonder while researching in the second era. The effect period is not so long, but as you say it is quite powerfull.

19. smphang

smphang Chieftain

hi
    just want to say the 11th century map link is broken.
    could you or someone please upload again?
    thanks in advance!

20. Yoda Power

Yoda Power ✫✫✫✫✫✫✫

Yes we know. It will be updated when the new version is ready. :)