Merry Christmas ^^

Kyriakos

Creator
To all, and to all a happy new year.

1671856507960.png

May 2023 be a lot better (even to those from whom 2022 was great) :)

Alternate video since Weird Al doesn't like people linking to his videos on other sites

Yikes, I had to scrub that out of my brain. If you must have violence in your music, make it beautiful. This isn't a Christmas song, but at least violinist Karen Briggs' dress is a festive red. "Within Attraction" features duels between two skilled drummers and the two most exceptional violinists I've ever seen/heard (Shardad Rohani was the conductor for this concert, but performed a mesmerizing violin duel with Karen Briggs). This is from Yanni's "Live at the Acropolis" concert over 25 years ago:

Oh, and for some actual Christmas content:

ichc-jingle-bells_zpsed97098b.jpg

(Meowy Catmas, eberybuddy!)

I'm considering venturing into writing Merlin fanfiction, even though I've only seen the first season. I've watched quite a few short fan videos (compilations of favorite scenes) and it occurred to me that it doesn't look like the show ever did a Christmas spoof episode (even Xena covered that). If they had, someone would have included it in these videos.

There's one clip of Sir Gwaine accidentally setting his sock on fire, so that got me thinking about socks and fires, then fireplaces, and maybe Santa getting caught in some kind of weird time-space displacement...

After all, he burned one sock, so now he has a mismatched one. He's gotta do something with it... (don't tell me about that episode itself, please; I don't know which season it is or which episode and would prefer to be surprised).

I'm considering venturing into writing Merlin fanfiction, even though I've only seen the first season. I've watched quite a few short fan videos (compilations of favorite scenes) and it occurred to me that it doesn't look like the show ever did a Christmas spoof episode (even Xena covered that). If they had, someone would have included it in these videos.

There's one clip of Sir Gwaine accidentally setting his sock on fire, so that got me thinking about socks and fires, then fireplaces, and maybe Santa getting caught in some kind of weird time-space displacement...

After all, he burned one sock, so now he has a mismatched one. He's gotta do something with it... (don't tell me about that episode itself, please; I don't know which season it is or which episode and would prefer to be surprised).

Liking the show now?

Liking the show now?

I still wonder wtf the costume department was thinking with that stupid burgundy dress, but in general, I love this show. It's part comedy, part morality tale, and is a lot less of a morass than the traditional version of the Arthurian legends.

I haven't enjoyed an Arthurian story this much since I saw the First Knight movie (starring Sean Connery and Richard Gere). That one was about Lancelot, part character study, part romance/adventure, and did not feature any of the traditional magical people or events associated with the Arthurian tales. The villain's name did start with "M", though. :p

You can tell that the cast is having a hell of a lot of fun with some scenes. It was fascinating to learn that the castle scenes were shot at Pierrefonds Castle in France, which is evidently a historical tourist attraction that was kept open to the public during filming. One of the actors said in an interview that performing his scenes in front of the public felt like doing a live stage play.

I still wonder wtf the costume department was thinking with that stupid burgundy dress, but in general, I love this show. It's part comedy, part morality tale, and is a lot less of a morass than the traditional version of the Arthurian legends.

I haven't enjoyed an Arthurian story this much since I saw the First Knight movie (starring Sean Connery and Richard Gere). That one was about Lancelot, part character study, part romance/adventure, and did not feature any of the traditional magical people or events associated with the Arthurian tales. The villain's name did start with "M", though. :p

You can tell that the cast is having a hell of a lot of fun with some scenes. It was fascinating to learn that the castle scenes were shot at Pierrefonds Castle in France, which is evidently a historical tourist attraction that was kept open to the public during filming. One of the actors said in an interview that performing his scenes in front of the public felt like doing a live stage play.
I liked it the two main actors made it imho.

That's an interesting staircase.

I debated putting up a tree this year (I have several ranging from 1-ft to 4-ft). In the end I decided not to bother.

Top Bottom