1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

Military Doctrines / Promotion System Rework 1.703

This mod revamps the promotion/experience system to be both more meaningful and more realistic.

1. Ewok-Bacon-Bits

Ewok-Bacon-Bits Chieftain

Thanks for the screenshot/feedback, I can look into changing the numbers. It still is very strange to me that the AI is getting doctrines so quickly, having tech locks might be a decent idea to prevent a super inflation in XP.

2. ggalindo001

ggalindo001 Chieftain

I'm going to run some tests with some modified XP based promotions -- as I agree with the earlier poster about reducing the larger strength increases to something more manageable.

The 2 strength per promotion for individual units appears to be working very well. Not sure if the AI is going immediately to that or the healing, but that piece of the mod is working extremely well.

FYI -- I found that this does not work with MOAR Australia due to a new promotion class introduced in that mod. I simply removed the promotion class (HUNTER) introduced in MOAR Australia and it works just fine.

3. skodkim

skodkim Chieftain

Playing with v 1.701 and enjoying it. I'm in the late classical age by now and the ai is at max doctrine level 2 or 3, which sounds ok to me.

Been pondering about your tech requirement for doctrines though and I think it's an interesting idea, only I think I like the idea of limiting it by era more, e.g.. Ancient= max 2 doctrines, classical max 3 doctrines, medieval max 4 doctrines, ...

\Skodkim

Iro likes this.
  4. skodkim

skodkim Chieftain

Well just to comment on my own comment from before :)crazyeye:) having some kind of era requirement we'd probably also need a XP cap mechanism like the XP cap from barbarians. If we just let a player accumulate e.g. unused 500-1000 XP at the end of an era he'd make a large jump at the beginning of each era.

One solution could be to say that after leveling up to the maximum doctrine level of an era, e.g. level 3 in the ancient if we use my proposal from above, you get no further XP until entering a new era - or you only get enough XP to gain one more doctrine level and no further after that. I think I like solution 2 better.

Anyway, just some thoughts from me :p

\Skodkim

Iro likes this.
  5. Rajendran

Rajendran Chieftain

Ewok, I like you mod very much and had played with it several time. However, the game had crashed several times in the late era. As such, I did not use the mod for a while. I tried using your mod again recently and noticed the following:

The promotion button appears when using this mod with CQUI but the game hangs and goes into a ‘reading’ status and does not progress from there. I have to force shut the civ 6 eventually. I managed to find out that the cause is the CQUI mod. I have tried your mod independently and the game loads ok but the promotion button does not appear on the TOP left panel.

My query :

(1). Does your mod work independently or it has to be used together with CQUI. I saw that your comments Recommending using this mod with CQUI. Does recommend means must use this mod with CQUI
    (2). Does this mod work with other UI mod so that the promotion button works.
    (3). Is there other way to overcome or by-bass CQUI mod and ensure the promotion button appear.

Appreciate your response to my query. Your mod has made the game more exciting to play with. And I would like to use your mod.

6. Ewok-Bacon-Bits

In order to get the button to show you need CQUI, otherwise everything else is independent so you can either just use the hotkey 'x' or use this mod which is integrated in the CQUI mod https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/modular-screens.620112/. This mod makes it modular.

As for UI conflicts this is why I made it modular orginally it replaced the launchbar but that caused conflicts with other UI mods. Now it shouldn't cause any conflicts.

7. Rajendran

Rajendran Chieftain

Great Ewok. I’ll try the modular mod. Thank you for you quick respond.

8. arch.mbadawy

arch.mbadawy Chieftain

The mod isn't on the "Additional Content" panel!!

9. Ewok-Bacon-Bits

Make sure you downloaded it correctly and you can also try to use the steam version as it takes less steps to download/install.

10. Ewok-Bacon-Bits

11. Rajendran_P

Rajendran_P Chieftain

Will this mod be updated for RISE AND FALL. I could not see the icon/selection button on the TOP left panel. I can see from other AI troops that the mod is working as AI promotion is ‘10’.

12. Ewok-Bacon-Bits

Ya I'm working on it. In order for the icon to pop-up I need CQUI to update, right now you can press 'x' and the doctrine screen works but I believe the promotion screen does not which I'm working on.

13. Ewok-Bacon-Bits

14. ctudor

ctudor Chieftain

> [Gameplay] ERROR: Invalid Reference on UnitPromotionPrereqs.PrereqUnitPromotion - "PROMOTION_AI_STOPPER_HUNTER" does not exist in UnitPromotions

getting this error.

15. Ewok-Bacon-Bits

I don't have a reference to a 'PROMOTION_AI_STOPPER_HUNTER', perhaps this is from another mod? I do have a reference to a "PROMOTION_AI_STOPPER" and I just looked through my code and none of those references have a _HUNTER in front. I also just did a quick test and got no error.

16. ctudor

ctudor Chieftain

i got that when i tried to use the mode. have no idea with what it interferes.....

17. Ewok-Bacon-Bits

You could try by eliminating one mod at a time to find the interference and you could maybe try posting a mod list here I can help you out.

18. ctudor

ctudor Chieftain

I found the culprit: Even more units! Australia. Since it is such a popular mod can you post a quick fix pls? :)

Also i am unable to find the ribbon for doctrines.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2018
  19. Ewok-Bacon-Bits

The button is only available with CQUI, or should be. If you don't want to use CQUI just use 'x' which I think you already are.

I knew about the Australia mod, it adds two Australia specific promotions which is what causes the conflict. I can look into a hotfix but I think there was a reason I never added it so it may be something you will just have to delete in the mod files.