1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

Military Doctrines / Promotion System Rework 1.703

This mod revamps the promotion/experience system to be both more meaningful and more realistic.

1. Pliks

Pliks Chieftain

It seems no difference in files between 1.62 and 1.63 version of the mod...

2. Ewok-Bacon-Bits

Ewok-Bacon-Bits Chieftain

The only difference is it should be compatible with CQUI community edition. Is that not working?

3. Pliks

Pliks Chieftain

button 'd' works and panel with doctrines also, but unit promotion popup kinda collapsed ; somehow AI enemy civ can level up units

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 21, 2017
  4. Ewok-Bacon-Bits

Okay I'm assuming that this is with CQUI community edition, I'll look into it. It could possibly be some sort of issue with load order. And the AI can level up there units because they don't need a UI which is the part that is broken since I'm working with it too hide promotions to make it more viewable.

5. skodkim

skodkim Chieftain

Could be incompatibility with another mod? I'm using MD and CQUI community edition, both with latest releases, and have no problems.

\Skodkim

Ewok-Bacon-Bits likes this.
  6. ggalindo001

ggalindo001 Chieftain

It is likely a load order issue. I had the same thing on the promotion screen after CQUI community edition updated. Simple fix:

exit the game -- go to Steam workshop.

Unsubscribe to Military Doctrines.
    Re-subscribe to Military Doctrines.

Relaunch the game -- you should be fine.

You could also potentially update the load order, but for me, this is the simplest answer.

Pliks and Ewok-Bacon-Bits like this.
  7. Pliks

Pliks Chieftain

It was truly load order. Now works all. Thx ggalindo001!

8. Ewok-Bacon-Bits

9. Rajendran

Rajendran Chieftain

Ewok- Bacon, Thank you for the effort and creating this mod. It is definitely a nice mod to play with and with gradual promotion, it make the game more interesting.

Ewok-Bacon-Bits likes this.
  10. skodkim

skodkim Chieftain

Hi

I'm using v 1.64 along with other mods, including CQUI community edition from Steam and I have a small annoyance: Every time I open the doctrines screen and close it again my mouse starts to move to the right. The only way of stopping it is to alt+tab out of Civ. Not a big issue, but a bit annoying.

Is anyone else experiencing this?

\Skodkim

11. Ewok-Bacon-Bits

I will have to take a look at that, strange indeed - I don't believe I have had that issue

12. Ewok-Bacon-Bits

@skodkim so I never had that problem after testing it a few times, perhaps others did?

Also the new patch I think made it so you can't do the launch bar hook, though it may have just been changed. The 'd' hotkey should still work however. I will have to look for another solution because I don't like the idea of replacing the launchbar again which makes things incompatible. Let mew know if you guys can think of any solutions!

13. Rajendran_P

Rajendran_P Chieftain

Ewok, I have been using your mod in every game. It is a very nice mod when playing in tougher level...immortal/deity. I play to achieve a dominance or religious victory to win the game. I do not go into war in the early stage and normally I try to achieved the required technology and weapon/troops before I start a slow war. I noticed that AI player advanced very much faster in terms of experience points/promotion and this could be because AI is literally at war from beginning of the game and thus achieves a lot of experience points. As I do not go into war at early stage, my experience points/promotion is rather slower.

Normally, I download your mod from this website and place in the civ 6’s mods folder and do not use the steam mods. Is there a way I can modify (1) the experience point against the barbarians, (2) the experience point against AI player and/or (3) change the maximum/minimum experience point cap in order the achieve the promotion slightly faster.

Appreciate if could give me some guidance.

Thanks

Last edited: Oct 21, 2017
  14. Ewok-Bacon-Bits

Yes sort of,

1. You can change the Cap from barbarians in DoctrineEvents.lua and where it says "if bBarbarian and xpItem >= 140 then" and change the 140 to whatever you want (for each class). If you want to give more XP which would do that for every civ you could try changing newXP = xpItem + xpChange; to + whatever you want. Changing this too 0 might help the AI get less XP.

2. There isn't any fast easy way to do that specifically so for 3

3. to change costs go to DoctrineManager.lua and find "infantryDoctrineCost = (infantryDoctrineTotal + 1) * 50 + (infantryDoctrineTotal * 40);" you can change the equation there if you want to whatever you want, this will effect AI though.

Hope that helps!

EDIT: Also use CQUI Community edition if you want the button to show up (otherwise you 'd'). I highly recommend that mod anyway.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2017
  15. Rajendran

Rajendran Chieftain

Ewok, thank you very much for the guidance and of course the mod.

16. skodkim

skodkim Chieftain

Probably some kind of mod incompatibility but since it not that big an issue I'll just let it be.

Enjoying the mod! :goodjob:

\Skodkim

17. Rajendran

Rajendran Chieftain

Ewok, the game crashed while playing. Reloaded the game a few times and the game runs one turn everytime before crashing again. I do use several mods (AI+v1.1, Alternate Civ color, GDG Builder can Boost All Wonders in Every Era, GDG Lower War Weariness, Raze Penaly, Warmongering Penaly, Military Doctrine, MuarUnit 1.04, Persistent Religious Units, PlayerSpawn, Yet(not) Another Maps Pack). I looked through the Lua.log file and seems like CQUI had an error indication. Are you able to clarify if CQUI or your mod is the cause.

Also would appreciate if could guide me with the command to ensure Military Doctrine loads last. Thank you.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 22, 2017
  18. Ewok-Bacon-Bits

I've looked at it, I don't think I can determine what the problem is unfortunately, it could be any one of the mods. I thought maybe it was having trouble save/load tables in my mod but I just tested it via autoplay and its working fine for me. The CQUI error shouldn't cause it too crash but its still something they may want to fix because if the CityBannerManager has an error then that means the whole file will fail. I mean it could possibly be the problem.

Is it crashing when you do end turn or during the AI turns?

19. arch.mbadawy

arch.mbadawy Chieftain

I installed it in the MODS folder, it appears in the additional content, BUT DOESN'T WORK!!!
    ANY HELP!!!

20. Rajendran

Rajendran Chieftain

Ewok, it crashes during the end turn process. One query. You mentioned to change the value >=140 to my preferred value. (1) Does lower value (100) or higher value (200) enables faster promotion. (2) I noted that AI promotion is very much faster than human player. Any way to manipulate to reduce the AI promotion rate. The AI ancient WARRIOR can even overcome later era cavalry, etc.

Your mod has made the game more exciting and gives the feeling of real-life promotion to troops fighting the war. Great