"Mine Warfare" and/or "Pirates and Merchants" by OV?

Looks much better. Now for some in game testing.

EDIT: Ok i think they have too much stuff on them.

1. They should not have cargo space. Triremes don't and I don't think it should either.

2. They should have no bombard capability. That should be only for the Siege Quinquereme.

3. They should not be able to entire rival territory. These are not pirate ships. That's what the dragon ships are for.

4. They should not have gold per turn. However the pirate types ships should!

5. In short please make them ave the same stats as a Trireme just with a different free promotion and tech requirement.

EDIT2: Here I made the changes except for the pirate ships requiring gold.

EDIT3: Oops messed up the art. Fixed it.

@mcookie83 and Dancing Hoskuld

I noticed many of the new petroleum fueled ships require Oil (BONUS_OIL). It should be Oil Products (BONUS_DIESEL) instead. Please change so they match the existing modern ships.

Here are some examples of ones that need fixing ...

- Q Ship
- U Boat
- Coast Guard Cutter
- Cargo Merchant Ship

I also saw some of the new aircraft have the same problem.

----

On a side note a bunch of the new unit button/icons look like they don't have the right alpha channel or border like most button/icons do. That should be fixed as well.

@mcookie83 and Dancing Hoskuld

I noticed many of the new petroleum fueled ships require Oil (BONUS_OIL). It should be Oil Products (BONUS_DIESEL) instead. Please change so they match the existing modern ships.

Here are some examples of ones that need fixing ...

- Q Ship
- U Boat
- Coast Guard Cutter
- Cargo Merchant Ship

I also saw some of the new aircraft have the same problem.

----

On a side note a bunch of the new unit button/icons look like they don't have the right alpha channel or border like most button/icons do. That should be fixed as well.

I will do so! ;)

I also will look at the aircrafts...

I found some more, but am not sure what mod they are from ...

Should require BONUS_DIESEL instead of BONUS_OIL
- Cargo Ship Merchant
- Liberty Merchant
- Modern Frigate
- Magach (Is this a UU for Israel? If soe it should be removed since no civ has their own UU anymore.)

In addition I am wondering if the Cargo Ship Merchant and/or Liberty Merchant should require Steel and not iron. Or at least the choice of Steel OR Iron.

I found some more, but am not sure what mod they are from ...

Should require BONUS_DIESEL instead of BONUS_OIL
- Cargo Ship Merchant
- Liberty Merchant
- Modern Frigate
- Magach (Is this a UU for Israel? If soe it should be removed since no civ has their own UU anymore.)

In addition I am wondering if the Cargo Ship Merchant and/or Liberty Merchant should require Steel and not iron. Or at least the choice of Steel OR Iron.

There are naval vessels all over the place. Have been merging the "unowned" into one mod. I was going to put them in the core but SO said he was doing some major stuff there. I will at last put up the tidied version. It has the Modern Frigate so I will change that. Don't know about the others.

There are naval vessels all over the place. Have been merging the "unowned" into one mod. I was going to put them in the core but SO said he was doing some major stuff there. I will at last put up the tidied version. It has the Modern Frigate so I will change that. Don't know about the others.

Go ahead and do what ever you'll want. I am mainly working on Heroes/limited/National units.

When I was setting this up and testing it I removed the civics requirements for the Privateer. Do we need to put it back on? Also do we need to do similar for the pirate buildings and other pirate ships? Democracies probably don't have state run pirates, at least not many.

Should the merchant ships be capturable or defensive only?

There is still something not quite right about the ships in C2C - I need to play through a few more times to figure it out. One thing is that I have never been able to build the galleeass before there are better ships available. Or it may just be that I am not concentrating on sea travel/war at the correct time.

When I was setting this up and testing it I removed the civics requirements for the Privateer. Do we need to put it back on? Also do we need to do similar for the pirate buildings and other pirate ships? Democracies probably don't have state run pirates, at least not many.

There is still something not quite right about the ships in C2C - I need to play through a few more times to figure it out. One thing is that I have never been able to build the galleass before there are better ships available. Or it may just be that I am not concentrating on sea travel/war at the correct time.

Yes you are correct on the Gallegas. In the last game i started on a smaller island where i could only build three cities. And i had to wait till i founded a tech that makes ship go into the ocean that could carry settlers, and that was a loooong wait. So there has to be something inplace for situations like this.

I dont use Privateer's at all, so i cant comment on them.

To me merchant ships are just a waste of my time, so i never use them either. But then again i dont use to many maps before that required alot of water, but now that i use mapscripts, i see i dont have much of a choice but to use water/ships. So again i cant comment much about those. I really have never used ships except to defend my territory and to transfer settlers to a new point before in my games. I once in awhile used subs also but very rarely. PLUS i use Epic So alot of the stuff i do is for NOT in a Snail game, sorry. Way different playing styles, sorry:blush:

What were the civic restrictions? But I do agree out the democracy comment.

I think they should be both capturable and defense only. They should not try to battle with their merchant ships.

There is still something not quite right about the ships in C2C - I need to play through a few more times to figure it out. One thing is that I have never been able to build the galleeass before there are better ships available. Or it may just be that I am not concentrating on sea travel/war at the correct time.

I cannot say I have not played enough with those sea units yet.

On a side note a bunch of the new sea units (and air units) need better icon buttons. They don't seem to have the right alpha channels or borders on them. Somone needs to fix them.

Thinking on it, they are capturable from the war prizes mod.

Privateers were only buildable with CIVIC_MERCANTILISM, CIVIC_NATIONALIST and CIVIC_FEUDAL.

I would add Despotism and Monarchy to the list myself and apply it to all pirate ships and buildings.

SO, I find merchant ships useful when I just that extra bit of cash. ;)

SO, I find merchant ships useful when I just that extra bit of cash. ;)

See i thought that also, but dont you need "open" borders first? Otherwise i cant use them?? Am i wrong again??

@mcookie83

You still going to convert the mine warfare mod? I am very much looking forward to it in my game.

Hey, buddy!

Surely I do! I was away for a short while... long story, short conclusion!

I merged it already I just have a problem with the Land Mine Sweeper, he walks like an idiot and talks like an idiot. I have to figure what graphics are needed... I'm still learning - neverending story!

I also merged a lot of industrial/modern units from MaxRiga's mods and EliteUnits for Cultures (tanks for germans and other civs) I just have to make them compatible with the new resources (btw great job!)...

For the next two weeks I'm finishing Mine Warfare and added most of the other units.

Is that a plan? Isn't it??? :D

I'm looking forward!

Awesome. If you are having problems with buttons let me know. Many of the aircraft and ships you made before had poorly done icon/buttons. I am currently trying to fix them up since they were missing the alpha channels and border. If any of the mine stuff has similar stuff let me know so I can try to fix them.

is it possible that merchant ships are allowd to hutty production ? i would be interesting ig players could support overseas cities in war times for example

Top Bottom