1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

MMod

Discussion in 'Civ 4 - K-Mod: Far Beyond the Sword' started by Mattygerst, Dec 2, 2012.

1. Mattygerst

Mattygerst Prince

MMod (Kmodv1.40) coming shortly (by this weekend)

Joseph II:
    Mastery is NOT mandatory to play.

2. JosEPh_II

JosEPh_II TBS WarLord

Thanks Matty! :thumbsup:

JosEPh

3. keldath

keldath LivE LonG AnD PrOsPeR

nice to see mm is active

4. Mattygerst

Mattygerst Prince

Version 1.40 uploaded.

Sevopedia should be fixed in this version as well.

5. Danwood

Danwood Warlord

BAT 4.1 has been released, Matty lemme know if you're going to update, otherwise i can find someone for you to take over the project :p:D

6. Mattygerst

Mattygerst Prince

I update along w/ Karadoc..

7. Danwood

Danwood Warlord

BTW, is there actual evidence that Mastery cripples AI? I'm really keen in using Mastery because it really makes the mage immersive, but on the other hand i choose K-Mod mainly for the AI enhancements :p

8. Merkill

Merkill Chieftain

Any news on an update with batmod4.x ?

9. Zacar

Zacar Warlord

The download link is rather slow.

How do I edit this?

10. karadoc

karadoc AI programmer

There's a number called RAZING_HIGH_POPULATION_LIMIT at the bottom of GlobalDefinesAlt.xml.

What is new in batmod 4?

11. Zacar

Zacar Warlord

I assume the regular AI is affected by ingame score (differences). I wonder how much of that the AI replaces (or should replace) with Mastery score (or subscores) when Mastery victory is enabled.

The foreign advisor glance screen doesn't scale for my >18 civ games.

Some ingame images are smaller than expected (leaderheads in sevopedia, in advisors, other images of that size). I did set the graphic settings low, but I'm not sure if this is intended, as only random images of that particular supposed size shrink.

Can I conquer cities of size 1? Sometimes it seems to happen, sometimes they get razed.

I have one suggestion for flavour:

If I play with barbarians on, the conquered barbarian cities can change the progression of the game somewhat. I feel that it would be more atmospheric if barbarian-founded cities never grew beyond size 1, and would hence be always razed. If barbarians manage to conquer a larger city, they could hold it as-is (similar no-growth management), which would make it likely to be conquerable, which makes sense in that case. This might be somewhat similar to civ2, although it has been a long time..

12. rtt4a

rtt4a Prince

Hi Matty
    Are you going to update MMod?

13. Alrik2002

Alrik2002 Warlord

Hi Matty,

I tried to make a mod based on Better BAT AI for a private Pitboss game. I´ve added several additional features but it seems, that Better BAT AI is causing some OOS I can´t solve. It´s also known, that there could be problems with it in MP-games. We love the Options which came with BUG and the flavor with BAT and if I see it correctly you´ve made a mod which could be superb for us, since your mod is based on K-Mod, which should be good for MP-games and uses most of the BUG-features, and you´ve added the Varietas Delectat...:goodjob:

I´ve downloaded your mod and I´ve one question. Since I would like to add some features which requiring sdk-changes is there a possibility to get the source-files? Or are they already within the mod and I´ve not seen them?

Thank you very much!

EDIT: Since I found the source files of the K-Mod I would only need the ones you´ve changed. Did you make any SDK-changes beside the mastery victory condition?

14. Alexej

Alexej Prince

Good mod, thanks for your work with units, i hope you will update this mod and add new civilizations too

15. RyanTheGreat

RyanTheGreat Warlord

Id love to see some civs added maybe new world civs if anyone is continuing this.

16. Mattygerst

Mattygerst Prince

Updated with KMod v1.44b 1/13/2015

Thank you to Karadoc for his tremendous work

17. brun58

brun58 Warlord

Thanks for the update :D

18. Mattygerst

Mattygerst Prince

Would anyone be interested in additional civilizations/leaders and hand-built scenarios created on the Giant Earth Map that comes with this mod?

19. brun58

brun58 Warlord

I think that would be pretty cool honestly, if you were able to find some free time to be able to.

20. Dancing Hoskuld

Dancing Hoskuld Deity

Attached is the basics for adding the Orthodox religion. The source for most of the art is the Rapture Mod by Johny Smith. I have listed the problems in a text document (source.txt) in the attachment.

There is still much work to get this working in this mod so don't just put it in the Modules folder and expect it to work.

edit There were a couple of very bad errors in that code:D the temple was defined to the wrong religion for starters.:rolleyes: