[MOD] GreenMod (replant forest and other changes)

I like your Mod a lot. Its really fun with all the new recources, but I've got a little problem.
I've installed the Mod just as Its described, but plantig new forests doesnt work. The button is there and the workers work the time they should, but when they're finished, no forest appears.

Thats strange, 'cos in the Fall from Heaven Mod it works.

I can't download the file! Have you moved it?

Where from?

Master Lexx could you please provide a mirror for your fine mod. Not being able to download your mod and the message to check back in a few hours is contrary to the high level of work you do elsewhere.

Availability of your work should be a priority.

Cheers.

I am so sorry, I accidently uploaded it into the /num subdirectory, but now it´s again at the correct position! I didn´t knew I had have so many fans that awaited GreenMod.

what about adding land mines that a certain unit could place but is weak in combat like strengt 1 or sopmething but the mines cant hurt that unit. the unit can also destroy enmay mines.

and also sea mines which are placeted in the ocean the mines are invisble. sub cant get hurt by the mines.

also what about boarding enamy ships whewre if your ship get near a enamy if u have units they could fight the othere units if no units abourd free ship. and same when if a sheep touches land.

tobaco or alchol whould be nice where it gives +2 happy but -1 sick.

:goodjob:

thanks and keep up the work

@Teh_Hunter: land mines aren´t that good, the ai won´t be able to use themaand it may be a too big advantage for humans and you would need to place them all over the coast, this costs much gold.

Boarding enemy ships, isn´t possible without some big python knowledge or maybe even then not.

Tobacco, I don´t like tobacco, it makes people ill and they die to fast. alcohol is already there... it´s made out of wheat or sugar or wine, maybe an additional national wonder that makes +1 happy and -1 helath with those resources.

Wonderful MOD! Makes a great game even better. Thank you so much.

Can you tell me whether anyone has merged your mod with the FexFX 'bigger' mod? That would be my ideal game.

There are 2 mods that I want to use, one is the Blue Planet which works with every mod and the other is the Greenmod because I like the extra resources.

It would be good Master Lexx if you could let us know who has used your mod in a compilation mod so that we can keep tabs and try them out.

I haven't actually used this mod to replant forests but I like the idea a lot.

Perhaps you can consider planting different types of forests that have various effects. The graphics would be awesome.

The pine tree is my favourite tree but there are many other really nice trees to consider.

I don't like tobacco but I would like to see even more resources added. It just makes the game a lot more fun.

Keep up the good work.

I know of some mods which have merged GreenMod.

Realism:Resurrected http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=151947

Sevo's Civ Fanatics Fusion 2.0 http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=151611

SmooveMod http://www.civforum.de/showthread.php?t=29695

But I still like my mod better, GreenMod is more an improvement of Civ4, it has nothing to do with scenarios or complete and drastical changes of civ4.

Some other mods seem to want to include my resources like Fall from Heaven. I really would like if every modder who included parts of my mod would notice me of this. The only thing I want is to know which mods have them in, so I can take a look into them and that they post greenmod/masterlexx somewhere in the credits.

Master Lexx said:
The only thing I want is to know which mods have them in, so I can take a look into them and that they post greenmod/masterlexx somewhere in the credits.

This is important to know. I would only consider using a compilation mod if your mod was included in full.

Perhaps if you add where your mod appears, in what other mods, on your first post and request to be notified this will resolve the matter.

It is a very nice mod. I haven't been able to get deep into all the various things it offers. I did however find something I found strange. I also have a few questions.

First things first. The Strange.

I created a Chariot in a town where I had a Barracks. My Civics was that of Universal Suffrage and Organized Religion. US doesnt offer any perks to units, while OR gives 2 xp for new units in cities with state religion. I have Hinduism as state Religion. Once the Chariot was built it had 4 promotions of strength already on it, but the level didn't go past 2 once I promoted it again, as doable with Barracks.

The second strange thing I noticed is that I had a settler form a new city. The location was surrounded with forests, but as I placed the city 3 tiles lost their forest and became grasslands.

Not sure if this have to do with your mod, but I don't recall this happening before. Certainly not the free 4 strength promotions anyway.

As for my questions. I don't recall seeing it before but anyway. When researching the tech which allows Iron to show up on the map, one of the perks listed is "Allows Examine" My question is... Allows examine of what?

Also about the ancient temples. On my map I had one of those, when I mouse over it, it says I need Ancient Temples. Is this a tech I research or can I work on that tile when it fall within my borders (Currently it is outside of my borders)

I haven't been able to dive into the mood all that much, but these are things I discovered so far.

With that said. It is a great mod. You have put a lot of work into it and I like that you have included some of the things from Civ III into it.

Lastly. I was wondering if you had any plans to include Coastal Fortresses? I remember these from Civ III, but I have yet to see them in Civ IV or in any of the mods.

Units have a 1/20 chance to come into the free promotion loop. This should represent that some units are more agile or stronger. They can either get strenght or drill promotions. Each time they got one, they again have a 1/1 chance to get another one, maximum 4 times. The chance to get a unit with all 4 free promotions is 1/160 or 0.625%. So be happy if you got one!

Examine is used to build the ancient temple improvement. I didn´t wanted the temple as resource, but without improvement you could build a farm in/on it, but with imp. you become it as useless resource. I will change the name of this for a more clear meaning and change it to not need iron (didn´t knew that I set a tech up).

The forests should not be removed, only jungle around a new built city should be removed. You sure? (pm me!)

Coastal Foretresses, I don´t know them, but I will look into it. (at least we now know that it´s possible to make new 3dmodells for buildings)

Thanks for this great mod, well done on its creation :)

Now for my first question....

I have read this....

changed tech150 and 200 gamespeeds to tech133 and 166

...So using this mod the longest type of game would be tech 166 or would the marathon game speed setting be the longer....?

Good question.

Overall turns: Marathon 1200, Tech166 Epic 1100
Research costs: Marathon 300%, Tech166 Epic 250%
All others: Marathon 300%, Tech166 Epic 150%
(all others = unit build cost/building build cost/anarchy percent/...)

So the overall turns (if you play with a turn limit) are nearly the same.
But research is a bit slower on marathon and everything else needs twice the time on marathon.

Normal gamespeed has all settings at 100%. So Marathon is nice if you like to have many turns in which you don´t have to do anything.
Tech166 Epic is usefull if you just want slower research and more turns but still want to make everything else on an acceptable rate.

I prefer to play on Tech133 Epic, so I have a bit time to produce research or money.

I found a bug...
The Demolition Team and the Workboat are supposed to convert land to water (DemoTeam) or Water to land (WBoat). I don't know if you know it already, but it doesnt work right now - the enhancements on the tile are destroyed, but no change is made further...

So Marathon is nice if you like to have many turns in which you don´t have to do anything.
Tech166 Epic is usefull if you just want slower research and more turns but still want to make everything else on an acceptable rate.

Thanks for the reply.
I do like playing on the Marathon game setting as I feel that each period has some importance and relevance, in terms of the strategy used, and your army. I love the medieval period and it is nice when your stack or two of crusading knights, with their support, are not facing a stack of Panzers by the time they have crossed a huge map.

Now that I am playing a campaign, and I assume that work on this mod is still being progressed, would it be advisable to not install a later version until my game is over...?

Top Bottom