Modern Alliances

It will be a few more days before he replies Dumanios, they have very slow internet in chicago so thats why it sometimes takes dacubz145 days to reply :lol:
The problem is when my computer is starting up i am impaccient so I check threads on my ipad...then the computer loads and I click my account and nothings there and clicking "subscriptions" is all to much efforts...beside didnt see a reason to respond to the last one :D
I'd like to see the beta, too.
Thought you would :D

I want to finish the leaderheads first, then need to fix all the xml and loading errors (all easy xml) then it will load without problem

I didn't use guides while learning xml (which you are trying to learn) I messed around with ROM. Idk what you have on your computer int he UK but Im asuming you are using notepad, I would suggest notepad ++ because when you have an error in xml it tells you the line number and notepad ++ tells you the line number

Anyway once you get notepad ++ (free), pick a mod you want to mess around with the units stats etc (I chose ROM b/c I wanted to remove all future stuff). Figure out how to change movements, cost strenghts all important stuff like that, go through the modiki and figure out how to change more complicated things like combat on a certain terrain or vs a domain. Dont worry about art cause thats a bit more complicated and I actually didnt fully learn that till after 3 or 4 versions of TTT was out. Then try to remove a unit, then try to add one (copy and paste another one and then edit one ) just use the art of the one you copied.

Personally if you do this you will learn it 100 times better than a tutorial. Its pretty common sense once you get use to it (ex. changing <combat>3</combat> to <combat>4</combat> changes strength from 3 to 4, dont need a tutorial for that). Once you figure out how to do everything in the units file, then you can worry about art, which if you cant find a good tutorial I could create one myself it wouldnt take to long

Just curious assuming you learn xml and all what do you plan on modding?

Update of mod: Found several crash errors that are now fixed, I am on Yemen right now of leaderheads so theres only a couple civs left to do so 15 minutes and leaderheads are done. Also I chose Reagan as the US leader not FDR - Personally feel he should be in it since Cold War signified US was the power of the world without a doubt, and Reagan was the #1 president during the cold war, and actually is #1 of #2 overall in history (usually behind lincoln) in severall polls

I didn't use guides while learning xml (which you are trying to learn) I messed around with ROM. Idk what you have on your computer int he UK but Im asuming you are using notepad, I would suggest notepad ++ because when you have an error in xml it tells you the line number and notepad ++ tells you the line number

Anyway once you get notepad ++ (free), pick a mod you want to mess around with the units stats etc (I chose ROM b/c I wanted to remove all future stuff). Figure out how to change movements, cost strenghts all important stuff like that, go through the modiki and figure out how to change more complicated things like combat on a certain terrain or vs a domain. Dont worry about art cause thats a bit more complicated and I actually didnt fully learn that till after 3 or 4 versions of TTT was out. Then try to remove a unit, then try to add one (copy and paste another one and then edit one ) just use the art of the one you copied.

Personally if you do this you will learn it 100 times better than a tutorial. Its pretty common sense once you get use to it (ex. changing <combat>3</combat> to <combat>4</combat> changes strength from 3 to 4, dont need a tutorial for that). Once you figure out how to do everything in the units file, then you can worry about art, which if you cant find a good tutorial I could create one myself it wouldnt take to long

what you say makes sence to me get the basics down and then go from there
I'm downloading notepad ++ as we speak. i havent had time to spend days learning stuff of late due to work and like i said next year im planning on learning more modding, how well that goes is another matter of course :lol:

Ive been trying a few things. i converted the 1936 scenario from GEM to work on my ROM with modmods installed, nothing major i know but not something i had done before so.

i hadnt really planned on doing much if anything on unit arts if im being honest but who knows lol.

Update of mod: Found several crash errors that are now fixed, I am on Yemen right now of leaderheads so theres only a couple civs left to do so 15 minutes and leaderheads are done. Also I chose Reagan as the US leader not FDR - Personally feel he should be in it since Cold War signified US was the power of the world without a doubt, and Reagan was the #1 president during the cold war, and actually is #1 of #2 overall in history (usually behind lincoln) in severall polls

if you think it should be Reagan then thats cool with me, like i said before your the american so you know your country better than i do.

Just curious assuming you learn xml and all what do you plan on modding?

if you mean what made me ask about it, well having converted that scenario from GEM to ROM, its missing units which you have in your mod like frigate or light crusier or armored crusier or ww1 infantry etc etc and so i thought i would try my hand at adding them in my self.

the first unit i downloaded came in mostly KF files and from what i could see any units added to mods as Modules are mostly XML files so i was assuming there was some converting to be done to add it but i couldnt find a tutorial on how to do that.

if you meant what are my plans after i learn more long term. well other than maybe helping you out with modding if you need any help nothing really. ive seen how much time and effort it takes you to make your mod and i dont fancy that my self lol.

i maybe make some changes to ROM to make it abit more to my taste but that would only be for my own personal use :p

what you say makes sence to me get the basics down and then go from there
I'm downloading notepad ++ as we speak. i havent had time to spend days learning stuff of late due to work and like i said next year im planning on learning more modding, how well that goes is another matter of course :lol:

Ive been trying a few things. i converted the 1936 scenario from GEM to work on my ROM with modmods installed, nothing major i know but not something i had done before so.

i hadnt really planned on doing much if anything on unit arts if im being honest but who knows lol.

if you think it should be Reagan then thats cool with me, like i said before your the american so you know your country better than i do.

if you mean what made me ask about it, well having converted that scenario from GEM to ROM, its missing units which you have in your mod like frigate or light crusier or armored crusier or ww1 infantry etc etc and so i thought i would try my hand at adding them in my self.

the first unit i downloaded came in mostly KF files and from what i could see any units added to mods as Modules are mostly XML files so i was assuming there was some converting to be done to add it but i couldnt find a tutorial on how to do that.

if you meant what are my plans after i learn more long term. well other than maybe helping you out with modding if you need any help nothing really. ive seen how much time and effort it takes you to make your mod and i dont fancy that my self lol.

i maybe make some changes to ROM to make it abit more to my taste but that would only be for my own personal use :p
Ehh xml doesnt take to much time really, if you make a mod based on just xml isnt really time consuming, its when you get into art or python or a really really large mod where it redose so much (modern alliances) taht its time consuming

Most americans would say FDR but I say Reagan :D

Currently editing the music before i dont even know what it was playing (computers usually on mute) but now the music you hear will be based on who your playing like before. No music added but say your playing a country like Kuwait, it will play the same music as if you are playing Saladin in regular BTS. All civs will be like that instead of playing just generic music - also it will compress leaderhead file to be about 20% smaller, save a little mod space

Yes that looks right, i skimmed it looks good - only thing I would suggest is getting nif viewer, you can do minor art things with this but more importantly you can see what the nif is - it is pretty important if are working with a file with more than one nif file in it so you know which one to link to (leaderheads have tons). Only thing is when you download nifviewer it also makes kfm files default to the nifviewer and renames the type of file to NIF something so you cant tell the difference between kfm and nif files - open one in nif veiwer, if its empty then set it so that type of file always opens in something random (ex. notepad) so you can tell them apart

Also do you have a .dds reader? I think there is a way to get GIMP to read .dds but I use DXT BMP (I posted a file for that) because it is based for DDS, extremely easy to use and you can make the editor be paint or gimp or whatever you please. If you dont know what dds it its basically 2d art - if you want to create a button or something you just open the file with dXT BMP and save it as a dds.

Yes that looks right, i skimmed it looks good - only thing I would suggest is getting nif viewer, you can do minor art things with this but more importantly you can see what the nif is - it is pretty important if are working with a file with more than one nif file in it so you know which one to link to (leaderheads have tons). Only thing is when you download nifviewer it also makes kfm files default to the nifviewer and renames the type of file to NIF something so you cant tell the difference between kfm and nif files - open one in nif veiwer, if its empty then set it so that type of file always opens in something random (ex. notepad) so you can tell them apart

Also do you have a .dds reader? I think there is a way to get GIMP to read .dds but I use DXT BMP (I posted a file for that) because it is based for DDS, extremely easy to use and you can make the editor be paint or gimp or whatever you please. If you dont know what dds it its basically 2d art - if you want to create a button or something you just open the file with dXT BMP and save it as a dds.

ok thanks for checking it out for me.

do i need an nif viewer for adding units i download? or is it more for in general?

dds reader for things like buttons, ok thanks i will bare that mind then.

nif viewer isnt necessary but it is important when adding units. some units (ex. paratrooper) have several nifs in the file and if u have nifviewer you can open and see whats what. also when ur borrowing art its really important as usually the files arent clearly named so u want to see to make sure you got the right thing. its not necessary but for such a simple dl it saves a lot of time in the future

LH diplo music is done and fixed, now on to their pedia entrees, im hoping this will only take an hour or so, if so I can get started on the UU's today, if I start on those today Im assuming new version will be out in 1-2 weeks if I do not replace tech tree this update, 3-4 if I redue tech tree. if I decide to reduee tech tree I can release a beta in a week or two since it will have all the UU's so beside techs it will be 100% ready to start scenario creating

well im surprised to hear your working on it, knowing how passionate you are about politics i thought you might still be crying that obama got re-elected :p

but im not surprised he was re-elected as they said on UK news that usually you have to be a really bad president to not get a second term. romney shot him self in the foot by saying 47% of americans wouldnt vote for him as they dont pay tax. that sandy give obama 5 days on tv and took the wind out of romneys campaign and now that white americans are in the minority for the first time the republicans are out dated and need to change.

well as ive said before due to work i wont be able to do much scenario making until january now, i may have time to do abit because its abit quieter than last year but im assuming your gonna be busy with your other mods so unless you want to do some the WW2 scenario may have to go on the back burner until jan.

well im surprised to hear your working on it, knowing how passionate you are about politics i thought you might still be crying that obama got re-elected :p

but im not surprised he was re-elected as they said on UK news that usually you have to be a really bad president to not get a second term. romney shot him self in the foot by saying 47% of americans wouldnt vote for him as they dont pay tax. that sandy give obama 5 days on tv and took the wind out of romneys campaign and now that white americans are in the minority for the first time the republicans are out dated and need to change.

well as ive said before due to work i wont be able to do much scenario making until january now, i may have time to do abit because its abit quieter than last year but im assuming your gonna be busy with your other mods so unless you want to do some the WW2 scenario may have to go on the back burner until jan.
Still would like you to get the beta or new version to see what you think

Not so sad obama won, since I knew he was gonna get reelected, numbers just never added up for Romney to win and like I said I dont knkow if Romney is the answer but Obama isnt - between the two the only thing that im pretty disapointed about is the health care, we need that overturned, no one wants it and honustly Obama would of gotten reelected a lot easier without it. It actually extremely hurt him because the rpublicans won the house just because of it (americans hated it so 2010 they voted republicans in). The whole 47% thing honustly doesnt matter, no1 thought that much of it to be honust, blew over pretty quickly. He got thrown a great opurtunity of the Libya mess and I cant beleive he dropped the ball there

I guess to sum it up, there was an african american on I beleive MSNBC (very pro-Obama) that said "Its very good The americans have decided to give Obama another chance after what happened the last four years" and this guy is very pro-Obama. It really shows you how this election went. Sad the education of america, whoever ended up winning the election was gonnna win by negative adds, attacking the other and telling the people what they want - neither of them had any plans and neither would have one based on their ideas.

oh yeah i would def like to try it.

i watched the news coverage on UK tv for a few hours that night and what i got from what i saw was america seems really divided looking at which states voted for who, looking from the outside it all seemed complicated to me, electoral college and votes that only get counted if its a close call.

and what was that someone posted in the forums on here about complants to the UN about voting in texas, so the UN monitors that went were told by attorney general of texas that being there was against the law and threatened criminal prosecution if they do. is texas in russia or USA? i cant tell.........
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=478673

like ive said in the past, i dunno if its just this age we live in but there never seems to be any great leaders in any countries anymore, there all average at best. plenty of bad and evil ones tho, somethings are always the same :lol:

Personally, I'm glad the election is over. Tired of calls to the house at odd hours in the morning, political ads everywhere, and political partisanship everywhere. Personally, I'm holding out for Christie 2016. Seems like he's the best politician out there in America.

As for the attack ads, they're wimpy compared to the ads of our forefathers.

oh yeah i would def like to try it.

i watched the news coverage on UK tv for a few hours that night and what i got from what i saw was america seems really divided looking at which states voted for who, looking from the outside it all seemed complicated to me, electoral college and votes that only get counted if its a close call.

and what was that someone posted in the forums on here about complants to the UN about voting in texas, so the UN monitors that went were told by attorney general of texas that being there was against the law and threatened criminal prosecution if they do. is texas in russia or USA? i cant tell.........
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=478673

like ive said in the past, i dunno if its just this age we live in but there never seems to be any great leaders in any countries anymore, there all average at best. plenty of bad and evil ones tho, somethings are always the same :lol:
I've never heard anything about your texas story, doesnt matter really to me just seems like another one of your silly stories to degrade america (like the slavery, which was said by someone in a small town government...nothing like a governer), joke but you do love those stories :lol: but Texas is republican, was last 4 years, will be next 4 years so definatly not a big story in america as it doesnt matter

I think america has had recent ones. Reagan was great in many people opinions, he was the 80's. the problem in the last 20 or so years is globalization, leaders become less and less important to the world so harder to be famous for being good, but theres always been evil leader, a lot more in the past then now. I think clinton was actually not that bad of a president for us, and if it wasnt for his sex scandals he would actually have a very good reputation (last balanced budget...impossible for Obama or bush to do). Obama has the opurtinity to be one (1st black president comes in the middle of the 2008 crisis), but so far he aint taking that opurtinity

Gotta keep in mind, great leaders arent great untill years later...No one was talking about how great Churchill was as a leader in the middle of WW2

Personally, I'm glad the election is over. Tired of calls to the house at odd hours in the morning, political ads everywhere, and political partisanship everywhere. Personally, I'm holding out for Christie 2016. Seems like he's the best politician out there in America.

As for the attack ads, they're wimpy compared to the ads of our forefathers.
People responded negative to attack ads, and Obama had a lot of them - couldnt tell you bout Romney since im in chicago and illionois is gonna be democrat no matter what so he barely advertised there). Im glad its over too though

Christie said hes not sure if he's running though unless something recently has come out I dont know about

Christie said he's not running because he hasn't enough experience, so I'm waiting for him to get the required experience.

I've never heard anything about your texas story, doesnt matter really to me just seems like another one of your silly stories to degrade america (like the slavery, which was said by someone in a small town government...nothing like a governer), joke but you do love those stories :lol: but Texas is republican, was last 4 years, will be next 4 years so definatly not a big story in america as it doesnt matter

I think america has had recent ones. Reagan was great in many people opinions, he was the 80's. the problem in the last 20 or so years is globalization, leaders become less and less important to the world so harder to be famous for being good, but theres always been evil leader, a lot more in the past then now. I think clinton was actually not that bad of a president for us, and if it wasnt for his sex scandals he would actually have a very good reputation (last balanced budget...impossible for Obama or bush to do). Obama has the opurtinity to be one (1st black president comes in the middle of the 2008 crisis), but so far he aint taking that opurtinity

Gotta keep in mind, great leaders arent great untill years later...No one was talking about how great Churchill was as a leader in the middle of WW2

it wasnt a story ive seen on any news sites, just on here but theres already 233 posts so im not the only one who read it, i had no idea if it was true or not, was hoping you may of had some idea about it.
yeah i guess i do like to read weird stories, i read one last week which was just WEIRD. an 78 year old women in serbia died and she had decided that when she died she wanted to make sure her husband did not forget about her so in her will she requested a casting of her vagina(of which she had already provided) be put on her tombstone. I AM NOT JOKING, that was the actual story :cringe:, it even made it onto tv here, they actually SHOWED the tombstone :cringe: :cringe: :cringe:

oh please like americans need me to degrade them selves :lol: joke

i liked clinton, he was like the poor mans version of JFK, while JFK slept with Marilyn Monroe, clinton got Monica Lewinsky :lol:

if you'd of told anyone pre ww2 churchill would be the greatest british leader of all time they would of called you an idiot and told you to go away lol. countless people lost there lives in WW1 due to his poor decisions especially the Gallipoli Campaign and the years leading up to the start of ww2 when everyone was all about appeasement, churchill was the only one who warned about hilter.

I finally got up the courage to start a game of TTT with the 1914 scenario. p;aying as Germany. I was surprised to see that Germany has no U-boats at the start of war and Britain has T-class subs that weren't even designed until the '30's!!! I hope the next version will correct this unhistorical situation. Also, I found that the 'Bomb hanger' button doesn't do anything.

Top Bottom