• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Modern Italian General Pack

Wolfshanze

CFC Historian
This is a Modern Italian/Roman General (Warlord) 3-pack for Civ4.

Based on Asio's Modern Finnish General (itself based on Chugg's Polish soldier), I have changed the colors to match three different Italian uniform styles (Field Blue, Field Green & Tropical). I did what I could with the detail work, reworking the tunic with a new cut, collar tabs, sleeve rank, white Russian campaign cross, shoulder boards & Bustina cap... the pants received black & red piping, while the bustina cap got a new Royal Italian cocarde and rank insignia. The rank of the generals in this pack is representative of "Marshal of Italy"... the highest normal rank in the Kingdom of Italy during WWII.

Seeing as there are three different options in this pack, choose one for Rome, or use all three for the Romans, Byzantines and Carthaginians! Your optional uniforms are Field Blue, Field Green & Tropical... all insignia and medals are authentic (exhausting research!)... Enjoy!

Uses Default Modern General Animations.

Download Here
v2.0 updated 1 Jul 08 includes new Beretta m1935 pistol.

Closeup of Field-Blue uniformed General:

All three in-game:

The three uniforms chosen for this pack based off actual Italian uniforms... Field Blue, Field Green & Tropical:

Now I've seen the nifs... wonderful
Well, I hope this meets with native-Italian approval! :D

This took a lot more work and research then I thought it would... I had a devil of a time finding good source material. Finding the proper rank and lower-then-waist pictures took a lot more effort then I thought it would... I eventually found the best pics on an Italian site (in Italian)... thankfully, I figured-out some of my first Italian words... like "Uniforme" (that was a toughy! :lol:).

Anyways... I'm happy with the results... I couldn't decide on a uniform color, so I just went with three.

Here's the Italian answer!!

Well done, after all! Just a little hint: the hat. It should be like the one in the picture.
Here's another picture to show you what I mean:
http://www.esercito.difesa.it/root/organizzazione/img_organizz/socasme.jpg

Good work!
Yes the one in the image is modern of today. But Wolf made modern of WW2. And for me it's really good this one cause already the standard one has the kind of hat You posted. Just to change and to have more diversity

Here's the Italian answer!!

Well done, after all! Just a little hint: the hat. It should be like the one in the picture.
Here's another picture to show you what I mean:
http://www.esercito.difesa.it/root/organizzazione/img_organizz/socasme.jpg

Good work!
Nope... couldn't agree less... this is a Modern WWII Italian General, and I purposely used the Bustina Cap, which was a very common (and popular) piece of headgear used by officers of the Kingdom of Italy (this is modeled specifically for the Kingdom of Italy, circa 1939-1943 timeframe).

This is a WWII Italian Officer, and it's what I modeled this guy after:

Yes, I could have given him a big round bus-driver cap if I wanted (they were also used in WWII)... but there's at least 32 other civs with bus driver caps... i was going for a more unique look, and only the Italians have the Bustina cap!

P.S.
"Modern" in Civ4 terms means anything from the Industrial age (mid 1800s) to Future techs... not just 2008... so WWII falls squarely in the middle of "Modern" in Civ4 terms.

I'm not sure I get the meaning of that cover Xeno... and what exactly does it have to do with Italian Generals? I mean it's a snappy uniform, but I was working on Italians, not Germans.

Yeah... and... ?!?!?!?

It's Captain Courageous... that's hardly anything new for him... there's plenty more where that came from.

And it's funny.
Captain Courageous is a funny guy... if you visit his website, you'll see he's a man of many uniforms. Any uniform modder worth their salt should have his website bookmarked.

Captain Courageous is a funny guy... if you visit his website, you'll see he's a man of many uniforms. Any uniform modder worth their salt should have his website bookmarked.
He's an "inspiring musa " :lol:.

Just an other idea for a new creation: Canada General

Attachments

• Calgary-Highlander_small.jpg
    Calgary-Highlander_small.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 183
He's an "inspiring musa " :lol:.

Just an other idea for a new creation: Canada General
Pfft... Canadian General?!?!?... and people make fun of Italy's military... :rolleyes:

Someone else will have to do that... I'm not making a General for the 51st state of America... maybe GM will do it?

Oi! I've changed the pistol like that. The texture is the Berretta 35 but the model is a shape of Your luger... so is not perfect but is different from german pistol... what do You think?
Looks good from what I can see... wanna share it?

Pfft... Canadian General?!?!?... and people make fun of Italy's military... :rolleyes:

Someone else will have to do that... I'm not making a General for the 51st state of America... maybe GM will do it?

Yes, I think GM would probably do it. Chances are he will have loads of free time after that last statement of yours. :D

Top Bottom