[modmodmod] SOI expanded

Editing the spawn plots are easy- they're just coordinates, stemming from the bottom left corner. You don't need any python knowledge to edit that, just add 15 to all of the x coordinates and 5 to all of the y coordinates. I'm not sure where regions are handled, but it's most likely just a grid corresponding to the map- just copy and paste to Excel or other spreadsheet program, add the rows/columns, you're adding, and follow the format that's given. Simpler stuff like this doesn't actually require much modding knowledge at all, just following the patterns given.

This is the reason why I offered help ^^
I think we can asks programming masters like Embryodead or Leoreth if we find difficulties finding where regions/province are handled.

Thanks, BenZL43, I will send you the file this weekend. (Its only the xml that ive changed. I cant send it during the week cause im 16, and my parents dont give me access to the game computer during the school week.

Okay.. Just send me the .py files only that you need editing, don't need to send me the XML etc because I won't understand anyway :crazyeye: (and email have 25Mb limit)
Btw, so it's fixed that the map expanded 15 tiles west and 5 tiles north and south? You're not expanding to the east as well? (it's easier than expanding to west)

Hopefully I will be able to send you the maps.py file today. (my computer is having problems.) What I have done is I have been able to move all coordinates 15 tiles east by inserting a dummy province, 111. I will post here the map of what I would like the new provinces to be. Thank you so much for doing this, BenZL43.

PS: No north-south expansion yet.

Note about the map: The white tiles should be added to Thrace, and everything south of libya should be added to sahara

Attachments

• Provinces.png
    Provinces.png
    209.8 KB · Views: 258
Libya should be at least three tiles deep from the coast and should cover the entire coast. Epirus should include all of modern Albania as well. Macedonia should probably be extended up a tile or two as well. I think that Crete and the Aegean Islands should be their own province. Other than that, the plan and map looks fine.

Sorry, but I don't understand your map. It looks like there's only 7 tiles space for Mediterranean Sea in your map while there's at least 10 tiles in the leftmost tile of original SoI.
Can you please take a screenshot of the map and post it here?

Sorry, but I don't understand your map. It looks like there's only 7 tiles space for Mediterranean Sea in your map while there's at least 10 tiles in the leftmost tile of original SoI.
Can you please take a screenshot of the map and post it here?

is this good?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-10-18 at 10.01.31 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2013-10-18 at 10.01.31 PM.jpg
    289.6 KB · Views: 249
hmm, I was expecting for the space between Crete and Libya; but here it is.
Check whether it is as you expected or not..

Here's the edited Maps.py and also the edited Embryodead's Techical ODS (converted to XLSX) with 15 tiles west ;)

Attachments

• SoI Expanded.rar
    822.5 KB · Views: 152
is this good?
Need more geographical congruence:
-more hills&mountains in Balcans&Peloponnesus, fix size of Peloponnesus;
-Rhodes is located north than Crete(which in one latitude to Cyprus);
-Relf Sahara must diversify, add oases, hills, different types of surface; area of the Sahel in the south

Looking good! Could you post screenshots of all the areas you've added, especially Greece and Libya?

Also, Euboia looks really awkward in that picture. And I hope that you're going to Hellenize the city names. ;)

because you only add 15 tiles West to the province part, not in the artstyles part etc in the maps.py.. ?
I was about to warn you but I forgot.. it's 3AM in Jakarta when I was working on that hahaha....
and probably because we haven't define 109 = Serbia, 110 = Epirus ... etc yet

Hey, btw, do you activate Python Exception?
If there's something wrong in the Maps.py it'll pop up and tell you what.
I could have missed a comma or something else :p
If not, the problem is not in Maps.py~

(Instruction is in DoC's SVN or B&T thread if you haven't.)

By the way, later on you should set an SVN. It'll be easier and speed up this development a lot.

Sorry for the late response. I am really busy during the week, and can only mod friday ans saturday. Im not doun svn, cause im already in over my head. I will activate python exception. And where fo you define spawn coordinates and province names?

consts.py
Spoiler :
# CAPITALS

tCapitals = (
( 6, 63), # Constantinople
( 6, 11), # Dongola
(35, 41), # Baghdad
(92, 26), # Ajmer
(93, 17), # Dhar
(80, 51), # Balkh
(38, 59), # Dvin
(34, 6), # Sanaa
(52, 32), # Shiraz
(87, 20), # Anhilwara
(81, 41), # Ghazni
( 9, 31), # Cairo
(39, 63), # Tbilisi
(82, 24), # Mansura
(49, 47), # Rayy
(13, 54), # Konya
(65, 65), # Urgench
(21, 50), # Antioch
(18, 35), # Jerusalem
(33, 49), # Mosul
(83, 45), # Kabul
(60, 20), # Muscat
( 9, 31), # Cairo # (22, 43), # Damascus
( 9, 31), # Cairo
( 5, 59), # Brusa
(96, 7), # Ahsenabad
(79, 58), # Samarkand
(27, 55), # Diyarbakir
(44, 54), # Ardabil
(91, 3), # Goa
(97, 29), # Agra
) ...

Thanks, I tried editing all the coordinates in the consts.py, but I get an error message "failure initializing python" when I try to load the mod. I am attaching the new consts.py file here. The only other altered files are the maps.py (uploaded by BenZL43 earlier in this thread) and the Expanded map, which I will upload. Could someone please take a look at this and tell me what's wrong?

(The consts.py has been uploaded as a text document, cause Civfanatics won't upload a py file)

Attachments

• Middle East and Greece 750 AD.CivBeyondSwordWBSave
    731.7 KB · Views: 105
  • Consts.txt
    227 KB · Views: 343
Top Bottom