Mom drops 37 pounds on McDiet

Remember, SuperSize Me also questioned Pizza Hut and school food, among other things. He also showed that guy who had eaten 5 Big Macs every day for the last 25 years or something, and were still slim.

Yuri2356 said:
Which was the point of "Super Size Me". The average American isn't making the right choices, or exercising regularly, and the nation isn't doing much to try and stop it.

Well he does a lousy job of that. By picking McD and eating crap for every meal he turns himself into a target and hence the focus sifts from what he was trying to say.

I don't know about you, but I think I got his point very clearly:

- Eating fastfood all the time and exerciseing as little as most Americans does is very unhealthy.
- Having fast food as school lunches are disastrous both for the students health and for their learning, they get problems concentrating and learning.
- Eating just the burgers at McD, in addition to normal food, is no problem. It's mostly the friese and soda thats a problem.
- Having the Supersize menus are not healthy at all.

The only thing I find outrageous about fast food is the price.
A simple "Super Big Mac Menu" is now a 6.5 € (or 7.8 $) ... which is truly out of proportion.

But I like the food and I still have 4 kg to gain ... only the price keeps me away from those joints.

SonicX said:
The only thing I find outrageous about fast food is the price.
A simple "Super Big Mac Menu" is now a 6.5 € (or 7.8 $) ... which is truly out of proportion.

But I like the food and I still have 4 kg to gain ... only the price keeps me away from those joints.

I take it thye don't have the dollar menu where you are. Granted it takes 4 McD double cheeseburges to fill me up....

Cheetah said:
I don't know about you, but I think I got his point very clearly:

- Eating fastfood all the time and exerciseing as little as most Americans does is very unhealthy.
- Having fast food as school lunches are disastrous both for the students health and for their learning, they get problems concentrating and learning.
- Eating just the burgers at McD, in addition to normal food, is no problem. It's mostly the friese and soda thats a problem.
- Having the Supersize menus are not healthy at all.
You mean you had to have a movie to tell you those things?

MarineCorps said:
I take it thye don't have the dollar menu where you are. Granted it takes 4 McD double cheeseburges to fill me up....
We have €uro menu's, you get 1 hamburger for 1 € (1.2 $) and 1 double cheese for 2 € (2.4 $)
Four would fill me up too, but I ain't spending almost 10 $ on that :)
Really, the prices of fast food over here are outrageous.
That also was the only time I remember when watching "Super Size Me", my conclusion was "woa, those Americans are lucky, so cheap :eek: "

SonicX said:
We have €uro menu's, you get 1 hamburger for 1 € (1.2 $) and 1 double cheese for 2 € (2.4 $)
That also was the only time I remember when watching "Super Size Me", my conclusion was "woa, those Americans are lucky, so cheap :eek: "

2€ for a double cheeseburger??!! Over here on the dollar menu everything is a dollar. Including McFlurrys of any size. Yumm.

It's almost funny - at uni I can get real food in an on-campus restaurant for 40 SEK (~$5.35), wheras walking to the nearest McD and getting a BigMac & Co (about the same amount of food) is 42 SEK (~$5.60). One's gotta wonder how McD keeps in business.

(Then, apparently, they recently closed a few restaurants in Sweden.)

MarineCorps said:
2€ for a double cheeseburger??!! Over here on the dollar menu everything is a dollar. Including McFlurrys of any size. Yumm.
Yes, those are the "Euro actions"
Normally, a single Big Mac is 3.5 €
A big coke is 2 €
You get the point :(

MarineCorps said:
2? for a double cheeseburger??!! Over here on the dollar menu everything is a dollar. Including McFlurrys of any size. Yumm.
McFlurrys come in different sizes? Here you get one for £1, it's not really that big. It would be the only thing I'd get from McDonalds and I'd only get one rarely. I'm not a big fan of any of those big chain fast food places.

It is possible to eat healthy at McDonalds. I work there, my meal consists of a ceasar salad with grilled chicken half a packet of low fat dressing, water, and fruit and yogurt parfat. Thats about 400 calories (550 when I add another piece of grilled chicken). However, majority of McDonald's go for the double chesseburgers or big sandwiches. It is possible to eat healthy at McDonald's, but much easier to eat unhealthfully.

CamBot said:
The "average McDonald's customer" is actually the average American- eats lots of crappy, processed food and doesn't exercise. And yes, a lot of people eat fast food everyday.

He imposed the rules to illustrate the effect of the lifestyle as a whole, and the documentary doesn't just point fingers at McDonalds, but casts a critical eye towards school lunches and phy-ed programs, and large food manufacturers.
And the lack of exercise by Americans. Something which I've been guilty of recently.

Wolfe Tone said:
McFlurrys come in different sizes? Here you get one for £1, it's not really that big. It would be the only thing I'd get from McDonalds and I'd only get one rarely. I'm not a big fan of any of those big chain fast food places.

Small, medium and large. If you ask for a McFlurry you get a small normally.

MarineCorps said:
http://www.suntimes.com/output/news/cst-nws-mcd12.html

Well this blows super size me out of the water.
Hardly. :rolleyes:

Anyone can lose weight on pretty much any kind of food. All you have to do is eat fewer calories and burn more calories. Weight alone is hardly an indicator of health.

She probably ate a lot of salads rather than Big Mac's and extra large fries. It means nothing about the quality of fast food, which is still crap. If someone would've locked her in the McDonalds broom closet with nothing to eat but dust and rats she'd probably have lost even more weight and probably been healthier too. ;)

She probably did an Atkins, disregarding the buns which envelop the main course.

CIVPhilzilla said:
It is possible to eat healthy at McDonalds. I work there, my meal consists of a ceasar salad with grilled chicken half a packet of low fat dressing, water, and fruit and yogurt parfat. Thats about 400 calories (550 when I add another piece of grilled chicken). However, majority of McDonald's go for the double chesseburgers or big sandwiches. It is possible to eat healthy at McDonald's, but much easier to eat unhealthfully.
400 kcal? What kind of meal is that?

She seemed pretty heavy to start with. Any idea how tall she is?

As for McDonald's being healthy, it isn't just about weight, it's about whether your body is getting all the good things it needs. Which I don't think it would be if you diet was mostly McDonalds.

SonicX said:
Well, if you didn't ban everything at the drop of a hat... :mischief:

Top Bottom