More Wonders

Dear Sir Pouakai,

I m apologize for the delayed answer.
No,the game is not in greek.
Of course i dont have problem in this.There is no need for games to be written in everybodys language.

Thanks for your approach in this matter,cause each time i say i m Greek,a lot of people jump over me and abuse me.I m a proud of being Greek,and what people worldwide must know is that Debt crisis is not a greek problem,its a european problem cause Greece appears like the black sheep and first subject in Worlds media.Greece economy is only the 2% of eurozone.Sorry for expressing this in a wrong topic forum,but people all over the world must realise that the people didnt steal any money.Our corrupted politicians did,getting covered by the powerfull mass media in Greece,which are take money and salaries under the table by the politicians.
The situation here is an identical scenario from the movie "V for Vendetta".

Thanks again and keep creating wonders"wonders".I m a fun of your work which is finely crafted.

PS:Is it possible for someone to select 3(accident number) wonders plus the lake titikaka in a folder and with this way to play a mod of his own with only these selected?

Thanks makrisgialos, and don't worry, I wouldn't abuse anyone, ever. As for the selection of wonders, if you only download those three and activate them, then only those three will show up ingame. Each wonder is completely independant from each other.

Privet/hello Pouakai. I would like to ask if you could create the Russian statue known as 'Rodina Mat-Zovyot' ('The Motherland Calls' in English). I have seen many of your wonders, and while I've not downloaded any at this time, I am especially impressed with the general qualities and look of Templo Mayor and the Nazca lines. Please do keep up the good work.

I really must praise every single wonder you've released. I've downloaded them all, and it really makes the game more entertaining for me. The sheer diversity of wonders that you've released boggles my mind, and I hope there's no stop to it. On top of that, you really make the artwork, quotes, and descriptions fit so perfectly with the wonder.

Just curious, would you guys ever expand to buildings?

Wow, thanks for the awesome compliment commander! :D

As a matter of fact, I had never even thought of standalone buildings, great idea! Do you have something in mind?

You're welcome. It's well deserved.

As for individual buildings, one good start is to give each resource it's own type of building that makes it more valuable. Something like, if a city has X resource in it's borders, it can build said structure to make that resource more valuable. If you're able to make a building chain to mark the progress of human innovation and technology, even better.

Listing off a few off the top of my head:

Wheat: Bakery and/or Brewery. Adds extra food/happiness for the cities in which they're built. Obviously, you'd need wheat within a city's borders to allow this structure to be built within the city. Both buildings should be available extremely early on, noting how commercially available beer and bread supplied food for the citizenry that worked other professions.

Fish: Fish Market -> Cannery. Adds significant food to said city in which it's built. Maybe even add a production bonus for the cannery, to represent the rise of how preservatives and sealed cans/jars/bags has impacted our lives. No longer do we need to go to the market every day just to have a tuna sandwich.

Cattle/Deer/Sheep: Butchery --> Meat Packing District. Same general idea involving the fish market/cannery line. Pretty self explanatory as to how these buildings have impacted the lives of humanity through the centuries. Adds food and production bonus

Cotton/Silk/Dyes: Weavery --> Textile Mill Adds wealth and production in the city they're built.

Gold/Silver/Gems/Pearls: Jewelers. I know the mint can use gold/silver already, and it'd probably be the framework you'd base any of these building ideas on, but yeah. Having something to supply your population with valuable luxury goods. Tell me the last time you just bought the diamond without a ring or a necklace for your wife/girlfriend? Exactly, lol. Significant wealth growth.

Oil: Plastics Plant The Plastics Plant would be a late game addition (Modern Era) to the game. Adds a huge wealth bonus to the city as it shows the sheer demand and diversity of plastic products in our modern society.
Oil Refinery. Industrial era building that adds a significant boost to production, and speeds up the creation of any unit that requires oil.

For some non-resource based buildings, let's see...

Sewer system: Adds a big happiness boost to a city, as people don't have to waddle through rivers of human waste on their way to work. Industrial era building for cities.

Town Square ---> City Hall. Removes a small portion of city upkeep and adds a slight increase in wealth generation to the city. The chain would work based on the population of the city, so once a city hits...6 population, the City Hall would unlock to add a higher bonus. Having a centralized meeting place where your people can address grievances and deal with government/administrative issues makes your people have an easier time paying fees and taxes (boost in wealth generation) while giving a centralized location for your civil servants to operate (decrease in city upkeep).

Basically that's all I can think of now. I'm sure people have hundreds, if not thousands of other ideas you can ponder. Hopefully a few of these sparks some interest in you

I might look into making buildings at some point, you have some good ideas there

I'll do the Natural Wonders I have right now, but those will probably be done at some point - the hardest thing is getting effects for them.

Also guys, I'm at a UNESCO conference from tomorrow until Monday, so there won't be a wonder in the weekend.

:D First i would like to say that i like your wonders a lot, very awesome work.
Second, may í suggest two new wonders? (both Germans)
The "Kölner Dom" (cathedral of cologne) and the "Berliner Mauer" ( like the great wall but for the modern area).
It would be superb if you could include them.
Keep up your good work:goodjob:

Built by the legendary Nabataeans, Mada'in Saleh is their largest city aside from Petra. It is carved entirely out of rock, and was known to them by the name Hegra. The area has seen several different inhabitants over the centuries, from desert bedouins to Roman legions, but to this day remains in a near pristine condition, partially due to a curse said to smite non-believers in the region. Ingame, Mada'in Saleh provides +1 :c5culture: Culture from Desert tiles, as well as giving Oasis tiles near the city +2 :c5production: Production and +1 :c5gold: Gold, while it requires Construction. It can be downloaded either from the Ingame ModBrowser, or from the CivFanatics download database, page Here.

Spoiler Screenshots :

Hello, I have enjoyed your work with the wonders Pouakai. I recently started a new game that was using many of them (20+) to allow for a ton of wonder building. I made it to about turn 150 or so and hit a crash, "civ 5 stopped working", while exploring the map. I remember seeing that happen before when I used to play games using your wonder mods, and looked up this forum post regarding it:
http://forums.civfanatics.com/archive/index.php/t-431714.html

Was this issue ever fixed?
I went through the wonder mods I was using and found these ones still had "reload landmark system" checked:
Alhambra, Minaret, Golden Pavilion, Wartburg, Temple of Heaven, Oriental Pearl Tower, and Leaning Tower of Pisa. Those amounted to about a 1/3 of the total that I had enabled, so many did not have it checked.

Anyways, I'm kind of wondering if that landmark system bug is the real cause of the crash I ran into or if it's something else. I might try bundling them all into a test mod with that option unchecked and see if the crash shows up again.

Hi!

That will be the cause of the crash, the reason they still have that option is I have been waiting to have reason to release a new version. If / When I get new icons for the Golden Pavilion and Temple of Heaven ones I'll fix them then, else I will just release a new version sometime in the new year. What you can do in the mean time is change your game options so that it takes an autosave every turn (What I have from when my system couldn't support V properly) and when it crashes you don't loose any progress.

I had crash game as well.And the wonders were few,just 5.
I tried to continue that game via the autosave which is always enabled,but still crashed.Anyway,i will try again to play.

One wonder you could be nice to do it,is the hotel in Dubai which is built over the sea.
I dont remeber its name,yet is very famous.

Good to know. I went ahead and bundled the ones I mentioned earlier into a personal wonder package with it unchecked. It seems like at a certain point the crashing becomes fairly routine. Autosaving/Reloading was an option, but that just frustrates me after a couple times.

I discovered a problem with the Kronborg wonder yesterday. One of its Flavor tags is missing, which renders the wonder unusable with VEM.

Top Bottom