More Wonders

I had crash game as well.And the wonders were few,just 5.
I tried to continue that game via the autosave which is always enabled,but still crashed.Anyway,i will try again to play.
That doesn't sound like it would be an issue with my mods, what others do you have enabled?

One wonder you could be nice to do it,is the hotel in Dubai which is built over the sea.
I dont remeber its name,yet is very famous.
The Burj Al Arab? Guess what, it's already been made by sukritact, who does the icons. Check in the Download Database here, he doesn't upload them to the ModBrowser.

Good to know. I went ahead and bundled the ones I mentioned earlier into a personal wonder package with it unchecked. It seems like at a certain point the crashing becomes fairly routine. Autosaving/Reloading was an option, but that just frustrates me after a couple times.
What I normally find is it seems to get better afterwards. I typically have a crash or two ~150, and then it's fine afterwards.

Ok, I have an idea of SDI World Wonder. In theory it will add NukeImmune to all new units.
In UnitsPromotions table there is such column like NukeImmune so I think that it is possible. I don't know if it is active or not but it is worth to try. I want make TECH_ROCKETRY as requirements. What do you think about it? Maybe someone could make art for such wonder.

EDIT:
HiddentNationality is also interesting column name :)

Attachments

• nuke.jpg
    nuke.jpg
    102 KB · Views: 239
Interesting idea, but there are a few issues I see with that:
- It would make the builder's units insanely overpowered, imagine an army that can't be killed by Nukes.
- One thing we would need to check is wether the column actually works, something which is hard to check ingame.

I am intrigued by the Hidden nationality though... :mischief:

On another note, just three more days until the release of the wonder pack, and still nobody has guessed what it is!

Interesting idea, but there are a few issues I see with that:
- It would make the builder's units insanely overpowered, imagine an army that can't be killed by Nukes.

It depends on wonder cost e.g 3500 or more. Balance is not a issue but I dont like the idea that sdi protect units not a city. Nuks dont have alternative now but we need better idea for that.

- One thing we would need to check is wether the column actually works, something which is hard to check ingame.

It is easy for test with Map option in FireTuner. Just build wonder than autoplay 1 tun and change player, add nuke and test promotion.

Checking this topic again after a long time and wow! Some wonders are simple irresistible :) I will add the Terracotta Army, Leshan Giant Buddha, Grand Canal, Mount Rushmore and Empire State Building: I feel that's about the maximum my mod can handle :crazyeye: I will change the effects though for a better fit.

I also saw the great art you did for 4 of the BMF wonders Sneaks (way better than my versions!); do you (or Pouakai) mind if I use these in Uomo Universalis? I mean, it doesn't feel right to take art created for a project (Project Phoenix?) that is not yet released...

I'll give you all credit of course!

Checking this topic again after a long time and wow! Some wonders are simple irresistible :) I will add the Terracotta Army, Leshan Giant Buddha, Grand Canal, Mount Rushmore and Empire State Building: I feel that's about the maximum my mod can handle :crazyeye: I will change the effects though for a better fit.

I also saw the great art you did for 4 of the BMF wonders Sneaks (way better than my versions!); do you (or Pouakai) mind if I use these in Uomo Universalis? I mean, it doesn't feel right to take art created for a project (Project Phoenix?) that is not yet released...

I'll give you all credit of course!

Feel free to use any of the reduxes of art for your projects. I'd rather all mods had the best art available.

Thank you!

I think that Abraj al Bait Towers need buffing to 5 culture per resource.
And: Yes, I agree.

And another wonder suggestion: the Delta Works. It could have a large production bonus on coast and river and provide massive great engineer points. Late wonders require big, big effects.

Hey Moriboe, glad to see you like them!

They are still part of BMF, so sure, take them! I'll be using them too though, and as per a request probably release them seperate as well.

I will buff Abraj al Bait in the next version.

Now, it's just under two days away from the December 18 wonder pack. Here is one of the icons, can anyone guess what it is? As usual, credit to sukritact!

I'm just checking out this wonders thread for the first time - yeah, I know, that's rather late - but this all looks like wonderful stuff.

I only downloaded the Ancient Wonders official DLC a few weeks ago, but seeing the wonders in this thread I think I'll disable that DLC and play with some of the ones here.
I don't like to spam my game full of wonders, but to play with a couple of different ones for variation could be very nice.
Yeah, sukritact makes mouth watering images.
Keep up the good work, guys! :goodjob:

No, but I know I've seen it before... is it in Russia or France?

Sorry, not in either of those two countries.

I'm just checking out this wonders thread for the first time - yeah, I know, that's rather late - but this all looks like wonderful stuff.

I only downloaded the Ancient Wonders official DLC a few weeks ago, but seeing the wonders in this thread I think I'll disable that DLC and play with some of the ones here.
I don't like to spam my game full of wonders, but to play with a couple of different ones for variation could be very nice.
Yeah, sukritact makes mouth watering images.
Keep up the good work, guys!
The fact that you find our work good enough to replace the ones made by Firaxis, even for a little while is really gratifying! I'm glad you enjoy our work!

Arab Spring Wonder Pack

On this day in 2010, a Tunisian grocer set himself alight in a sole protest against police brutality. This flame spread throughout the Arab world, bringing to light decades of resentment brought about by the rule of dictators. A year on, the world still looks on with amazement, as three governments have fallen, many more face massive reforms. The fight for democracy and freedom rages on, with countries such as Syria still gripped in a struggle. Throughout the protests which have come to be known as the Arab Spring, places have been cemented into the vocabulary of a generation. The hearts of the protests - Tahrir Square, the Pearl Monument - and the hearts of the celebration - Martyr's Square and Avenue Habib Bourguiba. These are the four which have been added to Civilization V through this pack. Each one has a different effect. Avenue Habib Bourguiba provides free Stock Exchange. Tahrir Square gives 15 :c5happy: Happiness with Freedom. The Pearl Monument gives 500 :c5gold: Gold to the builder, as well as a free Great Merchant, while Martyr's Square gives 20 XP for all land units trained in the city. The pack can be downloaded from the Ingame ModBrowser, or through the CivFanatics download database, page Here

Spoiler Screenshots :
Spoiler Avenue Habib Bourguiba :

Spoiler Martyr's Square :

Spoiler Pearl Monument :

Spoiler Tahrir Square :

Such as? I only know of Grand Canal (Flat coastal, which is justified) and Torre Del Oro (River coastal, which is a good starting area anyway)

Anyway,

Itsukushima Shrine (v.1) has been released!

Download it Here or via the ingame mod browser.

Spoiler :

This one is one of my favorites, although I feel the 2 artist slots are unnecessary.
Good idea to have culture from see tiles though!

:D First i would like to say that i like your wonders a lot, very awesome work.
Second, may í suggest two new wonders? (both Germans)
The "Kölner Dom" (cathedral of cologne) and the "Berliner Mauer" ( like the great wall but for the modern area).
It would be superb if you could include them.
Keep up your good work:goodjob:

Sorry for my own quote, but i get no response.

Btw the new wonders are looking great.

Sorry for my own quote, but i get no response.

Btw the new wonders are looking great.

Sorry about that, I was hard at work on the Arab Spring Wonders.

I think the Berlin Wall may be a bit controversial. I like the Cologne Cathedral though, I'll put that on the list.

Sorry about that, I was hard at work on the Arab Spring Wonders.

I think the Berlin Wall may be a bit controversial. I like the Cologne Cathedral though, I'll put that on the list.

No problems. I would like to have some kind of wall for the modern Era, maybe with a limit of 2 movements.
In fact some lands got still (north Korea)have its own kind of wall.

Top Bottom