More Wonders

Hey guys,

As I'm sure you've all heard there's a new expansion on the horizon: Gods and Kings. This is amazing news, as it will surely allow me to greatly increase what I can do when creating these wonders. Also, there are 9 new wonders in the game, so far two of them I have done - The Terracotta Army and Great Mosque of Djenne. The only other known one, Petra, was previously done by Ambrox62. These mods probably won't be updated following the release, so just a heads up.

EDIT: Also, can I just get a quick poll as to the numbers of people who will be buying the expansion, or not? This will help me determine what to do regarding religion etc.

I'm definitely buying it. Even if it magically doubles in price between now and the release, this is too good to miss out on.
I would love to see some of the current wonders (Sistine Chapel, Dome of the Rock, Santa Maria delle Grazi, Itsuyama Shrine, Golden Pavillion, etc.) get religious abilities.
Okay, maybe not all of those, but some of the major ones.

Hey guys,

As I'm sure you've all heard there's a new expansion on the horizon: Gods and Kings. This is amazing news, as it will surely allow me to greatly increase what I can do when creating these wonders. Also, there are 9 new wonders in the game, so far two of them I have done - The Terracotta Army and Great Mosque of Djenne. The only other known one, Petra, was previously done by Ambrox62. These mods probably won't be updated following the release, so just a heads up.

EDIT: Also, can I just get a quick poll as to the numbers of people who will be buying the expansion, or not? This will help me determine what to do regarding religion etc.

I'm getting it! It's a good thing it's coming too, I was honestly thinking we were running out off effects.

Maybe you can update a few of the older ones as well, like Karnak. And since it's going to be two or three more months until gods and kings arrive, have you considered updating the mosque of djenne and the terracotta army to using the new official splash images?

Awesome, glad to see enthusiasm!

sukritact, I'm hoping that Ambrox62 and/or elprofesor will have time to do some more translations soon, as that was mainly what I was waiting for. I'm thinking of redoing the Karnak splash, but in all honesty there isn't really another image which I can use, so help would be much appreciated! As for the official splash releases, I'm not even sure if that's allowed, hopefully someone will be able to shed some light on the matter for me!

I was honestly thinking we were running out off effects.

we can use effects like WLTK day, bonuses for capturing cities, resistance (e.g. putting random enemy cities to resistance, or half resistance when capturing cities or whatever), bonuces for meeting civs, pop growth, making deals etc etc

Time to learn, padawan! I could probably help cook some Lua up for you as well.

Feel free to use the lua effects I have laying around. I have in fact not uploaded any of my mod components to the mod browser.
I have another if interested: +1 :c5culture: in this City for every World Wonder you possess. I put it on the Louvre in my mod.

Göbekli Tepe

Göbekli Tepe predates even Agriculture, and is the oldest known man-made religious site on Earth, predating Stonehenge by some 7000 years. Built in Turkey, near the Syrian border, the site wasn't identified until the 1960's, when it was thought to be a Byzantine cemetery. The site was not excavated properly until 1995, when the true nature was revealed. Several of the large monolithic pillars, which were all quarried on site with flint tools and transported uphill with Neolithic technologies, feature animal motifs which are believed to be sacred. Ingame, Göbekli Tepe provides +2 :c5faith: Faith from every source of Stone and Marble worked by the city, and does not require a technology. It can be downloaded from either the Ingame ModBrowser, or via the CivFanatics Download Database, page Here

Spoiler Screenshots :

:D Great work. Looks wonderfull, will play my next game with it.
Thanks
:woohoo:

I don't know why, but I get the strangest satisfaction building this as the Ottomans, considering this is located in Turkey. I found it most useful during my more militaristic runs, when I focused on maintaining my military and infrastructure more than my culture, and this gave me an early culture boost that really made the difference to my expansion. Keep up the good work.

So, I'm trying to make a 600 AD scenario and most of the wonders in the vanilla game don't really fit in with what I'm trying to do. And every time I do a search for some of the ones I think would be good, seems to be one of your wonders :p

Anyway, the Mahabodhi temple has been suggested already, plus I imagine most people know about it from civ IV

I can't seem to find the Kaaba or even the Masjid al-Haram either, against civ IV...

And of course, in searching for something that would count as a world wonder from this time period, I find out of left field The Ark fortress of Bukhara, built originally before (And pretty much the only thing I could find from central Asia built before) the Arabs had arrived. Even if apparently it's been destroyed and rebuilt many many times...

Hey! So would you like me to make those wonders?

Also, guys. Just as a quick note, the list on the OP is just for what wonders I am planning to do. If you ever want to make your own wonder as one on the OP just send me a PM, and if it's not in progress or one of my favourites you'll be able to have it! Cheers!

Pu'ukohola Heiau

One of the last surviving great Hawaiian Temples, Pu'ukohola Heiau (Temple on the Hill of the Whale) was constructed prior to the unification of Hawaii by future king Kamehameha, when his chiefdom was only in control of the Western side of the island of Hawai'i (The Big Island). The rocks used to construct it were moved by means of human chain around 25 kilometres (14 miles) from the quarry, and the temple was built in less than a year, and dedicated to the Hawaiian War God. Ingame, Pu'ukohola provides +20 XP for Land and Naval units trained in the city. In addition to this, it provides the Amphibious promotion to all newly trained land units, and provides +3 :c5faith: Faith for all Sea resources. Pu'ukohola Heiau can be downloaded from the Ingame ModBrowser, or from the CivFanatics download database, page Here

Spoiler Screenshots :

Man, this is sweet, a masterpiece really, and I measure my words.

And Sukritact's art is getting impossibly better and better.

Top Bottom