More Wonders

Pouakai - how come just the Gate of the Sun rather than Pumapunku as a whole? Pumapunku is quite a marvel to behold - even in its broken up state. I believe its said that modern architects are said to have no idea on how to recreate a structure such as Pumapunku

Also did you ever decide on Xanadu or not - its kind of hard to do I admit. There are only a few artist renditions of it and the remains of the razed palace aren't pretty to look at anymore - but historically it was a major site and even has an architectural term named after it the "Xanadu Effect [Wanting to build as large and grandiose as possible].

Here is another image rendition I found of it from what looks to be a European artist so take that as you will. I think its a good wonder if its possible to code (not sure it is - might be easier once the DLL is out with the patch) to use the treasure effect from the new world scenario to bring back to Xanadu after each conquest for some sort of bonus/effect.
http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m3ddmnoaV81qg9lku.jpg

I apologize poor looking at my part - I can see a few other drawings - most of them aren't very good though [a black and white drawn palace the more common].

And in regards to Xanadu - the place did exist and is considered a world heritage site (well the ruins of it anyways)

An aerial view of the site
http://www.ucanews.com/2012/07/02/kublai-khans-capital-makes-unesco-list/

And a picture of some of the ruins
http://www.google.com/imgres?q=xana...2&start=76&ndsp=29&ved=1t:429,r:56,s:20,i:299

And this here is a European drawing not of the tower of Babel [Once again apologies for that image]
- http://www.hist.umn.edu/hist1011/assignments/explorers/images/xanadu.jpg

The Pantheon

The Pantheon is a large building in the Italian capital of Rome. Orginally built during the time of the Roman statesman Marcus Agrippa, and rebuilt under the reign of the Emperor Hadrian. Originally built as a temple to the Roman Pantheon of gods, it was converted into a church and tomb by subsequent owners. Today it is still used as a church, with mass held frequently, although its past is still visible. The Pantheon also features the world's largest unsupported concrete dome with a diameter of 43.3 metres. Ingame, the Pantheon provides a free Great Prophet, and becomes available with Mathematics. The Pantheon can be downloaded from Steam Workshop or the CivFanatics download Database, page Here.

Spoiler Screenshots :

Hey Pouakai, very cool wonders. Really well made, balanced and with good arts. But, just in case, have you ever thought about make a brazilian wonders pack?

Welcome back Pouakai, and kudos for this last wonder!
For info, the Ambrox's wonders will be worked on in a few days (at last I got some free time soon).

The Pantheon

The Pantheon is a large building in the Italian capital of Rome. Orginally built during the time of the Roman statesman Marcus Agrippa, and rebuilt under the reign of the Emperor Hadrian. Originally built as a temple to the Roman Pantheon of gods, it was converted into a church and tomb by subsequent owners. Today it is still used as a church, with mass held frequently, although its past is still visible. The Pantheon also features the world's largest unsupported concrete dome with a diameter of 43.3 metres. Ingame, the Pantheon provides a free Great Prophet, and becomes available with Mathematics. The Pantheon can be downloaded from Steam Workshop or the CivFanatics download Database, page Here.

Spoiler Screenshots :

I have a great model of the pantheon. I'll try to make 3D graphics for it late this week.

I converted Walter Hawkwood's pantheon and got it in game. The downside is that we can't do the inconstruction state. but atleast we have a 3D model now. I attached the rar. but you really just need to do the right files and add the gr2 and dds files

Attachments

• pantheon.jpg
    pantheon.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 4,389
  • Pantheon.rar
    766.3 KB · Views: 98
I converted Walter Hawkwood's pantheon and got it in game. The downside is that we can't do the inconstruction state. but atleast we have a 3D model now. I attached the rar. but you really just need to do the right files and add the gr2 and dds files

Brilliant! This might just be the most professional looking wonder mod ever made for Civ V! (now if we had voice actors and could add custom audio...)

Pantheon
Engineering, +10 golden age points per enemy unit killed, +15% military production
can make the script too

quotation:
"To have good soldiers, a nation must always be at war."
- Napoleon Bonaparte

Would you be willing to make the script? I'd love to see this effect in game... (if not on the Pantheon, then the Terra Cotta Army, or maybe something else).

Ekmek, couldn't you get away with using the Oracle for the under construction model?

I made a HB_pantheon model but then looked at danrell's instructions and there is no way to do inconstruction unless bernie or danrell copy the skeleton over too.

This is a giant step for modders :) Hopefully the construction steps will be solved soon. Keeping a close look at this thread.
When the process to add buildings for wonders becomes smooth, I will re-update the Ambrox's wonders with some 3D models. This is really exciting news, and kudos to everybody who are making this possible!

Quite amazing - keep up the good work guys... if I wasn't too lazy [aka time], had the equipment, patience, etc. to learn how to mod - I would love to join what you guys do. While I don't its great to see what yall come up with

Top Bottom