1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

More Wonders

Discussion in 'Civ5 - Mod Components' started by Pouakai, Mar 27, 2011.

1. skodkim

skodkim Deity

Hi Pouakai

Banaue Rice Terraces has a reference to FLAVOR_FOOD which doesn't exist. Maybe you meant FLAVOR_GROWTH?

\Skodkim

2. GenjiKhan

GenjiKhan Emperor

Hi Pouakai

Some time ago,I've made a suggestion of a World wonder,that couldn't be implemented,because of the impossibility of modding DLL . Such thread was:

Spoiler :

I'd like to know if is it possible to implement that,by modding DLL .

3. Pouakai

Pouakai It belongs in a museum. Moderator

I'd say it would be possible with DLL, but I'd like to keep away from the DLL with something like this because you can only have one DLL mod active at a time, which removed modular-ness

4. alexwebb2

alexwebb2 Chieftain

That's correct. Keeping track of GP deaths is as simple as adding a CvUnit::IsGreatPerson() check inside CvUnit::kill(), which would call a new function like CvPlayer::IncrementGreatPeopleKilled(). I've done that with my own mod, which includes a happiness hit when a GP dies.

But even though it's a pretty straightforward change, I think you're right to steer clear of DLL modding unless your mod really needs it.

5. Pouakai

Cheers alex, what I think I'll do is just stick to XML and LUA for the Modular wonders, and then if I'm going to do a larger mod at some point in the future impliment DLL at that stage

Actually, do you happen to know if you can have non-DLL mods active at the same time as DLL mods?

6. trystero49

trystero49 Prince

Yeah, you totally can. Adding a custom .dll is basically just the VFS thing, so a mod that adds a custom .dll will work fine with other mods that don't add a custom .dll (or add a compatible one).

7. Pouakai

Diwali Wonder Pack
    दीवाली

Diwali is a festival sacred in three of India's main religions - Hinduism, Sikhism and Jainism. It is celebrated around the 13th of November, and is commonly refered to as the festival of lights. To celebrate this Diwali, we bring to you a compendium of five Indian wonders - from the intricate masonry of the Hawa Mahal to the imposing walls of the Agra Fort, each wonder features unique attributes and is completely modular. If you do not wish for any wonder to be in your game, simply add an underscore to every file with a title that has the name of the wonder in it. The Diwali Wonder Pack can be downloaded from Steam Workshop Here or from the CivFanatics Download Database Here.

Spoiler Screenshots :

8. Genghis.Khan

Genghis.Khan Person

9. FramedArchitect

FramedArchitect Reluctant Modder

"The Olympic Games" is a wonder available on Steam Workshop. I think it adds culture and faith, as well as a free Colosseum.

As far as these Indian wonders, I really like how the Harmandir's trait scales with the empire, is not a flat bonus, and merges the cultural and economic aspects of the game. It's a deceptively powerful trait. Great work on that one!

10. Pouakai

I think he was meaning the Classical Olympic games, which would be why it required Philosophy - the Modern Olympics is represented by the one on Steam Workshop. In any case, what would seperate it from other greek festivals of a similar nature?

On a different note, FramedArchitect's post marks the 1000th post in this topic, and mine the 1000th reply. We also just passed 50 pages, as well as topping 91 thousand views. This is enormous, and it's all thanks to you guys! I've got exams at the moment, so there won't be anything to celebrate just yet - but after exams I should be able to sort something out. Thanks to everyone who made it possible, you guys are awesome!

11. chrissifniotis

chrissifniotis GoogleCiv 2.0.0 coming...

I've got the Olympic Games mod, it has both the ancient and modern games, but I never played a mod game long enough to try and build the modern games. I wouldn't submit the games, even though they did have a lasting effect in the world. I would submit the Parthenon and a religious wonder with a lot of culture, or the Acropolis as a defensive wonder with a faith yield.

12. Pouakai

I'm actually doing an assessment on the Acropolis as we speak - definately religious, there's pretty much no defensive attribute of the Periclean Acropolis at all in the grand scheme of Athens.

13. Irkalla

Irkalla ENTP POWWWEEEEEER

Great Ziggurat of Ur?

"If you open not the gate to let me enter, I will break the door and wrench the lock. I will smash the doorposts and force the doors. I will raise the dead to devour the living. And the dead shall outnumber the living."

Or some poo poo.

14. Pouakai

Well, that's a rather dramatic quote. What's it from?

And guys, this also happens to be my 4,000th post at CFC. Expect some new wonders coming soon (My last exam is in two days) as well as most of the rest back up to G&K compatiability!

15. chrissifniotis

Woot!

16. Ekmek

Ekmek on steam: ekmek_e

I think I know a way to make it a mountain wonder (like macchu piccu graphics)

17. Pouakai

Awesome - but I don't know if mountain would be best - maybe a hill instead

18. Pouakai

More Wonders Advent Calendar

Happy holidays from More Wonders! To celebrate this festive season, we're having an advent calendar, where every day from now until the 25th we'll release either a new wonder or a G&K update of an old one. The new wonders will include art from several authors, as well as featuring some of my own photos as splash screens!

Column 1 Column 2 Column 3 Column 4 Column 5 Column 6
    1​
    2​
    3​
    4​
    5​
    6[/center]
    7​
    8​
    9​
    10​
    11[/center]
    12​
    13​
    14​
    15​
    16[/center]
    17​
    18​
    19​
    20​
    21[/center]
    22​
    23​
    24​
    25​

December 1 - Rockefeller Center
    December 2 - Petronas Towers
    December 3 - Mada'in Saleh
    December 4 - Dome of the Rock
    December 5 - Buddhas of Bamiyan
    December 6 - The Motherland Calls
    December 7 - Churches of Lalibela
    December 8 - Göbekli Tepe
    December 9 - Pu'ukohola Heiau
    December 10 - Aït Benhaddou
    December 11 - Trafalgar Square
    December 12 - Horyu-ji
    December 13 - Haji Ali Dargah
    December 14 - La Maestranza
    December 15 - Cairo Citadel
    December 16 - Palm Jumeirah
    December 17 - MLK Memorial
    December 18 - Pena National Palace
    December 19 - Arecibo Observatory
    December 20 - Brooklyn Bridge
    December 21 - Millau Viaduct
    December 22 - Tokyo Sky Tree

19. Ricard.Bossle

Ricard.Bossle Chieftain

It is possible to play a game with all of these Wonders at once?

20. chrissifniotis

Don't see why not, just go to Mods, enable all of them and play.