More Wonders

Great Ziggurat of Ur?

"If you open not the gate to let me enter, I will break the door and wrench the lock. I will smash the doorposts and force the doors. I will raise the dead to devour the living. And the dead shall outnumber the living."

Or some poo poo.

Wouldn't the Ziggurat of Enlil at Eridu be better because of its centralized impact on Sumer?

Also I am not a modder - but can the code that exists for the UN be exported to other wonders (just curious)?

If possible to do the above, the effect of holding an election could exist for something like an Olympics with a smaller vote requirement? And if possible - could it be extracted to a religious victory wonder like the Apostolic Palace [Translating multiple votes per civ depending on cities within a religion voting for a dominant religion or something like that?]

Yes, that would be possible (I think), but I'm not sure if it could be differentiated between two using the same code - so the Apostolic Palace would still be a Diplomatic Victory. I think.

Sorry for the delay, some stuff has come up in real life so I've been a bit busy. But I should be getting up to date soon

Aït Benhaddou

A sight familiar to the film aficionado, Aït Benhaddou is a fortified city (Or Ksar) located on a former Saharan trade route near the Moroccan city of Marrakesh. It is believed to have been built around the 16th century, and was first mentioned in the 17th. It has since been named a UNESCO World Heritage site and used in several dozen movies, including 'Gladiator', 'The Mummy' and 'The Jewel of the Nille'. Ingame, Aït Benhaddou provides +20% :c5gold: Gold from :c5trade: trade routes, +5 :c5gold: gold with Telecommunications, 75 :c5strength: hitpoints for the city and a boost to city defence, while requiring Banking. Aït Benhaddou can be downloaded either from Steam Workshop Here, or from the CivFanatics Download Database Here
Spoiler Screenshots :

More Wonders Advent Calendar

Happy holidays from More Wonders! To celebrate this festive season, we're having an advent calendar, where every day from now until the 25th we'll release either a new wonder or a G&K update of an old one. The new wonders will include art from several authors, as well as featuring some of my own photos as splash screens!

1​
|
2​
|
3​
|
4​
|
6​
|
7​
|
8​
|
8​
|
10​
|
11​
|
12​
|
13​
|
15​
|
16​
|
17​
|
18​
|
20​
|
21​
|
22​
|
23​
|
24​
|
||
25​
|

December 1 - Rockefeller Center
December 2 - Petronas Towers
December 3 - Mada'in Saleh
December 4 - Dome of the Rock
December 5 - Buddhas of Bamiyan
December 6 - The Motherland Calls
December 7 - Churches of Lalibela
December 8 - Göbekli Tepe
December 9 - Pu'ukohola Heiau
December 10 - Aït Benhaddou

Why do you have two 8 in the table? :D
Where is our second wonder from dec 8.? :mischief:

So GREAT work Pouakai, but I must ask, though it pains me is there a 'select and get
all' download? :please:

..or am I doomed to 4,000,000,00,000 separate downloads:faint:

I have enjoyed your works for awhile now, came to the thread and noticed a few more;).

There is a 'wonders of the world' collection on Steam Workshop Here, which has a subscribe to all button. But at this stage there are no plans for a G&K all-in-one wonder pack, at least until the next expansion or I retire

Cool i really enjoy your wonder xmas.:blush:
Thanks again for all your worke...

BTW i have encountered a little bug in your diwali wonder pack, iam not sure if you have fixed it already, but here is it.
You spelled Hills
Spoiler :
<Building_TerrainYieldChanges>
<Row>
<BuildingType>BUILDING_ABER</BuildingType>
<TerrainType>TERRAIN_HILLS</TerrainType>
<YieldType>YIELD_FOOD</YieldType>
<Yield>1</Yield>
</Row>
</Building_TerrainYieldChanges>

But you mean...
Spoiler :
<Building_TerrainYieldChanges>
<Row>
<BuildingType>BUILDING_ABER</BuildingType>
<TerrainType>TERRAIN_HILL</TerrainType>
<YieldType>YIELD_FOOD</YieldType>
<Yield>1</Yield>
</Row>
</Building_TerrainYieldChanges>

Put simply, No. I've been asked time and time again for this, and each time the response has been the same. I see no point in releasing an all-in-one download while new wonders are being released for that game version. However, I will be releasing an all-in-one pack for the wonders which were released prior to the expansion for the Vanilla game, as they are no longer being produced

Put simply, No. I've been asked time and time again for this, and each time the response has been the same. I see no point in releasing an all-in-one download while new wonders are being released for that game version. However, I will be releasing an all-in-one pack for the wonders which were released prior to the expansion for the Vanilla game, as they are no longer being produced

You could just create a collection that contains all of your current G&K wonder packs. This allows for the ease of all-in-one while allowing you to maintain the flexibility of releasing new wonder packs. It's an ideal compromise, I think.

Except then the new wonder pack will be incomplete, and I'll have people yelling at me to update it.

Why so? You could keep on creating individual, completed, modular wonder packs that are moved into collections, so that users who want all can download them all, and those who only want one or a few packs find a centralized download location.

I think I understand what you mean. The closest thing available to us now is going on Steam to Pouakai's workshop and selecting the Wonders of the World collection, where you can click subscribe and all the wonders become available.
The proposition you suggest is both limiting and taxing for the developer; while putting wonders in packs is a good idea, however the current wonders are packed, it means that new wonders need to be in packs, making the choices more difficult as more and more are made. Plus it ultimately isn't a solution to the original request of an all-in-one, in order to make an all-in-one all the wonders need to be done and the developer can stop producing new material to build it - Pouakai is nowhere near there yet.

thanks for all your hardwork! been following this thread closely and checking out some of your wonders.

speaking of, any plans to for 3d graphics, as was mentioned a couple of pages previously?

Top Bottom