1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

More Wonders

Discussion in 'Civ5 - Mod Components' started by Pouakai, Mar 27, 2011.

1. Pouakai

Pouakai It belongs in a museum. Moderator

Right, so blowing the dust of this topic, I'd like to apologise for my absence and lack of wonders as of late. School and anticipation, amongst the development of More Civilizations has taken a toll. Firstly, I will be updating wonders for BNW, and may finally update the CFC links. However, I know that not everyone will get BNW, so I am currently compiling a wonder pack of sorts which will contain G&K versions of the wonders which will be updated / obsoleted by the expansion. This won't receive support or updates, but might be a nice thing to have. The other wonders, as far as I'm aware, will work with both BNW and G&K, so there shouldn't be any incompatibilities. If there are I'll be more than happy to solve them. I'll also be getting back into wonders shortly, now that I have some extra time having completed assessments. Stay tuned!

2. sukritact

sukritact Artist and Modder

I'm certainly looking forward to our next wonder! Glad to hear this project is being restarted!

3. Sloud

Sloud Chieftain

Will you be updating 'The Motherland Calls' as the Order Ideology wonder? Was really disappointed when it was scrapped, doubly so when the Kremlin took it's place.

Also, any plans on adding more wonders tied to the ideologies?

And lastly, fantastic work on all wonders thus far.

4. gunnergoz

gunnergoz Cat Herder

I love your wonders and while playing G&K I used so many of them that the mod load time was over 2 minutes! It would be great if you could come out with some sort of "package" (perhaps several, say arranged by era or by continent) of your wonder mods that could be selected by a single click from the mod selection screen, rather than just clicking on 30 different ones. Pretty please? :)

5. Pouakai

Not yet. As I have said time and time again, I won't release an 'all-in-one' pack until I'm well and truly done with the wonders. I know I haven't released one in a while, but that was due to other commitments and I still have the to-do list on the OP.

I will, however, be shortly releasing a pack of about 10 previously released wonders for Gods & Kings that will be updated to use BNW mechanics, for those who don't want to get the new expansion for whatever reason.

6. Tim888881

Tim888881 Chieftain

First of all, great work!

Wanted to "introduce" you to some potential Dutch wonders, as I've always thought this game needed some considering the impact the dutch had.

Dutch stock exchange,

The Dutch stock exchange had a major impact on the dutch economy, and is considered to be the first stock exchange.

Spoiler :

Spoiler :

Paleis 't loo,

It used to be the palace, where the dutch royal family lived
    Spoiler :

Spoiler :

Royal Palace of Amsterdam
    It used to be the city hall of Amsterdam.
    Now it is the royal palace of the dutch crown.

Spoiler :

Kinderdijk,
    The famous windmills from Kinderdijk deserve a place in the list.

Spoiler :

And of course the delta works,
    but I noticed that it was already on your to-do list.

7. Pouakai

Since not everyone will purchase the new expansion, Brave New World, this pack includes those wonders which are to be updated to utelise the new features of the expansion, subsequently becoming incompatible. In order to optimise loading time the wonders are contained within the same files, however instructions are included within to tailor the wonders included to your own personal taste.

Wonders Included:
    - Borobudur
    - Broadway
    - Grand Canal
    - Nazca Lines
    - Panama Canal
    - Santa Maria delle Grazie
    - Stone Town
    - Topkapi Palace
    - Torre Del Oro
    - Westminster Abbey

Customisation:
    To tailor the list to your own personal preferences, please follow the below steps:
    1. Navigate to the Mods folder, found at My Documents / My Games / Sid Meier's Civilization V / MODS
    2. Select the Gods and Kings Wonder Pack folder within said MODS folder
    3. In each file within the XML folder, Find every reference to the wonder you wish to remove. These are labelled by text within the comment tags (<!--Comment text will be within these, except for the parentheses-->), and will be green if you are using a program which displays XML syntax correctly, such as Notepad++ or the Civilization V SDK
    4. Around all entries for the wonders in subject (These will be from the commented wonder name and will be surrounded by a Row tag), Add comment syntax, (As above) either side of the Row tags for the wonder.
    5. If this is done correctly for all XML files in the pack, the wonder should not show up ingame.
    NOTE: For Stone Town, you will also need to disable the Cloves wonder. You do not need to disable the font icon, as it has no influence on the game without the resource / wonder appearing.

If any assistance is needed, feel free to ask here. But check first, your question may have already been answered

Requires the Gods and Kings expansion, will NOT work with Brave New World, and credit to co-author Sukritact for all icons except the Panama Canal, which is a residual from the game files. Can be downloaded from the CivFanatics Download Database Here or Steam Workshop Here. ​

8. gunnergoz

gunnergoz Cat Herder

Thanks for all your hard work. Your wonders liven up my games. Us Wonder Junkies spend inordinate amount of time in-game devoted to building wonders, so we are often invaded for our trouble, but it is worth it to admire them in the rubble of our defeated capitals. :D

9. Pouakai

:D

Sorry for the lack of a new wonder recently guys (just realised the last one was in May...) - I've been having a few issues with the splash screen not showing up, can't seem to place the error. Shouldn't be too far off though, then time permitting might even be able to get back into regular releases (shock horror!) In the mean time, here's its icon:

10. Pouakai

Smithsonian Institution

Known the world over as the pinnacle for the field, the Smithsonian institiution is a series of museums and intellectual establishments founded 'for the increase and diffusion of knowledge'. Since then, it has spread to dozens of separate establishments, including the National Air and Space Museum and the Natural History Museum, both based in Washington, D.C.. The Smithsonian has become known for the unique nature of their exhibitions, with the items on display including Charles Lindbergh's record-breaking Spirit of St. Louis and the Hope Diamond. Ingame, the Smithsonian Institute has four slots for Great Works of Art, which when filled with four Artifacts from different civilizations yield a theming bonus. The wonder requires Biology. The Smithsonian can be downloaded either from Steam Workshop Here or from the CivFanatics Download Database Here.

Spoiler Screenshots :

11. sukritact

sukritact Artist and Modder

Excellent; I've been looking forward to this!

12. janboruta

janboruta Artistriarch

Wow, this is great! At first I thought it was some kind of an under-represented German brick gothic church, but couldn't find anything on it :p

May I suggest a wonder? Since Poland is now an official civ, maybe it couold get one. I'd propose Sukiennice (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sukiennice), though I would leave designing its ability to you, as I want to be it as unbiased as possible. ;)

Also, if it wasn't ruined, I would propose Krzy&#380;topór Palace (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Krzyżtopór), one of the most massive Polish palazzo-in-fortezza, with quite a lot of meaning in its design, and once known for its lavish decorations (silver mangers and mirrors for horses in stables, aquarium installed on the roof over dining halls with glass ceilings etc. )

13. liltrogdor

liltrogdor Chieftain

Is this mod updated for BNW?

14. chrissifniotis

chrissifniotis GoogleCiv 2.0.0 coming...

Slowly, but eventually all the wonders will be updated for BNW, as far as I know there's currently five wonders that work for BNW, including the Smithsonian.

15. janboruta

janboruta Artistriarch

But many "not updated" wonders still work in BNW, as their effects don't collide with new features. You just have to check the description and judge for yourself. :)

16. Pouakai

Thanks Jan. Yeah, nearly all of the wonders work with BNW. The only ones that I know don't work are the ones that boost 'trade routes' (Now city connections) as the XML code for that has changed. The rest should be fine, although not necessarily in line with the new changes (Great Artist points need to be removed, for example)

17. chrissifniotis

chrissifniotis GoogleCiv 2.0.0 coming...

:blush:
    Me and my big mouth again.
    :stupid:

18. janboruta

janboruta Artistriarch

And how about The Motherland Calls and Three Gorges Dam? They need Order "policy" to get their effect, but is it properly recognized when Order "ideology" is adopted?

19. Pouakai

I'm not sure, I'm hoping they get their effect with the order Ideology, but either way they'll be getting an update. Someone on steam suggested making The Motherland Calls let you choose an ideology, but I'm not sure if building a communist monument should be able to let you choose Freedom or Autocracy

20. janboruta

janboruta Artistriarch

Thanks for the info!

Btw 1: I think the only wonder that was updated to new trade route system is the Venetian Grand Canal. Still waiting for Torre del Oro ;)

Btw 2: Have you seen my suggestions above? I don't want to be an attention whore, just want to know what do you think about those :p