1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

More Wonders

Discussion in 'Civ5 - Mod Components' started by Pouakai, Mar 27, 2011.

1. Pouakai

Pouakai It belongs in a museum. Moderator

Yeah, I'll update them. Hopefully it's only going to be ones that could use new effects (eg. Mada'in Saleh or Torre Del Oro with the new trade route system) as opposed to all wonders like it was for G&K

2. Aussie_Lurker

Aussie_Lurker Deity

Well, I for one look forward to *all* of your updated mods, Pouakai. I have around 8 of them running on my games as we speak ;-).

Aussie.

3. Pouakai

I've just released an updated version of the Songkran Wonder Pack to Steam Workshop, as it happens it's on Songkran 2013. Happy Songkran everyone!

4. synulia

synulia Chieftain

5. Gilgamesch

Gilgamesch Ancient Alien

Hey Pouakai,
    maybe iam wrong but in your Wonder "Wat Pho" you use
    Spoiler :
    <Building_GlobalYieldModifiers>
    <Row>
    <BuildingType>BUILDING_WAT_PHO</BuildingType>
    <YieldType>YIELD_FAITH</YieldType>
    <Yield>10</Yield>
    </Row>
    </Building_GlobalYieldModifiers>

This works not correctly, iirc the modifiers are not working with faith. In my short test run this also fails.
    Anyway the database seems fine, but i encountered this bug in some other mods before. In the case iam wrong sorry. Have a nice day:D

6. Pouakai

Huh, I just checked and you're right. That's a pain, thanks for letting me know. I'll try to fix it before I go on holiday. In the mean time though, here's a preview of what I'm working on:

7. Gilgamesch

Gilgamesch Ancient Alien

8. Pouakai

Topkap&#305; Palace

Overlooking the waters of the Bosphorous, Topkapi Palace is a large complex that served as the palace for the Ottoman sultans during much of their over six-hundred year rule. It acted not only as a palace but also as a walled village of sorts, with all amenities available inside for the use of the occupants. It also houses a wide collection of relics, including some holy in Islam (such as the cloak and sword of the prophet Muhammed) and others which provide a cross-section of history (Including a collection of Islamic weaponry spanning 13 centuries). Ingame, Topkapi Palace provides +1 :c5faith: faith for every military building in the empire, while it requires Gunpowder. Topkapi Palace can be downloaded either from Steam Workshop Here or from the CivFanatics Download Database Here.

Spoiler Screenshots :

9. sukritact

sukritact Artist and Modder

Brilliant! I see you've adopted a new format as well! Is this going to be standard from now on?

10. Pouakai

I think so, it'll depend on how things go. I thought it looked much better this way, how about you?

11. sukritact

I like it. It'll be brilliant as long as the art is good. (If I make a horrible icon the obviously it'd look horrible...)

And what counts as a military building?

12. Pouakai

Like that's possible.

And a military building is either one that gives XP or boosts the defense of the city, so the following buildings count:
    Walls, Barracks, Castle, Armory, Arsenal, Military Base, Military Academy

Of course it won't work with military buildings added by other mods, but if there is one of those let me know and I can release another file with a readme on how to have it work for them too

13. sukritact

No Bomb Shelters? Although it comes so late it probably doesn't matter...

14. starverse

starverse Chieftain

Wow wonderful icon and superb splash screen.

15. IkM

IkM King

wow looks great.

16. kaspergm

kaspergm Deity

Oh, I think normally people* would distinguish between military buildings (Baracks, Armory, etc.) and defensive buildings (Walls, Castle, etc.). I actually found this wonder pretty underwhelming on that account, so maybe you should somehow specify?

* ... or maybe that's just me?

17. Pouakai

That's what I was thinking, but everyone that I asked before making the mod said that they'd include defensive buildings as militaristic.

18. Buridan

Buridan Chieftain

does Topkap&#305; Palace count Wonders as well? (Statue of Zeus, Temple of Artemis, The Great Wall, Alhambra, Himeji Castle, The Kremlin and Brandenburg Gate) - Well some have not a direct military influence like Temple of Artemis or The Great Wall. But Himeji Castle, Statue of Zeus, The Kremlin and Brandenburg Gate clearly have a militaristic touch.

and about suggestions of new wonders:
    how about a wonder that increases the religious pressure originated from this city

19. Pouakai

Nah, there'd be too many wonders to list (And compatibility issues) if that were the case.

I've been thinking of the religious pressure as an effect, I like it as an option. Cheers for reminding me.

Finally, sorry about the lack of wonders recently - schoolwork and other real life commitments are taking their toll. I'll try to get one out in the next couple of days, but I haven't forgotten about it

20. Xandinho

Xandinho Emperor