1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

More Wonders

Discussion in 'Civ5 - Mod Components' started by Pouakai, Mar 27, 2011.

1. snipperrabbit!!

snipperrabbit!! Deity

Why not having a set of 3 ideology dependent World Wonders per ideology ?

ORDER

- KREMLIN
    - MOTHERLAND CALL
    - THREE GORGE DAM

AUTOCRACY

- PRORA
    - MOUNT RUSHMORE
    - ?

FREEDOM

- STATUE OF LIBERTY
    - HOLYWOOD
    - ?

2. God of Kings

God of Kings Ruler of all heads of state

Uhhh...

You are asking for controversy if Mount Rushmore is considered an autocratic wonder.

3. Inawordyes

Inawordyes In a word: Illyria

Perhaps I'm blanking on my history, but why would the Three Gorges Dam be considered an Order wonder?

4. snipperrabbit!!

snipperrabbit!! Deity

you didn't play Civ4, did you ? ;)

5. janboruta

janboruta Artistriarch

I think Superman II is better as a source for Autocratic Mt. Rushmore ;)

6. northernlion

northernlion Chieftain

Hmm ok I have BNW and while I avoided all the wonders that involve Trade Routes, the game would crash during mod loading with these wonders

Karnak
    Malwiya
    Pearl Tower
    Taipei 101
    Temple of Heaven
    Golden Pavilion'
    Wartburg
    Wat Phra

edit

also for some reason some of my mods dont load even though they say they are in when I load up a saved game. Annoying that half of my modded wonders disappear. Does anyone else have that problem?

7. Pouakai

Pouakai It belongs in a museum. Moderator

Hrm, okay. Thanks. Interesting mix of wonders that are crashing, I thought it could be something to do with Great Artist points but then the Golden Pavilion and Taipei 101 were in there too. Did you try loading them individually or as a group? I ask because there may be a conflict in there causing it

8. northernlion

northernlion Chieftain

At first I selected them all but when I started to crash I then checked/unchecked every single one to see if it crashed

Shouldnt be Great Artist points. Several of the other wonders are just fine such as St Peters

only other mods I have are the Civ name change by Policy, Eurovision Contest, RED (which also doesnt work when I load up saved games), and American passive change "Sea to shining sea"

9. Gilgamesch

Gilgamesch Ancient Alien

Just can say all wonders are working for CCTP, changed some and updated others.
    In the most cases the database showed me the problems.

Anyway gamebreaking bugs are limited, and i doubt that many mods of Pouakai will work that way.

10. Moriboe

Moriboe King

Just an idea for the Smithsonian (which is looking great!): 4 artifacts from different civs is easy to get. How about requiring from the same civ from different ages, but with partial theming bonus like the museum (same civ / different ages)? Don't know the exact possibilities there, but it would add a new twist to artifact hunting. Now it's usually a straightforward "build landmarks domestically - acquire artifacts from diverse nationalities" approach for me. Maybe 3 (with maximum theming bonus of 6?) instead of 4 would be more realistic in that case.

11. Pouakai

I was looking at trying to make it different eras too, but with four slots that would quickly become impossible because it's incredibly rare in my experience to get anything beyond Classical era.

12. danielunited

danielunited Chieftain

Where can I download everything?

13. LordProtector

LordProtector Digger

Can I make a suggestion for a wonder? Since we've had the World's Fair resolution there's been, imho, a glaring missed opportunity in the Crystal Palace. It would appear in the capital of the highest contributor, like the ISS currently does, and have an X amount of GW slots but with some kind of twist. Maybe three slots, one for each of writing, art, and an artefact? Or maybe it could work as a second Hermitage, but instead of +50% culture, it produces +50% science once it's GW slots are filled - perhaps with Industrial art only? It's just an idea, and if you guys wanted to play with it I would be very excited. Of course, I appreciate that you've got a to do list longer than a Bob Dylan song and we already have no lack of Eurocentric wonders, but I thought it was worth a pitch.

To complete the trilogy there could even be a Birds Nest Stadium wonder for the International Games/

14. ilshur

ilshur Warlord

any version of these work for BNW? Awesome new content. As an idea, there is the need for a whole genre of feature that would enhance the tech gained from traderoutes, and at least 1 or 2 wonders that enhanced this would also be awesome.

15. Pouakai

There you go

16. ilshur

ilshur Warlord

And yeah, echoing this guy

?

17. Gilgamesch

Gilgamesch Ancient Alien

We are using a lot of Sukritact and Pouakai Wonders in the CCTP V3.5 Mod.
    So i bet the easiest way would to play this way.

18. Pouakai

Or you can get them all with the Wonders of the World collection on Steam Workshop, there isn't an all-in-one pack yet

19. jabbawackybacky

jabbawackybacky Warlord

Templo Mayor would be fun, as would a Golden Gate Bridge. What about the Ajanta monasteries?

Why? It's a statue of a bunch of dead presidents stuck on land "appropriated" from Native Americans. That and America already has like 2 Freedom wonders.

20. Pouakai

Check the OP, Templo Mayor has been done already. My predecessor (Ambrox62) has done a Golden Gate Bridge too, although I don't know if it's BNW compatible