MS Embassy & Intelligence

PM from MS to Cav:

we are trying to feel SANCTA out on their willingness to trade MC after all yes, we've had a few talks with MS, though I haven't personally been involved.

We just received a letter from them offering a peace treaty. It's a fine deal - basically a non-aggression pact until 1ad. They are hoping it will open the door to tech trades. We, of course, want them to think that we are not in league with you and KAZ. Therefore we are thinking of 'stringing them along'. . .

General_W has requested a chat with me, but we haven't worked out a time. I don't want him to find out that we sort of know KAZ, but I don't think I should lie about you guys: The question is, how little can I say that will still be misleading without outright lies? I'd like him to fill in the blanks and reach his own [incorrect] conclusions.

No surprises here... SANCTA are trying to woo MS. Nothing like a non-aggression pact has been offered to us or Cav

Yes, I believe so. He seems to be handling their diplo. What do you know about him?

Well, like Niklas, General_W and myself, peter_grimes is on the same team in the [c3c] MTDG. We've all been together for over two years now in that game and gotten to know each other quite well. I'd be wary of a chat between any of us succeeding in withholding information without the other knowing something was being held back.

Also, in that game, General_W has been one of the prime movers of our diplomatic efforts. That's another reason I find it difficult to believe SANCTA has not put much thought into diplomacy.

I think that's the plan, but not sure if it's been decided yet. Really need an ETA asap on Sailing

Hey guess what, we've just met MS's workboat in Saturn's territory :D

I've immediately sent them a proposal for trading Masonry with Sailing and OB. If we can get OB with SANCTA this turn we'll be able to get :traderoute: before ending turn for commerce bonus.

Husch (MS) , their turnplayer, left this message in in-game chat:

He wants us to give Monarchy or Monotheism ? (he wrote Mona...) as a deal before its their turn. Could he mean Masonry???

Kaleb, try to send him a note, to ask specifially what he wants.

they wanted Masonry I thought...

They should really have sent us a pm about this!!

Husch is not a great linguist, a German mathematician, so I guess he is meaning Masonry.

I sent Husch this PM (cc donsig and cav scout)

Hi there, did you get the tech you wanted on your turn? Are there any other techs you need?

btw if you want a tech to be given it's probably best that you send a pm to myself and cav scout

Are we going to say a more formal hello to MS?? we should start talking with Peter Grimes.

I'm happy to do this but surely someone else can help? donsig, what are your thoughts? you now PG a bit already right?

Proposed note to the Mad Ones:

Hello Mad Scientists

It is a pleasure to be able to communicate with you directly now! We have much to talk about, like what the next tech goals of our three way alliance should be. Any thoughts on this? There is also the possibility of a trade with SANCTA for metal casting. Both ourselves and Team Cav are pursuing negotiations in this regard. As a member of the TTA you will of course also benefit from any such trade.

We have met Saturn and you will also if your exploring vessel continues on it's current path. There is now the possibility of trading with Saturn as well. We are currently exploring the prospects of an archery (from Saturn) for masonry (from us) deal. Any thoughts on this deal or on Saturn? We do not think Saturn has allied with SANCTA. If this is true then we (the TTA) have a golden opportunity to further isolate SANCTA by maintaining friendly relations with Saturn. What do you think?

Regards,
donsig of Kazakhstan.

Please discuss, edit, revise, etc.

Proposed note to the Mad Ones:

Hello Mad Scientists

It is a pleasure to be able to communicate with you directly now! We have much to talk about, like what the next tech goals of our three way alliance should be. Any thoughts on this? There is also the possibility of a trade with SANCTA for metal casting. Both ourselves and Team Cav are pursuing negotiations in this regard. As a member of the TTA you will of course also benefit from any such trade.

We have met Saturn and you will also if your exploring vessel continues on it's current path. There is now the possibility of trading with Saturn as well. We are currently exploring the prospects of an archery (from Saturn) for masonry (from us) deal. Any thoughts on this deal or on Saturn? We do not think Saturn has allied with SANCTA. If this is true then we (the TTA) have a golden opportunity to further isolate SANCTA by maintaining friendly relations with Saturn. What do you think?

Regards,
donsig of Kazakhstan.

Please discuss, edit, revise, etc.

OK..maybe we should tell them that sankta have not met saturn yet...and not say we are not sure.

I also like the idea of archery for masonry

OK..maybe we should tell them that sankta have not met saturn yet...and not say we are not sure.

We're not saying anything about whether they have met - we're only talking about them being allied. Anyone else think we should just tell MS that S &S have not met? I'd rather keep that from Team Cav if we can. Telling MS may be the same as telling team Cav.

Only I would put a deadline on it, saying...
"If we dont hear from you about this by next turn, in one day, two days, whatever... we will assume you are OK with the trade."

What's the hurry? I doubt we'll be ready in a couple days to make a trade and if we make deadlines we invite MS to make deadlines when they write to us. If we really want to take down Team Cav after SANCTA we need the Mad Ones to be very good friends of ours. Let's not be so pushy.

I would take out the part about isolating Sancta.

Our team has internal debates about how much we want to coperate with Saturn as it is.

Also while isolating Sancta is important to us it may not be for MS. We don't want it to look like we are using the alliance only to take out one team which is primarily beneficial to us.

This note is fine. I say send it... Only I would put a deadline on it, saying...
"If we dont hear from you about this by next turn, in one day, two days, whatever... we will assume you are OK with the trade."

That goes completely against the language of the treaty. We need active consent for trades with non-alliance teams.

Sommers- if you want to break the treaty with CAV and MS just come out and say so.

Breaking the CavKaZMS alliance is a pretty big deal and should be decided upon by the team with free, fair and transparent debate.

I agree with damnrunner. We should leave out note about SANCTA and just talk about trade with Saturn. It will be a while before MS meet SAN anyway.

We met the MS workboat in Saturn territorial water so they know Saturn.

And MS met SANCTA a long time ago (SANCTA Axeman). MS knows that Saturn and SANCTA don't have contact. The only team that might not know this is CAV.

Top Bottom