MS Embassy & Intelligence

If we add a line saying they should go for philosophy if they want then we're giving that up without first getting them to agree to letting us have ivory. Shoudl we add in a concrete proposal of gold for ivory along with our consent that they bo philosophy?

Shoudl we add in a concrete proposal of gold for ivory along with our consent that they bo philosophy?
I would be in favor of that. Maybe even suggest that we were thinking of getting Philo to pressure them to offer Ivory for Gold, instead of declaring "we have no designs on it". Why should they offer us ivory for not teching Philo, when we were not going to tech it anyway? This would not even be dishonest (saying that we were considering teching Philo) since we really were after Philo at one point.

...the only small problem of course being that we can't trade resources with MS at the moment!

Btw: Cav are going for Paper

Sent this to MS. Made some changes according to the comments made in this thread.
Spoiler :
Greetings DaveShack The Mad Scientist,

Hello old friend. I always suspected you were a bit Mad. :lol: We are happy to hear from you and your team. We would prefer it if you did not trade civil service to S&S (and from this point on we should think of Saturn and SANCTA as one team) as it would only help the ninja war effort. We prefer that a TTA member tech feudalism and make S&S work for their own techs. This is where we will realize the true advantage of the TTA. With three teams teching together against two we will prevail. Once our alliance has paper we can trade maps and open trade routes which will increase our tech margin over S&S even more! So we kindly ask that you not trade with S&S but think about researching feudalism. We are teching machinery and Team Cav is resreaching paper. While we are on the subject of Saturn, do you htink it is worthwhile trying to entice them away from SANCTA and into the TTA?

We've not given much thought to theology or philosophy yet though we have no designs on either right now. If you are considering researching one of these techs to obtain a religion of your own we would just caution you that SANCTA might be trying to get to philosophy.

Our team would like to suggest that your team build the Statue of Zeus. We would rather you have the benefits of that wonder than SANCTA or anyone else. Also, would it be possible some time in the future to borrow your ivory if we need to train elephants for our war effort? Once Team Cav shares paper with us we should be able to trade maps and then resources.

Finally, we will be sending archery to you at the first opportunity. I am not sure why it hasn't been sent to you already. Perhaps we were still trying to disguise the depth of our trading relationship? There is no need for that now.

Regards,
donsig of Kazakhstan

Edit: Also sending this note to DaveShack as a pm.

btw MS have teched HBR and I've sent a trade proposal of Archery for HBR

shall I sent them a note saying sorry for not giving Archery sooner (I couldn't log in before)

do we need HBR this turn? shall I wait until they give it to us before ending turn?

I don't think they would do a trade on OUR turn (unless we pre-arranged a trade with them through chat or something like that). Whoever logs in will prob reject the trade until conferring with rest of the team... So I would say we need to wait for their turn before they will transfer HBR to us.

well if that's the case, our turn is done - it can turn roll if I can't get into it tomorrow

they are planning on giving HBR to us though

eh? I was waiting to get HBR from MS so we could start on an HA, we've started on a chariot now instead then. guess we need them too

I was saying "if it's the case that we decide we don't want HBR this turn we can end turn now..."

got to login now to take screenshots...

Can you please not do turns?

If the turn player cannot make it he should post and then someone else can do it,
Uhhh, Thank you for your offer, but I decline to accept.:) Futhermore, I consider that issue closed.:D Thanks again for asking, and especially for saying please! :lol:

Almost for got the :sarcasm:

Hi there, you have OB with SANCTA and Saturn. Have either of these two mapped out a sea-route to you?

If they do then they will be benefitting more from the OB (especially SANCTA) than you are. Please can you close borders with SANCTA if this is the case. They have Great Lighthouse now but Saturn only have 4 cities, so they won't be benefitting much from this wonder if they are the only civ they can trade with.

And do you have plans to build Statue of Zeus? If not please let us know, but we would prefer it if you were the civ to get this.
I've sent this by PM to MS to clarify their position on trade.

Should we ask the Mad Ones about the rumor Memphus is spreading about an MS attack on Saturn?

Got a pm from Husch:

MS are 7 turns from Feudalism and aren't interested in Stat of Zeus - they also have no monuments.

Sent this to MS via PM:

Spoiler :
Dear Mad Scientists,

Sancta have a big advantage over us in land and production capabilities, we feel that the only way to release this situation is by taking or razing Angle (the barb city they captured and is boxing us in).

To do that we have to act quicly before they start getting elephants and catapults.

We feel that with your support (in gold) we can have a stack of 8 maces, 4 catas and 4-5 mounted units ready to invade in 10 turns.

We think this will be enough force to capture or raze angle.

To do this we will need about 5-600 gold from both you and MS in the next 9 turns.

We need 130 gold in the next 2 turns (to complete Machinery) and about 450 gold in the next 7 turns.

Please consider seriously to help us do some damage to Sancta as we feel this will be the only chance we will have for a long time to come.

Sommerswerd

Top Bottom