Mud Tracks are equal to Roads?

pi4t

Prince
I've just researched Road Building for the first time, and...it was underwhelming, to put it mildly. A mud track gives double movement, and takes me 4 turns to build with my current civics. A road requires a higher technology, takes 6 turns to make, and costs 2 gold, but also makes travel only cost half a movement point. Was the mud track added at some later point, and the road not adjusted to compensate?

Also, it's hard to tell, but I think that if I move a unit with a promotion which should give it double movements on the terrain along a trail path it doesn't get it. Is this correct?

I've just researched Road Building for the first time, and...it was underwhelming, to put it mildly. A mud track gives double movement, and takes me 4 turns to build with my current civics. A road requires a higher technology, takes 6 turns to make, and costs 2 gold, but also makes travel only cost half a movement point. Was the mud track added at some later point, and the road not adjusted to compensate?

Also, it's hard to tell, but I think that if I move a unit with a promotion which should give it double movements on the terrain along a trail path it doesn't get it. Is this correct?

Roads add production to mines, lumber mills, thatch cutters. Also the difference between lowering cost and increasing movement means roads are faster still for some units.

Also the difference between lowering cost and increasing movement means roads are faster still for some units.

Care to expand? Unfortunately my game froze when I tried to alt tab out to ask about the issue (a problem with my computer, not the mod), so I can't go back and check, but I think both had the same wording: 'travel only costs 1/2 a movement point'.

if i remember correctly one reduces by 1/2 movement point while the other reduces the movement cost by half. So one lets a unit that can move 2 now move 3 while the other lets it move 4.

I think Roads double movement while mud paths reduce it by 1/5 or 1/6. Meaning that your 2 movement points units can move 4 on a road and only 3 on a mud path.
3 Point units move 6 on a road and 4 on a mudpath.

Top Bottom