My accident

Originally posted by Junzi Nicuzn

As someone who used to live in Kansas, I can vouch for the validity of that statement.

I live in the suburbs of Kansas City.

Well, on the bright side, these injuries will heal. The jury's still out on weather I can go fix the problems in my lower spine and nerves when I was injured last year.

Brings back memories of my accident. Didn't have any broken bones tho. . .but it was pretty scary for me at the time.

Hope the thumb heals soon.

Yeah, KC does suck for bike riding

Quick, china! Now is your time to sue and get rich!

;) Really, though, I'm deeply sorry about your accident. :( Hope you get well soon. It must be hard to type with a broken thumb.... It's amazing how much even a broken pinkie can ruin your day-to-day activities.

riding a bike, why that's blasphemy where is your gas gusling SUV... jk

never broke any bones on a bike(never broke any period) prefer not to either. Anyways get well and hope that thumb heals nicely for you.

Originally posted by naervod
Sorry to hear that, I hope your feeling better.

However, that's nothing compared to when I was mountain biking last fall. I was going down a steep and kind of windy trail, I fell normally at first, but then started sliding down the trail with my bike close behind me. I managed to stop and got hit in the back of the head by my bike coming down after me and had a nasty bump there, then as I was getting up, I realized I was cut in about five different places and then some guy ran over me and broke my toe.

Another time, a year ago, I went off a jump wrong on my friends bike, I crashed and the bike landed on top of me. The bike was fine, but another nasty bump and it left a two inch long permanent scar on my leg as well as numerous smaller cuts.

There was another time riding to school, I accidentally rode off the path and as I tried to get back on the same thing happened to me and I hit a tree. Then, five minutes later, I hit a railguard along the road (on the pedestrian walkway side) and did a flip over the bars, nasty bump again and smaller cuts, plus my bike was leaning halfway into the road (resting on the railguard) and it almost got hit by an oncoming car.

Needless to say, I'm exactly the most coordinated person in the world. :rolleyes:

OUCH!
This remind me, once i rode a bike down a hill and i hit a rock flipped one time, hit a U-turn sign with my leg, and my bike fell on me. That was painfull. :suicide:

That sucks, man. I had a bicycle accident a couple of months ago, too. Totally taco-ed the wheel, in fact, the front wheel is like a figure-8 from a certain angle. Kinda neat, actually. But, bad thing was, I had to CARRY the bike 5 miles back. A hard, sudden fall. No injuries, though - I attribute that to the coral calcium. I felt like the asphalt would have broken before I did. Check that stuff out. I'd get the Bob Barefoot coral calcium (higher quality), from Okinawa - higher trace mineral content, which makes all the difference for absorption, which is the key. Don't get ripped off buy the generic stuff.

Ouch!

The worst bike stack that I have witnessed was in my first mountain bike race in the Blue mountains west of Sydney.
I was riding about 2/3 pack in a tight pack on slippery gravel when one guy fell off and got riden over the top of with the most gorriest looking gravel rash I have ever seen.
He then got back on his bike and kept going and finished the race but in a lot of pain.

The same guy a month later on the same circuit, we were tearing down a hill, when we came to a poorly marked right hand turn, he was in front of me and didn't see the turn and went full speed into a barbed wire fence. OUCH!

Needless to say that he stuck with being a roadie and only used his MTB bike for work (We were both Couriers at that time, but that's another thread).

Well then, get well soon !

For the next mafia game, you can have my seat, ok?

(aged 7) I broke my arm walking up a slide the wrong way and someone came down- ouch! aged (10-11) I was playing football avec my brother who at the time was playing for Bradford City reserves when he took a shot on the half volley and like the idiot that i am i tried to save it! Had to have it manipulated back into place without anaesthetic! At 14 i broke my angle playing rugby at school- (the fist lesson as well). Didn't have to play it for the rest of the term which was good as i hated it!

Once i fell down the stairs of my house and broke all the bones in my arm. I had to go through 8 different surgeries :(

Originally posted by rmsharpe

#$%hole. Perhaps you may not be so lucky the next time you are enjoying the outdoors.

i dont go outsite because i am too busy plotting the downfall of people like you. . .

people like you = ****ing *******s

just in case there was any confusion :D

My right thumb.(I am right handed)

And my entire left arm is missing a coating of skin or two, its 1 big scab.

I bike alot but have never had a serious accident. Sounds nasty China, bones will heal but scars will be there forever.

Originally posted by china444
My right thumb.(I am right handed)

And my entire left arm is missing a coating of skin or two, its 1 big scab.

Cool fun to be had picking bits of scab off for weeks ;)

As a kid I imagined getting a total body scab that would come off like plate armour :crazyeye:

Top Bottom