My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic

Quesztionz: Should anyone with a MLP avatar on the internet be taken seriously?

i'd take dudes seriously even if they wore this T-shirt:

but I draw the line at people who sleep with this:

Attachments

• rainbowdash_Dakimakura.jpg
    rainbowdash_Dakimakura.jpg
    137.4 KB · Views: 329
Well... body pillows are unacceptable regardless of what is on them. That's not a strike against ponies.

So I stumbled upon this... not sure how relevant it is or isn't, but it's awesome.

Spoiler large :

that is the most awesome thing i have ever seen

Indeed.

I also support the fact that Brony t-shirts are normal and ok (local circumstances asside) but Brony sleepwear is a bit too much, at least for now. My parents got my brother Mario-Luigi sleep wear, but I think it takes a few more years or even a decade or two for MLP male sleep wear to be ok in general.

Body pillows aren't exactly standard sleepwear.

Indeed.

I also support the fact that Brony t-shirts are normal and ok (local circumstances asside) but Brony sleepwear is a bit too much, at least for now. My parents got my brother Mario-Luigi sleep wear, but I think it takes a few more years or even a decade or two for MLP male sleep wear to be ok in general.

Those are not sleep wear. Those are very large japanese pillows called, dakimakura, also known as hug- or love pillows.

nonono, you are supposed to hug and cuddle Rainbow Dash, not step on her!

How can a grown man watch this show? My daughter watches it. Personally, I can't get into any of these talking cartoon animal shows. Oh well, it's better than PowerPuff girls anyway.

Watch MPL to relax.

How can a grown man watch this show? My daughter watches it. Personally, I can't get into any of these talking cartoon animal shows. Oh well, it's better than PowerPuff girls anyway.

Hey, call off your ponies, I said it was better than PowerPuff girls. Rather than getting defensive why not try to sell me on it's redeeming value. Why should I encourage her to watch this show rather than all the other kiddie junk out there. What makes it more appealing to you than say, Tinkerbelle or Ariel? Unfortunately thanks to the "in-laws" she's into TV (we don't have one at home but her mom downloads shows/movies) so I'm always trying to seek out the best programming I can.

Hey, call off your ponies, I said it was better than PowerPuff girls.

My point exactly, what don't you like about PowerPuff Girls?

Rather than getting defensive why not try to sell me on it's redeeming value. Why should I encourage her to watch this show rather than all the other kiddie junk out there. What makes it more appealing to you than say, Tinkerbelle or Ariel? Unfortunately thanks to the "in-laws" she's into TV (we don't have one at home but her mom downloads shows/movies) so I'm always trying to seek out the best programming I can.

It has fleshed out characters with diverse interests for one and defies many clichés and worn out tropes of typical 'girls shows'. There's also excellent voice acting and beautiful animation, but I'm sure shortly someone with a 200 pages powerpoint presentation will come along and tell you more about the show than you would ever need or want to know.

Hey, call off your ponies, I said it was better than PowerPuff girls.

But... I like PPG more.

It's witty, has interesting characters, and not afraid of showing blood. Also the anniversary special the other month had Ringo Star, so that was basically a double nostalgia combo platter.

Cutlass found this:

Spoiler :

Top Bottom