Myth01- Training Day- Regent

mythmonster2

BEC NOIR! RUN!
Well, old thread didn't get enough players, and someone suggested this, so, here I am.

Level: Regent
We will play with 48 hours for Got it and 72 hours for update.
We will go in the order of Me, Experienced Player, lower player, experienced, and one more lower. The lower players are going to be either Warlord or Chieftain players.
No variant.
Civ 3 Conquests version 1.22
Personally am leaning towards Babylon for the civ.
I hope to get Conquest, but domination will work too.
Roaming barbarians, 5 billion years old, temperate, normal climate, and 70% continents is what I prefer.
If I missed anything, tell me.

Roster
Mythmonster2 (skipped due to my dad until further notice)
pol1
Pinman
Experienced Player Slot
ngraner42
Commando Bob

resigning up myth.;)

I will be lurking for this one. Should be good for all of us who want to move up the ladder.

i would like to join.
as exp one in that situation.

lurker's comment: You have 4 players including yourself. I'd say get some starts rolled, and maybe pick up one or two more players, and get it going. I'd join as a slightly higher than regent, but not good enough to train player, but I am SG-locked. I'm actively playing in 4 now, and I seem to be up in 3 of them now.

Pinman, ngraner, and pol, I'm adding you to the roster..... now. Well, actually, what would you guys think of adding another experienced player to the roster?

go ahead, the more discussion the better.

lurker's comment: I have to disagree with this a bit.
lurker's comment: . . . . I'd say get some starts rolled . . . .
I think SGs tend to play a little easier than solo games, because most people play a little more carefully when they know that they're about to post a turnlog on the internet for all the world to see. On top of that, with shorter turnsets, mistakes don't tend to get compounded the way they can in a solo game. Whether you played well or not, someone's going to come along in 10 turns and "check your work." TDGs are about learning and improving. Pick your civ and settings and take the first start rolled, so long as it's not a one-tile marsh island.

Good luck!

lurker's comment: I might agree with Aabraxan if this were an experienced SG crew, any old start would do. I think a good start with a strong civ is important when playing out of comfort zones. Persia isn't the strongest available, but they are close. A good start might mean a win, a bad start might lose it. A first time at anything should not be painful, it should be enjoyable.

w/e everyone else wants is fine with me.

Sure, we'll go random start whatever it gives us, unless its a one tile marsh or mountain island.

lurker's comment: Would join if not for the Please Insert CD bug...

Shall we not just start then? Or do we really want an experienced player?

Pinman

Regent, eh?

Never played Regent (skipped from Chieftain to Monarch) but I'll join.

Victory Conditions
Conquest is more fun, just because you get to kill everyone.
Domination is faster, but it can catch you by suprise. That is, you'll be ready to swat someone down to size, only to win on the IBT!
Going for Space requires a more balanced approach and can involve almost no warfare.
Getting the UN isn't too hard, but it has been a while since I've done it.
Culture Victory is ok, but it can be a micro-management headache.

Happy Citizens
IIRC, we get three content citizens at Regent, with number four born cranky. Luxuries will be somewhat important, but not do or die as at higher levels.

Difficulty Level
I would suggest (and only suggest) that this be played at Monarch or Emperor. Playing above your level is scarey, but playing above your level in an SG is rather easy. I mean, you only play 10 turns at a time, so your exposure is rather limited.

I found Monarch frightening only at first, then it just became normal.

But, this is not my game, and I won't be doing the bulk of the playing. I can only suggest.

Regent is above their level. ;)

Incorrect on happy citizens. The first 2 are content, citizen #3 says it's too crowded.

Incorrect on happy citizens. The first 2 are content, citizen #3 says it's too crowded.
Then luxuries will be important. Two content citizens is not many. But it does mean fewer units serving as Military Police to keep the rabble in line.

Hello,

I would like to join a Succession game, but am new to the forum.

I started playing Civ 3 in 2005, when I purchased Civ3Complete. Prior to that I played Civ2 on an off. With Civ3, I had several wins on Regent (diplo & space race) and one win on Monarch (diplo).

I didn't play Civ3 for a while and started playing again in Nov 2007. I would like to advance to a higher difficulty level, but have tried to play on Emperor and have a hard time! Also I would like improve my military skills in the game, I find I'm relcutant to go to war (I alway go for the peaceful victory conditions).

If this Succession game is going to be played on Emperor, I would like to join. Is it to late?

Top Bottom