Napoleonic Sets

Blimey. I'm drooling over these. Someone just HAS to make a Napoleonic Mod. I even thought about making it myself, but unfortunately I have my hands full right now.

Again, these units are excellent.

Thank you, it is very kind of you to say that.

I would do a mod, but sadly I just do not have time. Admittedly, I am surprised there has been none considering the absolutely massive period of war involved (20 odd years if you count the French Revolution) so its not as if it is just some small war.

If anyone does want to make one, however, feel free to contact me and I can help with suggestions, I just don't think I have time at the moment to actually do most of the work.

This may be a silly question but do you intend doing any Artillery units? There were quite a few different Cannons available, from 4lb'ers up to 12lb'ers and not forgetting there were both Horse and Foot artillery units which had different uniforms (at least the RHA had a different uniform to the Foot artillery in the British Army).

PsiCorps: Yes, actually, that is next on my list. I will probably only do one type per power for now, I want to get to the Rifled Musket era units.

The Light Cavalry units are up (check first post) so that should answer your question, Avain.

On another note, it was brought to my attention that I had accidentally included the wrong texture for the Prussian dragoon in the heavy cavalry file. The proper one can be found here. Just paste the .dds file into the Prussian Dragoon folder.

Generic, team-coloured versions of a Hussar and Line Infantry would be most welcome

EDIT: some people might appreciate a button that I made for a Light Infantry unit.

I was on vacation, so I didn't have the chance to thank you for your efforts on the new hungarian hussar. So: thank you! And congrats!

Generic, team-coloured versions of a Hussar and Line Infantry would be most welcome

EDIT: some people might appreciate a button that I made for a Light Infantry unit.

Unfortunately I have yet to figure out teamcolouring, so I will have to leave that to some other talent.

Two bits of news however. Firstly, I can now access CFC normally on my new PC, and secondly, work is slowly coming along on the artillery units (British and French models complete.)
Nice icon, by the way. :goodjob:

Glad you like the unit, cool3a2.

If anyone is interested, images of the first three artillery units. British, French, and Austrian respectively.
I was thinking of doing a custom cannon for each but then I figured it would probably not be worth it, nor do I really have the time. I am itching to get to the Victorian era units.

Thanks Zulu.
Yes, I intend to do a Prussian, Russian, and American one before I am done (as with the other sets.)

Just a heads up, but you uploaded the artillery set in the Civ5 downloads section, not Civ4.:p

Oh what? Really? I'll move them.

Excellent work thank you :goodjob:

quick note: in the download files some of the paths in the nifs are still to your C drive Matt. Not a problem for me as they are easily sorted but some might not know why they're white ;).
(the French Fusilier, Prussian Grenadier, American Foot Artillery, British Foot Artillery)

Once again thank you for all these units, they have filled a big whole in my mod.

Hey General Matt.......not to go bumping the thread but did you ever post a tutorial on working with effects? Some time back when I was playing with CivIV models in 3ds Max, I had found that one could change effects by just writing in the new effect. In other words, you can point the node to index a different effect as they are not packaged with the model but rather in another file. What have you learned about customising the effects?

(Yes, it seems as though Dragoons were not much used in dismounted role by the time you mention. Although, your comments raise the interesting question as to how carbine or rifle armed cavalry employed their firearms. Perhaps they tended to act as mounted skirmishers and fire from the saddle to withdraw afterwards with the sabre being used when charging. In addition, what I meant about pistols was that during a melee, cavalry would wield sabers but many types of units appear to have been equiped with a pair of pistols in holsters at the front of the saddle. Naturally, such weapons could be drawn and easily discharged into enemy formations when engaging in close combat.)

How do you use these? There is no kfm file.

This what i have in the civ4artdefines_unit.xml file.

<UnitArtInfo>
<Type>ART_DEF_UNIT_CONTINENTAL_REGULAR</Type>
<Button>,Art/Interface/Buttons/Units/Continental_Regular.dds,Art/Interface/Buttons/Unit_Resource_Atlas.dds,4,2</Button>
<fScale>0.44</fScale>
<fInterfaceScale>1.0</fInterfaceScale>
<bActAsLand>0</bActAsLand>
<bActAsAir>0</bActAsAir>
<NIF>Art/Units/Continental_Regular/Continental_Regular.nif</NIF>
<KFM>Art/Units/Continental_Regular/Continental_Regular.kfm</KFM>
<SHADERNIF>Art/Units/Continental_Regular/Continental_Regular_fx.nif</SHADERNIF>
<ShadowDef>
<ShadowNIF>Art/Units/01_UnitShadows/UnitShadow.nif</ShadowNIF>
<ShadowAttachNode>BIP Pelvis</ShadowAttachNode>
<fShadowScale>1.0</fShadowScale>
</ShadowDef>