NEB1: One Thousand and One Ways to Die

Daft I am off to Germany for a week on an exchange. I am sending orders for this turn but I will miss any deadlines set between this Saturday and next Saturday (28th-4th).

ONLY HOURS REMAIN, I will be online occasionally for the next 3 hours (from the time of this post, naturally). No guarantees after that...

@Thlayli, I'm sorry but I'm not feeling good about last minute deadline extensions :( Theres already going to be a 2 week gap from the last update, and 5 days since the first orders recieved.

Anyway I'd agree RL stuff is a lot more important! Maybe send some rough guideline type things so I can get the update going?

I apologise for not sending orders despite the long time I had to send them in. Please NPC me fairly. Sorry Darth for you know what. Next turn I promise.

No need to apologise, as I said, I think Real Life is a bit more important :)

I thankyou all again for all your input so far.

Well considering that most(44 units vs. 17 units of other conflicts) of the the current conflicts have COBRA involved, I would think that it would be hard for Daft to write an update. Aren't the current conflicts:

Aliens vs. COBRA vs. Red Crusade (7 vs. 10 vs. 6)
SEF vs. COBRA (13 vs. 8)
Red Crusade vs. Aliens (3 vs. 1)
SEF & Red Crusade & Orange vs. Aliens vs. Chaotics(7 vs. 4 vs. 2)
Aqua vs. ?

Total Above Land Units:
COBRA: 32
Red: 16
Aqua: 14
SEF: 14
Aliens: 9
Karamandine: 5
Canbrian: 8
JTLU: 7
Total: 106 units!:eek:

How long is it taking you to do the map Daft? 2 hours?

@Matt0088, it can take up to three hours to do the map with all the fiddling and fixing involved, then up to two hours for the write-up, another two hours for the pictures and all the secret stuff. Anyways I'm afraid I've had very little time today to work on this...

Update ETA is 'sometime' in the first half of next week.

Turn 19

---

The Red Crusade braced for another round of desperate fighting in the vicinity of their former capitol, city E4. But it soon became clear the Aliens were in fact retreating, leaving Soldia altogether. A rearguard of Alien 'Dreadnaughts' sacrificed themselves in the streets of E4 while an assortment of Alien creatures, mutants and followers - including the Former-Anarchist Elite Armored Troopers, and at least one Giant Squid - was carried aboard the Monstrosity.

While still under attack, and apparently breaking apart, the Monstrosity surrounded itself with a familiar dark cloud and finally seemed to vanish, freezing the air and ground as it did so. Most of the surviving civilians in E4 were flash-frozen, leaving a peaceful but macabre scene for the advancing Red troopers to find. A few Alien creatures were left behind, apparently lethargic and helpless, but nonetheless the Red Crusade styled it as a great victory. A handful of civilians joined the Red army as irregulars at E3.

In the north, a combination of Red infantry dealt with the Alien-controlled Light Tanks as they suicidal attacked former-Orange HQ.

It seems that the remnants of the Green and Crimson Ghost rebels have joined up with the Red Crusade at B5.

Heavy Bombers and Tank Killers arrived from the Canbrian Commonwealth to give air support against the Aliens, but there was little left for them to do.

Red troops continued to investigate the giant 'Alien Gun' at D4.

The 'Alien City' at E6 continued to collapse.

The giant craft of the 'Overseer' managed to raise itself out of the water, and was observed to transform into a more menacing shape. Small 'Drones' have been reported flying out of the main craft, and hovering above collections of Alien debris that have been scattered across the centre of Soldia. But otherwise the 'Overseer' took no hostile moves towards any faction.

---

The fight in the centre of Soldia was now between the Red Crusade and COBRA. Grand Field Marshall Thlayli remained in personal command of the 'Mech facing the Red forces ('Invictus'), and was apparently out of contact for much of the time. Reinforcements arrived, and the ruin of E4 was a tempting target - for propaganda value if nothing else - but COBRA high command leaned towards caution. There was only a little skirmishing with Red and Alien forces while the battered Battle Robots and Robotanks were taken out of the line for rest and repair.

Further to the west, CGC Field Marshall Tuxedohamm had other plans. COBRA Transport Helicopters were 'requisitioned' for an airborne Heavy Trooper attack on the Red city at E2. Two CGC Commando units and one unit of Stormtroopers joined the attack on the ground. It isn't clear if Tuxedohamm had official blessing from Thlayli for this plan, but it seemed to go well at first - the suddenness of the attack took the Reds by surprise, and caught some Red infantry units which had been mauled in the earlier fighting against the Aliens, and had no time to either dig-in or reorganise before the attack hit. One unit of Red Commandos was wiped out. Without support, the veteran Red StuG's took heavy losses in the street fighting and were forced to retreat.

But the CGC had also taken losses, especially with the elite SEF Snipers of DarthNader stalking them from the south. The overextended COBRA line now faced a counter-attack led by Red Heavy Tanks heading south out of E3, forcing CGC troops to flee east and west. The presence of legendary Field Marshall Matt0088 on the front lines did much to raise morale among the Red army. A large chunk of the CGC is now trapped in the area around E2, caught between Red and SEF forces.

---

SEF and COBRA continued to fight their own war in the south-west. First, the SEF tried to evict the COBRA 'Mech that had come knocking on the doorstep of their HQ, after destroying most of the Mining Complex at G2. Again it seems that COBRA command leaned on the side of caution, and chose to withdraw their Mech. Pursuing SEF troops were soon left behind in the mountains of G2, but it seems that the SEF had some kind of new weapon of their own - powerful guided missiles appeared out of nowhere and harried the 'Mech as it retreated to the south-east.

Meanwhile, the real fight was at I3. The ruined city was of no real value, except of course as a trophy. Perhaps with hopes of attracting another expedition force from Lenierde, the SEF launched another full scale attack to retake the city. No troops were given any rest - a badly mauled unit of Troopers and the remnants of a Light Tank brigade which had only just escaped the previous fighting were ordered to turn around, and head back to face COBRA again.

SEF Guided Launchers destroyed the Snow Brigade APC's at J3, but Lord Joakim's elite snipers moved north to aid the defence of I3, where they met up with the elite snipers of CGC leader Tuxedohamm. The former-Space-Pirat Gunships were given special orders by the SEF to wipe out these troublesome snipers, but it proved an impossible task to spot them amongst the ruins. The Gunships moved on to target the former-Space-Pirat Light Tanks in COBRA's service, until COBRA's own Gunships arrived overhead (the rest of the COBRA airforce was still grounded for repairs, following the spectacular aerial battles with the Aliens).

Not long after the SEF attack had been launched, their Light Tanks had been knocked out, and SEF Troopers were taking heavy casualties to Sniper and Gunship fire. The SEF persevered and eventually forced out the COBRA defence. The last few COBRA Commandos covered the retreat, and inflicted even more losses on the SEF with their upgraded heavy guns. I3 changed hands for the eighth time, leaving both sides battered and exhausted - it is rumoured that the CGC leader Tuxedohamm has been injured in combat again. But COBRA units are still close by at H4, gathering under the protection of the 'Mech.

---

South-east Soldia was more calm than usual, with only a few sightings of strange plants and animals.

The COBRA Arms Plant made a new firepower upgrade.

COBRA engineers continued to dismantle the former-Space-Pirat VTOL transport at G8.

The North-east was also unusually calm. There were no signs of any Crimson Ghost resurgence in the border mountains. Only A few minor movements of Aqua forces were noted. But there were more rumours about underground battles and heavy casualties. A large number Aqua troops remain unaccounted for. The current status of Aqua Field Marshall Vertinari is unclear. In any case, it is rumoured that Aqua faction is building up a large stockpile of war supplies.

---

DIPLOMACY:

To: Soldia

"Greetings. The functionality of this Utility Vessel has now been restored. Type-207 combat mode has been activated, and remains active as a precaution. We can confirm the departure of the main Protagonist Entities. We are considering various options for de-contaminating the surface and subterranean layers of your planet. We will depart as soon as this task is complete. In the meantime, please feel free to continue the normal activities of your people. It pleases us to see that this Cosmic-Culture Intrusion Episode has not adversely affected native traditions, such as inter-faction warfare.

Our channels of communication will remain open for an indeterminate period.

Farewell."
-

To: All

"If, as it seems, the Alien threat is no more, perhaps we should renew our discussions regarding the future of Soldia..."

WEATHER REPORT:

Visibility is expected to remain good. Strong winds may interfere with artillery and aircraft flying at medium level. There is an official Tornado Warning across Soldia.

INCOME:

Red received $4 out of a maximum of $5.
COBRA received $12 (+$2 special) out of 13.
Aqua received $6 out of 6.
SEF (Brown) received $3 out of 3.

NOTES:

This turn I had three orders to work with: SEF, Red and the CGC. There were no orders for most of COBRA, and none for Aqua. I'm really grateful for all the input people have given this, and I know some new toys and stuff have just appeared, but...

:deadhorse: ?

I'm thinking that next turn (#20) should maybe, kinda, be the last. It could be like a 'BT' update, where you'd have more money to spend, and more things will happen at once, and it will decide the final outcome of the war. I'll post more info on that if it is approved.

BUT I'm still willing to continue with small updates like this one, if two or more players really want to.

Everyone has the right of appeal and comment at this time. That includes YOU!

BTW, Lord Joakim's unspent money ($4) was split between Thlayli and Tuxedohamm

MAP has usual low altitude + high altitude versions:

Attachments

• ALPHA19.png
    ALPHA19.png
    203 KB · Views: 159
  • ALPHA19sky.png
    ALPHA19sky.png
    222.4 KB · Views: 127
Good Update Daft!:goodjob:
I'm for four more updates as I said last turn, so much has yet to be accomplished. Besides, I have something special in store for COBRA.:)(Nothing to related to your plans Darth)

To: Civilians of F5, G7 and E8

We urge all to leave before the impending destruction that will soon arrive.

has not adversely affected native traditions, such as inter-faction warfare.

I was just re-reading the update and come upon this and LOL!:lol:
This should get the funniest award, though Daft's many native animals eating/fighting eat other on the map would get a close second.:)

To: The Red Crusade

If any attacks upon cities controlled by our forces are made, we will IMMEDIATELY deploy nuclear weapons on your HQ. You have been warned. Surrender now.

To: COBRA

And kill thousands and be forever condemned by the international community, we think not. Besides, unlike you, we give warning before impending destruction, not after. You should surrender now before your arrogance and ignorance digs you deeper hole then you're already in.

Top Bottom