NESCraft

I'd like to be placed in rotation, if possible, please.

This is always so much fun..! thanks Daftpanzer

Spoiler :

Baby pandas!

Well done Optical! Truly heroic!

And congrats on the pregnancy Thomas; I know you'll make a great mother. Seon- i worry for your child (just jokes).

Onto Pandaholme affairs,

Seon, with your animal lore, do you feel you could make use of that thing (points to Paraceratherium)?

Seon, North King, Lord Of Elves?
I think if we all work together spending 1 AP each, we should be able to rustle up some grub. Maybe some boar, fish, or deer? We can work together or split up- what are your thoughts?

We also need to expand the dwelling to accommodate the children. Unless Seon and North King want to keep sleeping in the cave? Or unless kids don't take up space in a dwelling.

So far, my actions look like this:

Immaculate
  • Cut stone for dwelling.
  • Hunt/fish as a group for the tribe.
  • Tend the crops (to keep them going). Bring my son with me- he can play in the dirt and pretend sticks are actually animals and stuff. stop and tell him about pandas and stuff every now and again.
  • Spend time with my new son. This is special father-son time. Stuff like playing in the garden- pushing dirt around. "Talking" about plants. 1 AP spent on investing in my son's healthy upbringing directly. 'Cause i am an awesome dad. And my son's the world's cutest kid.
  • Smelt/hammer/whatever ore into a metal hammer. (or build furnace if no one else builds one)
  • Rest (snuggle?).

Hopefully I can get six or more food from the crops next turn- four definitely shouldn’t be a problem- and getting six to eight is probably more realistic. So my investment this turn should pay off for all of us next. I think I can feed all six of us (with food to spare maybe) every third turn for 3AP in total investment easily enough. Not sure if that’s great or not efficiency wise, but at least we aren’t eating meat every single day.

I would consider including the following so we can get our dwelling expanded and so we can eat something this turn.

North King:
  • Build a furnace out of rocks.
  • Assist Immaculate in forging the ore into a metal hammer. (or go pickaxe some more ore if help not required)
  • Use your artistic trait to decorate the expanded dwelling to make it an enriching place for children to grow up in. Or not- maybe on the shrine? Or contribute more AP to the new industry whatever it is…
  • rest

Lord of Elves:
  • Cut wood for timber
  • Contribute 1 AP towards expanding the dwelling.
  • rest (hell yeah lets snuggle! hardy/energetic?- you know i wantz it baby!)

Seon:
  • ? Rest more???? Take it easy in preparation of baby coming and watch Lord of Elves baby?
  • Hunt/fish as a group for the tribe. --or maybe not- She’s got animal lore and maybe the three of us can hunt successfully and she can use her animal lore on that thing (points to Paraceratherium)?
  • Contribute 1 AP towards expanding the dwelling. (builder trait- can you build the WHOLE expansion with one AP with this trait?- freeing up LoE to do something else- like contribute more to the new industry?)
  • rest

Are we at all interested in establishing any kind of new industry?

So we have, between us, five, potentially even six AP available to establish a new industry if we wanted to. We could perhaps try to establish a more stable food source? Fish farms, a goat pen to raise baby goats and kill the old ones for food? Or perhaps establish pottery or smelting those minerals into some 'metal' tools? We could build a furnace, cut some timber for fuel, mine some ore, and make something cool out of metal (don't know what)? Or a boat to find other tribes and start trading with them? If we get a good industry going, we can trade for their resources- if we can find them. Or expand the shrine- with five-six AP and some rock-cutting already taking place, we could expand it twice and have a proper temple with a formalized religion dedicated to the Pandas. Even if we don't pray too much just a big-ass temple would be good for mana and make other actions more likely to succeed. And if we DID pray... well- it would probably be much more effective.

Ideas?

The new kid might want to choose (inventor/builder/digger)...?

EDIT: I've added some ideas for everyone.... based on relative lack of input.- setting us up to build our first metal tool!

Just a note that I am still here, and willing to take the child I previously claimed.

Also, lol @ weremoose.

Those stones to my south look rather red... it wouldn't be copper would it?

Orders will come within a couple days.

talonschild Orders:
1 AP: Rebuild tent with Deerskin and Linen.
2 AP: Accomplish as much as possible (in order) from list below.
1 AP: Sleep.

List:
Fish for two day's worth of food.
Cook it all.
Eat today's half.
Wrap tomorrow's half in Rabbit Pelt and bury.
Set fire to Apes' Trees if and when Apes are not paying attention and are unlikely to catch me.

Well, the update was certainly great :D. I loved the part where I finally grasped the axe and stood alert to protect the human tribe.

In this turn, I will continue to protect the tribe. I will go after that rhinoceros north of Wolfhaven and kill it. I will eat part of its meat, and leave the rest for the Wolfhaven tribe to use as they see fit. If they see me, then all the better, for they will know a spirit watches over them.

EDIT: Fix'd.

Milarqui stay away from that wolf it's friendly.

Edit: Alright that's much more helpful.

Seeing as I'm not born yet, am I still hanging with JK?

Edit: Sorry, didn't look at the map close enough. :p

1 AP: Try and tame that...damned thing ( Paraceratherium) by saying soothing things to it and offering some foods (leaves?) that they eat. Or at the very least stop it from trying to hump the damned house. Resale values are gonna take a dive otherwise.

1 AP: Improve dwelling! Expand its size and make more space available!

2 AP: rest and eat.

Thankyou :salute:

@Arrow Gamer and Nintz, glad to see you're still interested :) Herobrine's offspring are yours to play. Feel free to send orders - you have 2 free AP as a child, and don't need to spend any AP on resting (you will auto-rest, provided there is no crisis). You might get some skills/traits depending on what you do.

Is the totem small enough so that I can move it?

@Secret Scribe I'll say you can move it, but it will slow you down, and require both hands - so no axe or spear at the same time. You can still take your backpack tho!

This is always so much fun..! thanks Daftpanzer

Hopefully I can get six or more food from the crops next turn- four definitely shouldn’t be a problem- and getting six to eight is probably more realistic. So my investment this turn should pay off for all of us next. I think I can feed all six of us (with food to spare maybe) every third turn for 3AP in total investment easily enough. Not sure if that’s great or not efficiency wise, but at least we aren’t eating meat every single day.

@Immaculate, thank you. About farming, it will take at least 1AP to tend the plots, but you might want to spend 2AP to ensure weeds are kept down, and you might want to invest even 3AP if you want to aim for a bumper crop (and talk to the plants to make them happy?). You expect harvest on Day 10 (which will of course require more AP).

1 AP: Try and tame that...damned thing ( Paraceratherium) by saying soothing things to it and offering some foods (leaves?) that they eat. Or at the very least stop it from trying to hump the damned house. Resale values are gonna take a dive otherwise.

1 AP: Improve dwelling! Expand its size and make more space available!

2 AP: rest and eat.

@Seon just a note, I had in mind that Dwellings would be built/expanded in 2AP chunks, for simplicity. Your Builder trait might allow you to finish it in 1AP, but I didn't want the traits being reliable and clockwork like that. More like, you invest the same AP and sometimes things go easier / you get bonuses, if you get what I mean. Anyway, the worst that will happen is that you start work and not finish it this turn. Also, lol :)

I'd like to be placed in rotation, if possible, please.

@Haseri sure thing, I added you to the waiting list - a few people have jumped straight in when I needed someone to take over an NPC, so it might not take that long to find you a spot, if you don't mind playing an existing human.

Just exchanged PM's with thomas, I think it would serve to post this here too:

Daftpanzer said:
You are absolutely free to invent your own things to build, the list on the first page was meant only to serve as a base (and idea of what you can expect per AP).

I'm very flexible about how the spiritual side of things works in this game. You can equally just spend time meditating on yourself, or enchanting an object you already have (goat skull). But totems/temples will serve as a focus point, and hold more power as a result of the effort and dedication (intention) that went into building them, as well as having an artistic value! But you don't *need* them in order to explore the spiritual side of things.

---

@Thlayli, thankyou :)

1 AP to carve stone blocks from the back of the cave, both making the cave more comfortable (Flattening irregularities and whatnot) and giving us more material with which to build a wall.

1 AP to assist in building the wall as per the diagram below.

1 AP to protect ourselves spiritually: Mount the goat skulls over the cave door and wall door. The Goats gave up their lives to feed us, therefor they MUST want us to survive. As such, their skulls will act as talismans, protecting the cave from that which would do us harm, and draw that which would help us to us. When/if patchy brings prairie dogs back, mount the skulls on the wall in a similar manner. In addition, craft protective charms out of goat bones and feathers, which will serve to protect us in a similar manner.

1 AP to Live: Eat and rest.

1 AP go hunt prairie dogs and goats the west (hopefully with CW helping)
1 AP craft sticks and rocks into a hoe
1 AP help build wall
1 AP Eat & Sleep (maybe procreate)

Wait, make sure we don't completely wall off entrance to the cave.

Top Bottom