1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

NESCraft

Discussion in 'Never Ending Stories' started by Daftpanzer, Jan 26, 2013.

1. Terrance888

Terrance888 Discord Reigns

You'd be daft to not support this.

2. Vylinius

Vylinius College Student

We could do a kickstarter.

3. Seon

Seon Not An Evil Liar

What would be the target money?

4. Immaculate

Immaculate unerring

I do not support the precedent this sets. Pay-for-use NESing, even volunteer payments, goes against my idea of what we are doing.

5. Terrance888

We're not paying. We're donating.

6. Daftpanzer

Daftpanzer There may be more posts after this.

You're very kind :) I'm not sure I would accept money even if offered. Even minimum wage for the hours I spend would be a lot of money, believe it or not ;)

A NES kickstarter is interesting idea. I think we would have to spin it as some kind of sweeping artistic project - a whole new NES, with multiple mods involved. A community project.

7. Lord_Herobrine

Lord_Herobrine Back in the Saddle

That actually is a very interesting idea. It could be an NES of epic proportions, possibly. But how would the Kickstarter help the NES itself?

8. Nintz

Nintz King of the Britons

The only theoretical way for a kickstarter to help a NES is if the mod(s) are able to quit full-time jobs and instead mod their NESes as their jobs.

Which is not something I personally support for the record, but an intriguing idea to be sure.

9. North King

North King blech

We'd need a lot more members to give people a livable wage. :p

10. qoou

qoou Emperor

If there's anything I've learned on the NESing forums, it's that Daft can take the most daft sounding idea and somehow turn it into pure gold, with sprites on top.

And Hellenistic military tactics+formations. I've learned a lot of that here too.

11. Lord_Herobrine

Seconded.

12. Terrance888

Instead of the Kickstarter meant to replace a full job, a Kickstarter meant to decrease secondary considerations and commitments (1 freelance job instead of 2, 4 tutored students instead of 6, or opening an entire weekend once a month ala North King) would be more viable.

A Kickstarter meant to give our top mods top tools (high level rendering engine/programs, powerful computers, a complete set of Jared Diamond works:)p), upgraded internet, and an internet function which blocks everything other than the NESing sub forum come update time) also would work.

I would gladly give $100 towards 2k for Daft to get a top of the line rig with the best graphics rendering/modificaiton programs and the training that goes with it. Oh sure, NORMAL sprite graphics don't need top of the line rendering. But this is DAFT we're talking bout!

13. Gem Hound

Gem Hound Deity

Do a kickstarter for an actual game built for NESing. :D

14. Daftpanzer

Thankyou all, but I think North King summed it up well :) On that subject, NK has a nice established game world - how about a kickstarter for a N3SIII-based novel? Or N3S-based mod of Total War? :D

I've actually found time to do a bit of updating recently. Progressing, slowly.

15. Thlayli

Thlayli Le Pétit Prince

If you're allowed to open source the sprite sheets and backgrounds, you should use them for future board games on here.

16. North King

North King blech

I see what you did there. :p

17. Immaculate

Immaculate unerring

Okay, so maybe i went a little too far but i really like this game and i wanted to show my appreciation... so i took a selfie.

hope it motivates... :lmao:

Spoiler :
    just kidding of course. But i ran into this pic and thought it would be awesome for this thread.

18. Lord_Herobrine

You sir, just made my day. :p

19. Daftpanzer

Lol, Immaculate!

Well yes, as you all noticed, no update yet. And I realise that one update every few months is frustrating for people, as you've all forgotten everything by the time the update rolls around. I really wanted to update this and NESLife both before Christmas, alas that didn't happen - I've had quite a difficult time over the past few months... Christmas itself was really good though, spent a week with family, was just too busy to spend time on my laptop.

I really want to break my usual habits and have a successful, frequently updating NES. Years of NESing and I'm still trying to figure that out :/ Maybe 2014 will be the year! One thing I'm proud of, is not going off with some new NES idea - I think the NESCraft world still has a lot of potential. So yep, still planning to update this!

20. Immaculate

Immaculate unerring

Don't sweat it. Like i wrote, the picture motivated the post, not the other way around. Have a happy new years!